U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Lemonade Stand Archive (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/)
-   -   Muse to OPEN for My Chemical Romance....I just vomited. (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/muse-to-open-for-my-chemical-romance-i-just-vomited-172794.html)

Ifeelnumb84 02-10-2007 03:21 PM

Muse to OPEN for My Chemical Romance....I just vomited.

I really love Muse.
I really hate MCR.
I won't pay $35 to see Muse play for 45 minutes...especially if MCR follows them...this really sorta sucks.
I really wish Muse was bigger in the US, they are amazing.

xaviMF22 02-10-2007 03:22 PM

fuck that I'll go see Muse then leave :drool:

thats right bitches :wink:

LemonMelon 02-10-2007 03:23 PM

:drool: This could very possibly be the worst combination of the year.

OK, Good Charlotte opening for Coldplay would be worse, but still...:eyebrow:

Tiger Edge 02-10-2007 03:24 PM

got_edge, myself and a friend bought GA tickets to go see Muse. We will be leaving promptly after their set. :wink:

BUT

Apparently something is going today and Muse might have pulled out of the tour. We will have to see. :(

HeartlandGirl 02-10-2007 03:37 PM

MCR's newest album is excellent, if you're open-minded enough to give it a try. Maybe stick around and watch a few songs?

LemonMelon 02-10-2007 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by HeartlandGirl
MCR's newest album is excellent, if you're open-minded enough to give it a try. Maybe stick around and watch a few songs?
I agree with this. I thought Black Parade was pretty average, but it could be excellent live. Who knows?

annie_vox 02-10-2007 03:55 PM

I just wanted to see how MCR enters the stage after Muse :hmm: That's got to be difficult...

xaviMF22 02-10-2007 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by annie_vox
I just wanted to see how MCR enters the stage after Muse :hmm: That's got to be difficult...
MUSE will steal the show :drool:

annie_vox 02-10-2007 04:05 PM

Are MCR more popular then Muse in the US? If something like this happened in Europe I'm sure half of the audience would leave before MCR... But if they're not popular there they're probably trying to get some fans... That's ok...

martha 02-10-2007 04:12 PM

:scratch:

I have tickets to see Muse headline in LA.

Total U2 Nut 02-10-2007 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by PlaTheGreat

Apparently something is going today and Muse might have pulled out of the tour. We will have to see. :(

There were rumours in a music magazine over here about Matt Bellamy having cancer; I thought it was all crap, but maybe if they're pulling out he could actually be ill (though I'm guessing not cancer....)

HeartlandGirl 02-10-2007 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by annie_vox
Are MCR more popular then Muse in the US? If something like this happened in Europe I'm sure half of the audience would leave before MCR... But if they're not popular there they're probably trying to get some fans... That's ok...

"The Black Parade" just went platinum here, so yeah, I think they're a bigger act here than Muse.

I just read in Spin that MCR are huge fans of Muse, so if they had it their way, they'd probably want Muse to headline. Either way, it's a nice double bill for those who like both bands.

AtomicBono 02-10-2007 07:43 PM

Muse is too big for MCR...but maybe not in the US. that's unfortunate.

I don't hate MCR but I don't particularly like them either. Panic at the Disco on the other hand... when I heard Bloc Party was opening for them I was like :yuck:, luckily Bloc Party are headlining their own tour now :drool:

but anyway, doesnt Muse have a reputation as one of the best live bands around today? You don't want your opening act to upstage you...

Slopsy 02-10-2007 08:01 PM

I love both these bands :drool: I personally think it would be amazing to see...

...but it would be really hard for MCR to follow Muse.

Saracene 02-10-2007 08:43 PM

Not a huge fan of MCR, but in my current state of Muse obsession I'd probably pay just to see them open anyway, :drool:

The only time I went to a gig because of the warm-up act was when I went to see Yeah Yeah Yeahs open for Jon Spencer's Blues Explosion. That was when I developed my huge girl-crush on Karen O, :)