U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Lemonade Stand Archive (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/)
-   -   The 2006 3 mobile Ashes Series Australia vs. England (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/the-2006-3-mobile-ashes-series-australia-vs-england-160384.html)

zepher25 06-02-2006 06:22 AM

The 2006 3 mobile Ashes Series Australia vs. England

so, the ashes are a mere 5 months away, tickets went on sale yesterday casuing massive tickemaster/ticketek system failures (even worse then when u2 went on sale!), i just saw some poor englishman paid 110,000 pounds for 2 MCG tickets....Sucker, i paid $19 austalian for 1 general admission ticket on day 3. so lets discuss the ashes, your predictions for winner, man of the series, most centruries ect.

personally im thinking Australia will win..coz im not bias at all, Ricky Ponting or Shane Warne will probably win man of the series, although i want Gilly to!, but i predict ponting to get the most centuries, so lets get the cross world rivalry going!

Angela Harlem 06-02-2006 06:36 AM

110,000 POUNDS?????

Fuck me.

:ohmy:

zepher25 06-02-2006 07:04 AM

my assumption is that its a dummy bid

DignityPassesBy 06-03-2006 09:29 AM

yea australia will win for sure. Hussey fpr man of the series and probably most centurys aswell.

p.s. Angela go and join my eskimo joe thread in JTBATC

yertle-the-turtle 06-03-2006 11:55 PM

I'm tipping Australia to win as well.

The last series converted me to cricket and I'm really looking forward to this one.

zepher25 06-04-2006 01:32 AM

im laughing at all them english people paying hundreds and even thousands for tickets when i got boxing day test day 3 tickets for $25A each

Angela Harlem 06-04-2006 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by DignityPassesBy
yea australia will win for sure. Hussey fpr man of the series and probably most centurys aswell.

p.s. Angela go and join my eskimo joe thread in JTBATC

:drool:

ok!

yertle-the-turtle 06-05-2006 10:29 AM

If England play like they're playing against the Lankans now they can expect heavy defeats by the time the Ashes roll around.

TheQuiet1 06-05-2006 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by yertle-the-turtle
If England play like they're playing against the Lankans now they can expect heavy defeats by the time the Ashes roll around.
Exactly :(

zepher25 06-06-2006 09:47 PM

and those $2000 plane tickets will be such a waste, say does anyone else have tickets or plan to get them on the 19th?

the rockin edge 06-07-2006 01:26 AM

Quote:

true...but to be fair, England have many injured players at the moment.

zepher25 06-07-2006 04:31 AM

i wonder who will be the Aussie crowds abused guy, last summer it was Andrea Nel, im thinking Flintoff

yertle-the-turtle 07-06-2006 05:58 AM

Well giving this a bump with some team news.

First it was Simon Jones, now it's Michael Vaughan, who was confirmed today as being definitely out of England's line-up.

My predicted line-up for England:

1. Trescothick
2. Cook
3. Strauss
4. Pietersen
5. Flintoff (c)
6. Jones
7. Dalrymple
8. Hoggard
9. Harmison
10. Mahmood/Plunkett/ Anderson
11. Panesar

I think England must be praying Jimmy Anderson and (at a long shot, because it doesn't look bloody likely) Giles return fit and in time for the series because if they're stuck to playing the likes of Mahmood then batsmen like Hussey and Ponting are going to be enjoying themselves. Dalrymple was the only one to come out of the one day series against the Lankans looking anywhere decent so the Pakistan series is going to be interesting to see if he can make it in Tests. It's actually still a pretty decent, competitive line-up.

That said even with all the injuries you wonder why the county system, purportedly the best first-class league in the world, isn't producing more world-class players. Kabir Ali, anyone?

AchtungBono 07-06-2006 10:33 AM

I know nothing about cricket........but I'm very happy to cheer the Aussies on!

GO AUSSIES!!!

:rockon: :rockon:

the rockin edge 07-06-2006 11:39 AM

Quote:

First it was Simon Jones, now it's Michael Vaughan, who was confirmed today as being definitely out of England's line-up.

:(

i haven't been following the cricket becauase of the world cup, who is this Dalrymple?