U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f288/)
-   -   Deep In The Heart Appreciation (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f288/deep-in-the-heart-appreciation-179080.html)

An Cat Gav 08-16-2007 10:12 AM

Deep In The Heart Appreciation
 
DEEP IN THE HEART!



It says something for the creative period U2 were in 86-87 that a song as good as this was not only demoted to b-side for The Joshua Tree, but it was also not considered good enough for the b-side of their 19801-1990 G Hits.

Starting with one of their best intros to a track(similat to bullet the blue sky) this track meanders into a gruelling, industrial ode to the dark underbelly of love, like most of The Joshua Tree. Featuring a great performance from all 4 of the boys, this track is one of my fave b-sides. I am frankly flabbergasted that the band ignored it in such a revisonist manner for the b-sides1980-90 ghits. It is clearly better than most of the featured cover versions!

Deep in the heart, a somewhat forgotten gem, and should be considerd up there with Walk to the water, silver and gold and spanish eyes in the canon of great U2 b-sides.

gman 08-16-2007 03:23 PM

Al back ya on this Gav. We share very simmilar views on u2's recordings as you probably realised over your time on here.

Screwtape2 08-16-2007 03:27 PM

Re: Deep In The Heart Appreciation
 
Quote:

Originally posted by An Cat Gav
DEEP IN THE HEART!



It says something for the creative period U2 were in 86-87 that a song as good as this was not only demoted to b-side for The Joshua Tree, but it was also not considered good enough for the b-side of their 19801-1990 G Hits.

Starting with one of their best intros to a track(similat to bullet the blue sky) this track meanders into a gruelling, industrial ode to the dark underbelly of love, like most of The Joshua Tree. Featuring a great performance from all 4 of the boys, this track is one of my fave b-sides. I am frankly flabbergasted that the band ignored it in such a revisonist manner for the b-sides1980-90 ghits. It is clearly better than most of the featured cover versions!

Deep in the heart, a somewhat forgotten gem, and should be considerd up there with Walk to the water, silver and gold and spanish eyes in the canon of great U2 b-sides.

:yes: Deep In The Heart is one of the best songs U2 ever made. Those 80's b-sides are a thousand times better then the singles of most artists.

gman 08-16-2007 03:36 PM

Yer not wrong screwtape!!

Zooropa man 08-16-2007 03:37 PM

I agree with all of you. This is an amazing song. When I listen to it, it makes me feel like I'm in the middle of Lake Powell on a house boat. It's quiet but the soothing melody of this track brings back memories when I was there. Perfect song to go with imagery. Open skies, red rocks, a sea of water... I love the middle section of the song too where it kinda stops and all you hear is Larry's beat. Defenitely one of my fav's and yes, it belongs there with Walk to the Water.

Zoots 08-16-2007 07:39 PM

Re: Re: Deep In The Heart Appreciation
 
Quote:

Originally posted by Screwtape2
Deep In The Heart is one of the best songs U2 ever made.
Yup!

david 08-16-2007 08:45 PM

I love the music to it. It's like a poem put to ambient music. I wish they would have remastered it and put it on the original B-Sides cd for the first Best Of. But I read they didn't have a good version of it?

Despite that, at least I have it on vinyl.

Sounds way good.

asr 08-17-2007 12:25 AM

It Should Have been On Rattle and Hum as well as the other JT outtakes instead of the live stuff.

AndrewCowley 08-17-2007 02:21 AM

Wonderful song.

coolian2 08-17-2007 04:33 AM

I love it.

+Race Against Time. There's a track that could have been on any of their 90s albums.

Screwtape2 08-17-2007 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by asr
It Should Have been On Rattle and Hum as well as the other JT outtakes instead of the live stuff.
Could you imagine that? Look at the pool of songs that Rattle & Hum could have been composed of. :combust:

1. Walk To The Water
2. Deep In The Heart
3. Race Against Time
4. Luminous Times
5. Spanish Eyes
6. Sweetest Thing
7. Silver Gold
8. Van Diemen's Land
9. Desire
10. Hawkmoon 269
11. Angel Of Harlem
12. Love Rescue Me
13. When Love Comes To Town
14. Heartland
15. God Part 2
16. All I Want Is You

BoyStupidBoy88 08-17-2007 12:50 PM

Always been one of my favorites.

pat132 08-17-2007 10:14 PM

One of my favorites b-sides. Proves that the best is not always in the albums :D

I love this Unforgettable Fire-like ambient guitar sound (because I love the UF album)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com