U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Put 'Em Under Pressure (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f223/)
-   -   It's a college basketball thread... (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f223/its-a-college-basketball-thread-181630.html)

Headache in a Suitcase 02-21-2008 07:58 PM

st. anthony's on espn at 9 if, ya know, you're not doing anything.

Headache in a Suitcase 02-23-2008 09:22 AM

i will say this... i feel sorry for the upper-classmen at indiana, especially d.j. white. he's been through so much off the court bullshit in his 4 years, and he's shown nothing but class throughout. :hi5: for him.


if the tournament committee puts davidson up in a tough matchup in the first round i'm going to strike. they put all the good mid-majors last year either against each other or against tough competition and then claimed it was just irony and there was no conspiracy against them... if it happens again this year, then you know that the big schools and/or CBS simply don't want the mid-majors to succeed.

Headache in a Suitcase 02-24-2008 01:24 AM

tennessee :hi5:

i love bets.

i also love bruce pearl.

and on top of that, i love bets.

Got Philk? 02-24-2008 01:55 AM

I just have to point out that Drake University in Des Moines, Iowa is ranked and just beat Butler tonight.

I hated the state of Iowa, but I did always go to Drake's basketball camp in the summer. So, I can consider myself a fan of theirs and not feel as if I have jumped on a bandwagon. :)

zonelistener 02-24-2008 12:17 PM

bandwagon jumper. :tsk:




:wink:

speedracer 02-24-2008 06:48 PM

Not saying that Kelvin Sampson doesn't deserve his fate, because he clearly does...but could the University of Indiana possibly have handled the situation any worse than they did?

First Indiana hires the guy, knowing that he's got NCAA charges pending against him...then when the NCAA puts him on probation for a year, they hire Dan Dakich to undermine/replace him (this seems to be the reason why half the Indiana team boycotted their first practice under him).

When Sampson gets in trouble again, instead of either (a) waiting until June when the NCAA issues another ruling against him or (b) quietly conducting their due process and then firing him, they choose to (c) publicly announce that they're thinking about firing him pending the results of their investigation, and repeat said announcements every other day for several weeks, before finally firing him.

Yeesh.

randhail 02-24-2008 08:22 PM

If only Tim Welsh, Providence's head coach, would commit some NCAA violations, then maybe we could finally be rid of him. Another lackluster season in Friartown. :sigh: At least I'll always have '97 when God really was a Friar.

Headache in a Suitcase 02-24-2008 08:32 PM

i give another 2-3 years before the big east splits in half

WildHoneyAlways 02-24-2008 08:39 PM

Indiana wanted to avoid a law suit at all costs that's why they made announcements about due process and all. They couldn't just fire him, it was in his contract. The mistake they made was hiring him in the first place. They've know about the violations for quite a while (they have been conducting an investigation).

The players boycotting practice is just silly.

zonelistener 02-24-2008 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by WildHoneyAlways

The players boycotting practice is just silly.

And wearing his name on their shoes.

randhail 02-24-2008 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
i give another 2-3 years before the big east splits in half
you mean with the bottom feeders being cast off or split amongst those schools with and without football?

I think the league is way to big and would welcome casting off a few schools. I'm just afraid that Providence would be one of those schools cast off. About the only argument they have going for them is that they were one of the originals. They haven't been really relevant in years - mainly during the Tim Welsh tenure. I'd love to see them take a chance on a young coach looking to build a name for himself. I know that the school is a stepping stone program, but at least some excitement could get infused. Maybe it would be better for Providence to get shoved off into a different conference like the A-10 and maybe be a little bit more competitive, but I would hate to see it happen at least at first.

CTU2fan 02-25-2008 07:43 AM

I'd happily go back to the old Big East (minus BC of course), but we're out of luck since football is driving the bus :( As it is now, I think the word is...ponderous :)

Headache in a Suitcase 02-25-2008 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by randhail


you mean with the bottom feeders being cast off or split amongst those schools with and without football?

I think the league is way to big and would welcome casting off a few schools. I'm just afraid that Providence would be one of those schools cast off. About the only argument they have going for them is that they were one of the originals. They haven't been really relevant in years - mainly during the Tim Welsh tenure. I'd love to see them take a chance on a young coach looking to build a name for himself. I know that the school is a stepping stone program, but at least some excitement could get infused. Maybe it would be better for Providence to get shoved off into a different conference like the A-10 and maybe be a little bit more competitive, but I would hate to see it happen at least at first.

they wouldn't have to cast anyone off, just split the football playing schools and the non football playing schools... 8 and 8.

basketball/catholic schools conference
-georgetown
-notre dame
-marquette
-villanova
-seton hall
-depaul
-st. john's
-providence

football/non-religious conference
-louisville
-uconn
-west virginia
-cincinatti
-pittsburgh
-syracuse
-south florida
-rutgers

zonelistener 02-25-2008 09:24 PM

I know they are independent/not in the Big east for football
 
Quote:

Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase


they wouldn't have to cast anyone off, just split the football playing schools and the non football playing schools... 8 and 8.

basketball/catholic schools conference
-georgetown
-notre dame
-marquette
-villanova
-seton hall
-depaul
-st. john's
-providence

football/non-religious conference
-louisville
-uconn
-west virginia
-cincinatti
-pittsburgh
-syracuse
-south florida
-rutgers

Yeah, Notre Dame isn't much of a football school. :wink:

Hewson 02-25-2008 10:13 PM

Re: I know they are independent/not in the Big east for football
 
Quote:

Originally posted by zonelistener


Yeah, Notre Dame isn't much of a football school. :wink:

They have no desire to join the Big East for football. If they did it would have been while Miami, VT and BC were still there, certainly not now.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com