U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Where The Album Has A Name - Songs of Experience (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f196/)
-   -   I wish U218 had been more like this... (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f196/i-wish-u218-had-been-more-like-this-169815.html)

Zoots 12-04-2006 01:10 PM

I wish U218 had been more like this...
 
1. Where The Streets Have No Name
2. I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For
3. With Or Without You
4. Sunday Bloody Sunday
5. New Years Day
6. Pride
7. Desire
8. Beautiful Day
9. Stuck In A Moment
10. Elevation
11. Walk On
12. Vertigo
13. Sometimes
14. All Because Of You
15. City Of Blinding Lights
16. Original Of The Species
17. Saints
18. WITS

:drool: :drool: :drool:

They shouldn't have included One or MW! :rant:

The 90s was a black mark in U2's history! Nothing from the 90s would remotely sell well. And isn't that the most important thing in music??? Can't believe they included something from the horrible horrible 90s! :mad:

BVS 12-04-2006 01:14 PM

Re: I wish U218 had been more like this...
 
Quote:

Originally posted by Zootlesque


They shouldn't have included One or MW! :rant:

The 90s was a black mark in U2's history! Nothing from the 90s would remotely sell well. And isn't that the most important thing in music??? Can't believe they included something from the horrible horrible 90s! :mad:

Why do you assume U2 feels this way?

Zoots 12-04-2006 01:29 PM

Re: Re: I wish U218 had been more like this...
 
Quote:

Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

Why do you assume U2 feels this way?

Look at the track record. That is what will sell. Every single U2 record or release MUST SELL as much or more than the previous one! Otherwise it should be obliterated from the discography. Granted, Achtung Baby sold well but it is still part of the 90s. :madspit:

The only albums that matter:

War
UF
JT
RH
AB... :angry:
ATYCLB
HTDAAB

:drool:

Snowlock 12-04-2006 01:40 PM

Lemme guess, they should've included Pop.:rolleyes:

Zoots 12-04-2006 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Snowlock
Lemme guess, they should've included Pop.:rolleyes:
:huh: What part of MUST SELL don't you understand?

BVS 12-04-2006 01:46 PM

Re: Re: Re: I wish U218 had been more like this...
 
Quote:

Originally posted by Zootlesque


Look at the track record. That is what will sell. Every single U2 record or release MUST SELL as much or more than the previous one! Otherwise it should be obliterated from the discography. Granted, Achtung Baby sold well but it is still part of the 90s. :madspit:

The only albums that matter:

War
UF
JT
RH
AB... :angry:
ATYCLB
HTDAAB

:drool:

You didn't answer the question. You assume U2 looks at the 90's as a stain, yet you have no evidence backing this up, that's my point.

Zoots 12-04-2006 01:52 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: I wish U218 had been more like this...
 
Quote:

Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
You didn't answer the question. You assume U2 looks at the 90's as a stain, yet you have no evidence backing this up, that's my point.
:huh: I don't assume. I know the 90s WERE a stain, a bad bad one that must be erased from everyone's memory! :no:

U2 is holy again now. Praise Yahweh. :)

Aygo 12-04-2006 01:57 PM

Zoots, what's wrong with you? Is that really you? I'm not recognizing you...:confused:

BVS 12-04-2006 02:10 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I wish U218 had been more like this...
 
Quote:

Originally posted by Zootlesque


:huh: I don't assume. I know the 90s WERE a stain, a bad bad one that must be erased from everyone's memory! :no:

U2 is holy again now. Praise Yahweh. :)

Nice evidence.:|

RademR 12-04-2006 02:16 PM

Not including anything from POP was a crime. Horrible compilation our boys put out.

Aygo 12-04-2006 02:17 PM

I'm still in shock...

LMP 12-04-2006 02:25 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I wish U218 had been more like this...
 
Quote:

Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar


Nice evidence.:|

He's laying the sarcasm down pretty thick.

In retrospect, I wish Gloria and I Will Follow made the album over Stuck, Elevation, with Stay or Miss Sarajevo as a bonus track.

manwiththespinninhead 12-04-2006 02:27 PM

ah! achtung baby and zooropa were out ion the 90's achtung baby is their best album! so how is it a stain?

Numb1075 12-04-2006 02:29 PM

Zoots, not everyone is catching the sarcasm.....you should lighten up.:wink:

BVS 12-04-2006 02:39 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I wish U218 had been more like this...
 
Quote:

Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto


He's laying the sarcasm down pretty thick.


I understand that. That should be obvious by my first post. Hence why I asked him why he thinks U2 thinks this and not himself.

But I'm trying to get him to say why he thinks this, he's stated it several times but never really backs it up. So I'm curious.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com