U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Lemonade Stand Archive (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/)
-   -   Coldplay Announce New Album Tracks (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/coldplay-announce-new-album-tracks-179785.html)

pepokiss 09-10-2007 04:37 PM

Coldplay Announce New Album Tracks

yes... is the C word...

no, don't think of the OTHER C word :shifty:

from 411mania.com
http://www.411mania.com/music/news/5...bum-Tracks.htm

Quote:

Coldplay Announce New Album Tracks
Posted by Mitch Michaels on 09.10.2007

Chris Martin and company recording their fourth album...

Alt rockers Coldplay announced eight song titles from their upcoming album via their website recently. Songs from that record will be "Lost", "Cemeteries Of London", "Violet Hill", "Poppy Fields", "42", "Yes!", "Leftrightleftrightleft" and "Rainy Day". No release date has been set for the album, but it's expected some time in 2008.

According to the band's post, "Expect a short, concise record with no fat and at least two top-division songs released independently...We're still a few months from finishing but already the arguments about track listing have begun." Recorded in Barcelona, the album is said to be "infused [with] the sights, sounds and flavors of Latin America and Spain...The music and lyrics have begun to reflect the strengthening Hispanic theme...No maracas or castanets, but a vibrancy and colorfulness that owes much to the atmosphere of Buenos Aires and Barcelona."

The album will be the follow-up to 2005's #1 hit X&Y.

Credit: Billboard.com

Cementeries of London better be one hell of a song with such a cool name...

LMP 09-10-2007 04:45 PM

Are those real song titles or British children's show song titles?

pepokiss 09-10-2007 04:47 PM

*waits for the "Violet Hill" is a One Tree Hill rip off remarks :happy:

SeattleVertigo 09-10-2007 04:51 PM

Those are some odd names. "Leftrightleftrightleft?" You do the hokey pokey!

I'm hoping for better things this time around. Loved Rush of Blood, but wasn't sold on the last record.

Mostly, I hope for better lyrics.

xaviMF22 09-10-2007 04:52 PM

I can't wait for this :dance:

this record will make or break coldplay

X&Y :madspit:

A rush of blood to the head :drool: :drool:

LMP 09-10-2007 04:57 PM

Parachutes to Rush of Blood was an insane freshman-sophomore album combo, there was a sweet progression of style and content from one album to the other. X&Y was a side-step at best, hopefully this one will deliver something fresh... even if they have shitty titles.

At least they make Prospekt look like a legit title by comparison.

BoMac 09-10-2007 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by pepokiss
*waits for the "Violet Hill" is a One Tree Hill rip off remarks :happy:
Don't forget "42" vs. "40". I think that's the more obvious comparison. I know that's the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the titles.

craigp 09-10-2007 05:38 PM

Lost = Gone:madspit:
Rainy Day = Dirty Day :madspit:

U2Fanatic4ever 09-10-2007 05:42 PM

why only 9 songs on the album??? :scratch: I mean that's isn't even an average number.. Usually its about 11 songs..

BoMac 09-10-2007 05:46 PM

^ Those are the eight song titles that were released. The article doesn't say that that the record will consist of those eight songs only. Furthermore, I think these are working titles and the song names will be different when the album comes out.

At least I hope that's the case, as far as "leftrightleftrightleft" is concerned. :|

U2Fanatic4ever 09-10-2007 06:00 PM

according to coldplaying.com:

Coldplay have revealed the first details of their new album including a number of songs up for consideration for the final track listing.

Writing on their official blog the band announced that they had just returned to the studio after a month off. They wrote: “The plan has always been to make a short record. No more than 42 minutes. 9 songs (give or take).”

The songs which might make it to the final cut include ‘Lost!’, ‘Cemeteries Of London’, ‘Violet Hill’. ‘Poppy Fields’, ‘42’, ‘Yes!’, Leftrightleftrightleft’ and ‘Rainy Day’. The blog also stated that fans can expect two songs that won’t feature on the album to be released “independently” as well.

it's saying that the album is going to be about 9 songs long and 2 other songs to be released independently. According to the band's blog page..

Headache in a Suitcase 09-10-2007 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto
Are those real song titles or British children's show song titles?
actually it's a list of potential names for chris and gwenyth's next kid.

babyman 09-10-2007 06:13 PM

Titles are good!

Justin24 09-10-2007 06:38 PM

Can't wait for this. I like Coldplay better than Aracade of Fire. :wink: :ohmy: :|

EdgeIsTooSexy 09-10-2007 06:40 PM

sweet this is actually one new band i like