U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   General Tour Discussions (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f280/)
-   -   vertigo tour ?? (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f280/vertigo-tour-168415.html)

1/8/87 11-11-2006 10:11 PM

vertigo tour ??

last nights sydney show had just 4 songs from htdaab !!!! is this a record for this tour ??
elevation tour by stealth ? south america tour 2 ?

Come on lads you have been coming to australia since the early 80's - WE WANT THE ELECTRIC CO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! , out of control , gloria , wild horses , the whole european stadium experience , i dont want to see the same setlist on monday night , too many u2 "virgins" goint to these shows though !!

Axver 11-11-2006 10:25 PM

Yes, you are correct, last night had the lowest amount of HTDAAB songs out of any Vertigo Tour show.

I am hoping we will get something special tomorrow. Bring on the mighty Electric Co.!

adrball 11-11-2006 11:18 PM

This didn't feel like a Vertigo show. Special nonetheless.

Axver-I agree. Bring back Electric Co. Maybe WITS too-dunno.

Av 11-11-2006 11:40 PM

Axver, the setlists being very similar from brisbane to sydney do u get a different expirerence out of every show?? Me and a mate are going to both the Melbourne gigs?? And his not sure if he wants to go now because the setlists are so similar. Whats ur opinion on it, as you are going to a number of shows on this leg of the tour. Whats the expierence like at the second show when a similar setlist is played and it becomes predictable?

I also agree bring on Electric Co. and Out of Control !!!

AndrewCowley 11-11-2006 11:45 PM

Don't discount the fact it might be the U218 tour by stealth. I'm seeing all the Australian shows and if I could be so brave as to have a wishlist of songs I want to see but not yet played then here it is:

All Because Of You
Crumbs
All I Want Is You
Bad
The Electric Co

With "only" 4 shows to go I reckon my chances are getting slim. Sydney III could knock off 2 perhaps even 3 of these. I don't think Adelaide will have anything adventurous in it. Probably the same as Brisbane and Sydney I.

Popmartijn 11-12-2006 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Axver
Yes, you are correct, last night had the lowest amount of HTDAAB songs out of any Vertigo Tour show.

I am hoping we will get something special tomorrow. Bring on the mighty Electric Co.!

The Electric Co. isn't on HTDAAB either...

Axver 11-12-2006 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Popmartijn

The Electric Co. isn't on HTDAAB either...

:huh: I know. Did you read the original post? I replied first to the comment that Sydney II had the least amount of HTDAAB songs, and then to the comment about the other songs. I never said either 1. that "something special" at Sydney III = HTDAAB stuff, or 2. that The Electric Co. is somehow on HTDAAB.

Axver 11-12-2006 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Av
Axver, the setlists being very similar from brisbane to sydney do u get a different expirerence out of every show?? Me and a mate are going to both the Melbourne gigs?? And his not sure if he wants to go now because the setlists are so similar. Whats ur opinion on it, as you are going to a number of shows on this leg of the tour. Whats the expierence like at the second show when a similar setlist is played and it becomes predictable?

I also agree bring on Electric Co. and Out of Control !!!

Well, I felt Sydney III had quite a different feel to it than Brisbane and quite a good deal better. The band is good at not making every song seem the same as its last 100 performances. Plus, when I like a song, I don't see the problem with hearing it again. I've heard The Fly at every single U2 show that I have seen, and I seem to enjoy it more and more every time. At the moment, out of the songs that we know will make the set, it is the one I look forward to most.

bono_man2002 11-12-2006 01:30 AM

Quote:

2. that The Electric Co. is somehow on HTDAAB.
Keep listening after Fast Cars.....:wink:

Axver 11-12-2006 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by bono_man2002

Keep listening after Fast Cars.....:wink:

That's the demo, The Gas Co. Shows what you know. :tsk:

bono_man2002 11-12-2006 01:38 AM

Quote:

That's the demo, The Gas Co. Shows what you know. :tsk:

Are you sure about that , you might be confused with The Water Co.

coolian2 11-12-2006 01:53 AM

How long do you have to listen before you hear Old Kent Road?

bono_man2002 11-12-2006 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by coolian2
How long do you have to listen before you hear Old Kent Road?
I Believe if you listen to Yahweh backwards on the Normal Editon of HTDAAB (without Fast Cars) you can hear it there.

The_acrobat 11-12-2006 02:48 AM

I don't really consider this to be the Vertigo tour. I mean, it is the same stage and everything, but it's no longer the tour to support and promote the HTDAAB record. The band are probably in a different place now then they were 1-2 years ago. This is the first tour U2 have done without a new album, really. I realize Lovetown was a year after Rattle and Hum, but it definitely felt like the Rattle and Hum tour. These setlists are the songs that U2 want to play, what they feel is their "A-Game". Call it the U2:18 tour if you want, you won't be wrong.

Shawn Bonneau 11-12-2006 02:59 PM

Yeah, U2 is just having fun now. That's what is making this 5th leg so good is they are playing the songs they love and can play well. Can't wait for Hawaii!

SMB