U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Free Your Mind Archive (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f290/)
-   -   So, who wants Hillary Clinton for president? (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f290/so-who-wants-hillary-clinton-for-president-162248.html)

shart1780 07-19-2006 08:23 PM

So, who wants Hillary Clinton for president?
 
Am I the only person who thinks the American people won't want her as president?

All politics aside. First of all she's widely known as having a rather (excuse my French) bitchy attitude. The American public seems to have already formed a pretty strong opinion of her, and it doesn't seem too positive. I also don't think the people will want another Clinton in the White House. There was so much drama with Clinton in the past that I think people are already tired of the whole Clinton thing. Imagine having to hear about the Clintons for another 4-8 years. Geez that almost seems scary to me.

Anyways, short question. What do you think?

melon 07-19-2006 08:26 PM

I'd like an example of her "bitchy attitude," actually. I can only think that someone would say this because she's a successful woman. A man with the same attitude would be applauded and labelled a "maverick."

Bill Clinton left office with a 60%+ approval rating, so I'd say that people aren't as tired of them as, say, Bush whose approval rating is steady in the low-to-mid 30s.

Melon

deep 07-19-2006 08:27 PM

who wanted Gov Bush from Tx in 1998?

BVS 07-19-2006 08:28 PM

Re: So, who wants Hillary Clinton for president?
 
Quote:

Originally posted by shart1780
Am I the only person who thinks the American people won't want her as president?

All politics aside. First of all she's widely known as having a rather (excuse my French) bitchy attitude.

Have you ever seen her be a bitch?

I think this is how strong willed and powerful women are still portrayed these days. For this reason alone, she isn't electable. I say it will probably be at least 3 elections until we see a woman president. America is still steeped in sexism.

nathan1977 07-19-2006 08:49 PM

I'm still hoping for a Clinton/Obama v. McCain/Condi '08 race.

As far as Mrs. Clinton's temperament, the excellent book The Survivor covers Clinton's WH years, and while Mrs. Clinton comes off just as ambitious and driven as her husband (and much more ideological, at least in the early days -- time seems to have matured her, politically speaking), it's Bill's rage that gets more attention -- something that I'm surprised was overshadowed by his wife's presumed "bitchyness."

BVS 07-19-2006 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by nathan1977
I'm still hoping for a Clinton/Obama v. McCain/Condi '08 race.


This would be interesting, but won't happen, at least not in 08.

African Americans?

Women?

No we've taken too many steps backwardss socially in the Bush years...

maycocksean 07-19-2006 09:18 PM

I don't think she's electable and I'm always amazed that so many Democrats see her as the Great Hope of the Democratic party.

The reasons she's not electable say more about our electorate than they do her though.

I disagree though. I think we could see a woman or African American candidate but I think they'd have to come through the Republican party.

JMScoopy 07-19-2006 09:29 PM

NO! :no: :no: :no:

BVS 07-19-2006 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by maycocksean

I disagree though. I think we could see a woman or African American candidate but I think they'd have to come through the Republican party.

Wow:ohmy:

I'm complete opposite.

You really think a party that supports pharmacists objecting to birthcontrol, you still have many holding elected position that think the feminist movement brought down society, and I won't even go into race would vote in a woman or African American?

nbcrusader 07-19-2006 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
This would be interesting, but won't happen, at least not in 08.

African Americans?

Women?

No we've taken too many steps backwardss socially in the Bush years...

It never ceases to amaze me how just about any issue can get tied to the GWB administration.

The latest polls show Hillary second behind Edwards as a Democratic candidate - and Condi fare very well with Republicans.

deep 07-19-2006 09:38 PM

i hope they put condi at the top of the ticket

BVS 07-19-2006 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by nbcrusader


It never ceases to amaze me how just about any issue can get tied to the GWB administration.

It never ceases to amaze me the steps we've taken backwards in the past 6 years.


Quote:

Originally posted by nbcrusader

The latest polls show Hillary second behind Edwards as a Democratic candidate - and Condi fare very well with Republicans.

We both know the last two elections came down to middle America, I wonder how they would poll?

melon 07-19-2006 09:56 PM

The first female or minority president will be a Republican. This president will then work extra hard to prove that he/she too can be a stubborn white male that gets nothing done, blatantly lies to the American public, and can start an endless, undefinable war.

Melon

anitram 07-19-2006 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by deep
i hope they put condi at the top of the ticket
:up:

shart1780 07-19-2006 10:04 PM

Good Lord :rolleyes:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com