U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Lemonade Stand Archive (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/)
-   -   5 you despise (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/5-you-despise-160127.html)

vaz02 05-29-2006 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aygo
3) most of the post 00's bands: The Libertines, Arctic Monkeys (nobody knows how I hate them...), The killers, Snow Patrol, Keane, Interpol, Kaiser Chiefs... in fact, I think that the new bands aren't bringing anything new (Coldplay included with it's souless and meaningless songs) to the music history. It's just about take what's been made in the previous decades, mix it well, and add the 00's production.
so very true.

Mogi 05-29-2006 09:22 PM

I agree 100% on the Killers. They absolutely blow.
Liked the RHCP when they first came out, but they have been pretty much singing the same song for over a decade.
James Blunt induces violent vomiting for myself.
Dave Matthews-I run for the hills and cover.
But for the love of god, Nickelback takes the cake. They make Bon Jovi sound like the Velvet Underground. They really scare me and should be outlawed.

gareth brown 05-30-2006 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by 1stepcloser
Forward,Russia are just fucking appalling. I don't think i've ever seen the NME give a bad word to this band.
Haha, but it's important to note that the NME rarely bad-mouth a popular new band. They like to be seen to be leading the way in what's hot so will hype up any band that gets the thumbs-up from people in an attempt to look like they're the ones who started it all.

Example, The Arctic Monkeys...the amount of paper the NME waste on this band is a disgrace and the fact they put their debut album in the top fucking TEN of Greatest ever Bristish Albums before it was even released saying it had 'Balls' is a load of crap and anyone seen to disagree is just brushed off as if they don't "get" what's so good about them.

1stepcloser 05-30-2006 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by gareth brown

Haha, but it's important to note that the NME rarely bad-mouth a popular new band. They like to be seen to be leading the way in what's hot so will hype up any band that gets the thumbs-up from people in an attempt to look like they're the ones who started it all.

Example, The Arctic Monkeys...the amount of paper the NME waste on this band is a disgrace and the fact they put their debut album in the top fucking TEN of Greatest ever Bristish Albums before it was even released saying it had 'Balls' is a load of crap and anyone seen to disagree is just brushed off as if they don't "get" what's so good about them.

One of my mates actually wrote a letter into NME and got it published. He spoke about how he thought Arctic Monkeys were shit and overrated and all of that and the editor just wrote something back about how my mate knew nothing and how Arctic Monkeys are the most important band for years.

The funny thing about Forward, Russia is that they aren't even popular and they never will be. You can mark my words on that. They haven't got one catchy song. You won't catch them on Top Of The Pops.

However i do actually like indie music, i go to indie clubs most weeks. I like hearing short snappy 3 minute indie songs. I don't think there is anything wrong with them at all. Obviously the NME give more hype than is necessary to a lot of bands but i'd hate it if all my favourite bands tried to write their own Paranoid Androids for each song on each album. As long as bands make good music i couldn't care less about 'pushing musical boundries'.

babyman 05-30-2006 12:23 PM

Jennifer Lopez
Christina Aguilera
Britney Spears
Hilary Duff
Ricky Martin

And similar

GibsonGirl 05-30-2006 05:04 PM

Turn on MTV. Make note of the first five artists that appear.

There you go.

BVS 05-30-2006 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by GibsonGirl

There you go.

I don't want to have to wait 5 hours until they show music...

GibsonGirl 05-30-2006 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

I don't want to have to wait 5 hours until they show music...

Well played! :up: Does MTV even play music anymore?

IWasBored 05-30-2006 07:34 PM

i can think of way more than 5, so here's 5 that begin with the letter "c".

creed
coil
coheed & cambria
courtney love
celine dion

(yes, those last two count)

BVS 05-30-2006 07:44 PM

Quote:

Does MTV even play music anymore?

I think they might from the hours of 4 am to 7 am...

Mogi 05-30-2006 07:49 PM

On a positive note, I do think there are some young bands out there making some great music like Sigur Ros and The Arcade Fire.

Zoots 05-30-2006 08:25 PM

Quote:

There you go.

:up:

Although if Green Day show up, they don't count. Cos I liked their last album.

cjboog 05-30-2006 08:25 PM

5.) Fall Out Boy
4.) Panic at the Disco
3.) Any Rap
2.) James Blunt

1.) GREEN DAY

vaz02 05-30-2006 09:34 PM

in europe well for me anyway MTV1 doesnt show music , its full of punk'd and other fads.

babyman 05-31-2006 12:35 PM

Quote:

There you go.

What is MTV? Something you eat?

Rock-Tv rules!!

:yes: