U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Lemonade Stand Archive (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/)
-   -   New material notwithstanding, I really like Weezer (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/new-material-notwithstanding-i-really-like-weezer-178856.html)

LemonMelon 08-07-2007 11:58 PM

New material notwithstanding, I really like Weezer

Yes, at one point the band that released Make Believe was actually really damn good and had some credibility. Ignore the crappiness of that album and the spottiness of the two that came before it, and you have two truly special records.

Blue Album: one of the friggin catchiest records of the 90's and beyond. The whole thing is one rockin' party of fat riffs, catchy vocal melodies, and more "I suck at life, but it's all good" lyrics than you can shake a stick at. This one time, I walked around in a music store for an extra 15 minutes just because they were playing this album all the way through. This one guy noticed I wasn't going to buy anything, but he didn't care, because we're pals. :lol:

Pinkerton: the last good emo album. Ever since Pinkerton, every artist that has attempted to copy that sound has phoned it in and forgot to add the intensity, pain, and craftsmanship that this album contained. It's probably the most flawed record ever created, but that's what makes it special. It sucks you into its own little world for 40 minutes, and I love that. Plus, it rocks even harder than Blue. :rockon:

They have had some great singles since then (Dope Nose, Hash Pipe, Island In The Sun, Keep Fishin'), but their last good "album" was Pinkerton, end of discussion. When Make Believe came out, I seriously expected something good, but it turned out to be horrible. :shrug: Supposedly, they're working on new material, but I really don't care. :| Anyone else like this band?

LMP 08-08-2007 12:00 AM

Buddy Holly :drool:

LemonMelon 08-08-2007 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto
Buddy Holly :drool:
The Fonz + Weezer = :heart:

AtomicBono 08-08-2007 12:28 AM

weezer's cool, i saw them live years ago

I enjoy the green album and Maladroit

never bothered with Make Believe

LemonMelon 08-08-2007 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by AtomicBono
weezer's cool, i saw them live years ago

I enjoy the green album and Maladroit

never bothered with Make Believe

What's your take on Pink & Blue?

AtomicBono 08-08-2007 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by LemonMelon

What's your take on Pink & Blue?

I like them both as well. Dunno what happened to my copies of them though. But Buddy Holly... :love:

Weezer's good fun catchy rock :up:

LemonMelon 08-08-2007 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by AtomicBono

Weezer's good fun catchy rock :up:

:up: Sounds about right.

intedomine 08-08-2007 05:00 AM

So where does one start on their Weezer journey?

Saracene 08-08-2007 05:09 AM

I quite like Blue Album, it's got some fun catchy songs. I used to have Green Album and Maladroit as well but got rid of both during one of my CD collection purges. I can't say I understand the worship Weezer gets in some quarters - they're good, but good in a pretty generic kind of way, IMO.

UnforgettableLemon 08-08-2007 08:52 AM

Honestly, I like everything they've released, including about half of Make Believe. As much filler as it was, it had some tremendously good singles, as opposed to Green and Maladroit which were very consistent albums to me, even if they had fewer obvious highlights. The blue album is, of course, transcendent and seeing a 15 minute version of Only in Dreams live was :drool: x :combust: infinity.

Pinkerton is damn near perfection, as well.

If you shout... 08-08-2007 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Saracene
I quite like Blue Album, it's got some fun catchy songs. I used to have Green Album and Maladroit as well but got rid of both during one of my CD collection purges. I can't say I understand the worship Weezer gets in some quarters - they're good, but good in a pretty generic kind of way, IMO.
Bingo.

Well, but I like Pinkerton, too. I'm nerdishly proud of the fact that I'm the only person I know who actually liked the album when it originally came out, too. Score one for the dork within, or something.

LemonMelon 08-08-2007 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by intedomine
So where does one start on their Weezer journey?
Blue--->Pinkerton

Or wait a few years for a greatest hits collection. :wink:

Dalton 08-08-2007 11:53 AM

God damn you half-Japanese girls.

You do it to me everytime.

LemonMelon 08-08-2007 11:57 AM

Oh, the redhead said you shred the cello

And I'm jello, baby. :love:

Dalton 08-08-2007 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dalton
God damn you half-Japanese girls.

You do it to me everytime.

And yes, Bridgette, I AM looking at you.