U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f288/)
-   -   Remember beach clip 409A? The Strokes song? Well... (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f288/remember-beach-clip-409a-the-strokes-song-well-163085.html)

LyricalDrug 08-04-2006 03:19 PM

Remember beach clip 409A? The Strokes song? Well...
 
Remember beach clip 409A? With Bono singing vocals over top of what seemed to be a Strokes track? People deduced that it seemed like it was a track from Albert Hammond Jr of the Strokes, from his upcoming solo record.

There are news reports today about that record, but Bono isn't mentioned as a collaborator. Maybe that song will just go unreleased? Discuss amongst yourselves...

--------------------
Strokes star goes solo
Brand new album features special guests

rollingstone.com

The Strokes guitarist Albert Hammond Jr. has revealed plans to release his first solo record.

The 10 track album - 'Yours To Keep' - features an all star cast including Sean Lennon, Fountains Of Wayne's Judy Porter, Ben Kweller, Mikki James, Sammy James Jr. and band manager Ryan Gentles.

The album was recorded at New York's Electric Ladyland Studios with Josh Lattanzi on bass and Matt Romano on drums.

Former Thin Lizard Dawn vocalist Greg Lattimer has produced the album.

The track listing for 'Yours To Keep' is:

'Cartoon Music for Superheroes (Goodnight)'
'In Transit'
'Everyone Gets A Star'
'Call An Ambulance'
'Blue Skies'
'Back To The 101'
'Bright Young Thing'
'Scared'
'Holiday'
'Hard to Live in the City'

'Yours To Keep' is out on October 9.

LMP 08-04-2006 03:23 PM

In Transit was the name of 409.

Atleast I'm pretty sure.

david 08-04-2006 03:39 PM

I don't even remember any of this.

Screwtape2 08-04-2006 04:30 PM

But beachclip 409 wasn't a completed song at that point. The song was a recording and not live but it sounded like U2 was playing it. This doesn't make any sense. Why would U2 when showing off new material have a song by another artist if they weren't doing a collaboration? Why would U2 take the time to record the song if they had no involvement? :scratch:

phillyfan26 08-04-2006 04:31 PM

Have you read the thread in Albums Have No Name? They didn't play anything, it was all recorded, they had the Strokes over, and the Strokes played the song for U2.

redkat 08-04-2006 04:32 PM

I got the impression U2 had nothing really to do with the song other than Bono playing around singing along.

It wasn't a collaboration as far as we know right :slant:

LMP 08-04-2006 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by redkat
I got the impression U2 had nothing really to do with the song other than Bono playing around singing along.

It wasn't a collaboration as far as we know right :slant:

That's what I think too.

xaviMF22 08-04-2006 04:49 PM

beach clip 409 is called "in transit"

nathan1977 08-04-2006 05:07 PM

Maybe Fake Edge was involved in the writing of In Transit.

xaviMF22 08-04-2006 05:21 PM

Objection!!1

Screwtape2 08-04-2006 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by phillyfan26
Have you read the thread in Albums Have No Name? They didn't play anything, it was all recorded, they had the Strokes over, and the Strokes played the song for U2.
The song that appeared on the beach clip was not the same version of In Transit as was heard before and sounded like U2 was possibly playing it on the recording. Perhaps *you* have not read the thread in Albums Have No Name?

BANZAI 08-04-2006 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by nathan1977
Maybe Fake Edge was involved in the writing of In Transit.
I've heard about fake edge a lot of times on this forum, but what exactly is the story about fake edge?

LMP 08-04-2006 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BANZAI


I've heard about fake edge a lot of times on this forum, but what exactly is the story about fake edge?

I don't know the full scoop, but it was basically one person claiming they were really The Edge and fooling alot of people a few years back.

xaviMF22 08-04-2006 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto


I don't know the full scoop, but it was basically one person claiming they were really The Edge and fooling alot of people a few years back.


it matters not LemonMacPhisto

LMP 08-04-2006 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by xaviMF22



it matters not LemonMacPhisto

I thought Chris Martin was Jick

:shrug:

Blue Room 08-04-2006 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Screwtape2
But beachclip 409 wasn't a completed song at that point. The song was a recording and not live but it sounded like U2 was playing it. This doesn't make any sense. Why would U2 when showing off new material have a song by another artist if they weren't doing a collaboration? Why would U2 take the time to record the song if they had no involvement? :scratch:
How can you deduce it was U2 playing from any of these muffled clips? Bono's vocal is the only thing really discernable to say there was even any U2 involvement with any of the clips.

See redkat's post on this thread, that about sums it up and I believe that is exactly right.

Screwtape2 08-04-2006 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Blue Room


How can you deduce it was U2 playing from any of these muffled clips? Bono's vocal is the only thing really discernable to say there was even any U2 involvement with any of the clips.

The drums are different and are very similiar to Larry Mullen's style. The style as a whole is conducive to the way U2 plays. I could go in depth on this if you want. I'm not the only one who has said this either.

GibsonGirl 08-04-2006 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto


I don't know the full scoop, but it was basically one person claiming they were really The Edge and fooling alot of people a few years back.

Fake Edge is still on my buddy list. Not kidding. :sad:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b5...5/fakeedge.gif

I remember feeling so cool that I had The Edge on my buddy list. :sigh:

Blue Room 08-04-2006 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Screwtape2


The drums are different and are very similiar to Larry Mullen's style. The style as a whole is conducive to the way U2 plays. I could go in depth on this if you want. I'm not the only one who has said this either.

"similiar" Again, no way to say it is for sure. Bonos vocal is the only thing that says U2 at all with any type of certainty. I'm not saying that none of the clips are U2, a couple may very well be. But it is very difficult to pick out anything as detailed as what you are implying based on some EXTREMELY poor quality audio clips.

I'm not going to argue about it though. If you want to believe your theory thats great, go for it.

LMP 08-04-2006 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by GibsonGirl


Fake Edge is still on my buddy list. Not kidding. :sad:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b5...5/fakeedge.gif

I remember feeling so cool that I had The Edge on my buddy list. :sigh:

I'm sad I missed The Fake Edge Era.

Maybe I'll be around for The Fake Gavin Friday's Cat Era

one can dream :(


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com