U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Lemonade Stand Archive (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/)
-   -   New Tori Amos Album (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/new-tori-amos-album-171371.html)

HeartlandGirl 01-06-2007 09:49 PM

New Tori Amos Album
 
Tonight I was listening to Tori and decided to look up something on wikipedia about her. That's where I found this:

"During the summer tour and in several recent interviews while promoting A Piano, Amos has revealed cryptic details about her upcoming album. She has hinted at a release date of April 2007. It has also been confirmed that Tori is returning to the harpsichord for the first time since 1996's Boys for Pele, along with the piano and Wurlitzer. Amos has made several comments about bringing a "warrior woman" out on the next record. She has also stated that she is "jumping ship" with the next record and doing something completely different than her previous work."

More quotes from Tori concerning the new album can be found here.

This is the one I find most promising:

"I think that this new work -- it's too early to say -- but this is a very different chapter. Certainly, since I've been a mother. You haven't really felt this Tori in a while...I didn't want [Tash] looking and hearing me and thinking, "Oh my God, that's a scary lady!" There are enough scary rock & roll mothers in the world. I'm able to explain now that the woman who comes and reads bedtime stories and hangs out with her is different than the woman who walks behind that piano. I think this is the first time she's able to differentiate that. Now that there's that buffer, there are things in the world it's time to confront. There is an energy that you carry when you're nurturing another life where you're protecting first -- and once you know that cub is out of the way of the hunter's gun, you can be a little more daring." (March 30, 2006)

And all I have to say now is :hyper: :combust:

Oh, and returning to the harpsichord? :drool:

joyfulgirl 01-07-2007 08:40 AM

Re: New Tori Amos Album
 
Quote:

Originally posted by HeartlandGirl


And all I have to say now is :hyper: :combust:

Oh, and returning to the harpsichord? :drool:

:up:

Bring on the scary, daring, confrontational harpischord-playing rock & roll mama!!

Regina Filangie 01-07-2007 09:51 AM

I hope this is true. I've been a diehard Tori fan since "Little Earthquakes", but I was really disappointed with "The Beekeeper". Even after repeated listenings, I sadly just couldn't get into it.

Zoots 01-07-2007 11:19 AM

Re: Re: New Tori Amos Album
 
Quote:

Originally posted by joyfulgirl
:up:

Bring on the scary, daring, confrontational harpischord-playing rock & roll mama!!

:drool:

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I'm still working thru Venus, haven't listened to it fully yet. :lol: One more to go... Strange Little Girls. :hmm:

LarryMullen's POPAngel 01-07-2007 01:35 PM

I never even bought The Beekeeper, sadly. If I find it used somewhere, sure, but I never got excited about it.

I will be watching this new one, though. :drool:

drt4 01-07-2007 02:29 PM

This does sound quite promising. The Beekeeper was pretty boring, and Scarlet's Walk was nice and all, but still not near as great as her earlier albums. Tori started getting too tasteful.

Though I will admit that I was not crazy about the harpsichord songs on Boys for Pele, except for Caught A Lite Sneeze.

redhotswami 01-09-2007 10:59 PM

:hyper: just in time for my birthday!!

Saracene 01-10-2007 01:37 AM

Harpsichord, :drool:

I like "The Beekeeper" but a departure would be nice.

Angela Harlem 01-10-2007 06:45 AM

Excellent. I still have much Tori to learn about, and now even more so.
:up:

cruzila 01-10-2007 06:47 AM

:hyper: :hyper:

U2Girl416 01-10-2007 08:47 AM

I was disappointed with the Bee Keeper myself, after I enjoyed Scarlet's Walk so much. I've been longing for a return to her Choir Girl Hotel days though. I still remember the show I went to in '98 and it rocked. Totally awesome. I'll be very interested to see how this one turns out! I :heart: Tori!


just in time for my birthday too, Mia! :drool:

joyfulgirl 01-10-2007 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by U2Girl416
I was disappointed with the Bee Keeper myself, after I enjoyed Scarlet's Walk so much. I've been longing for a return to her Choir Girl Hotel days though. I still remember the show I went to in '98 and it rocked. Totally awesome. I'll be very interested to see how this one turns out! I :heart: Tori!
:up: Same here!

corianderstem 01-10-2007 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by drt4
This does sound quite promising. The Beekeeper was pretty boring, and Scarlet's Walk was nice and all, but still not near as great as her earlier albums. Tori started getting too tasteful.

Though I will admit that I was not crazy about the harpsichord songs on Boys for Pele, except for Caught A Lite Sneeze.

Yeah, I'm with you, except for the harpischord stuff. It did nothing for me at first, but Pele really grew on me after a few years.

corianderstem 01-11-2007 03:28 PM

you know, I liked From the Choirgirl Hotel when it came out, but I'm listening to it now and I just don't like it. I love Spark and 1 or 2 other songs, but the rest are just ... yuck.

So come on, Tori! Give me something to looooooooooooove!

joyfulgirl 01-11-2007 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by corianderstem
you know, I liked From the Choirgirl Hotel when it came out, but I'm listening to it now and I just don't like it. I love Spark and 1 or 2 other songs, but the rest are just ... yuck.

Really? I think Choirgirl is underrated. I have some issues with the production but I really like most of the songs and that tour just kicked so much ass, those songs sounded fantastic live. "Hotel" I hated until I heard it live, I still skip "She's Your Cocaine" (perhaps one of the weakest Tori songs ever, IMO), and "Jackie's Strength" doesn't do anything for me, but I think the rest is great. Liquid Diamonds, Pandora, iieee, Playboy Mommy and Cruel are among my favorite Tori songs.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com