U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f288/)
-   -   The majestic POP album (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f288/the-majestic-pop-album-159669.html)

jacobus 05-17-2006 04:45 AM

The majestic POP album

its 11.44a.m. in central europe and i'm at work at the moment.
sitting in front of my screen and listening to the majestic POP album. what a fuckin brilliant album. POP is full of rock and full of soul and full of adorable great lyrics. i'm blown away... its U2s last great record.

:rockon: :bow: :applaud:

An Cat Gav 05-17-2006 05:29 AM

It's 11.26 in London, I'm at work, and I wish I was listening to the fucking excellent POP album!!
It is truly majestic and in my opinion they acheived everything they set out to. The whole mood, atmosphere, groove of the album is spot on. So mamy layers! Peeling off the flashy, illuminous surface you uncover the darkest of all U2 albums, it blows me away everytime!
In my opinion the real masterstroke was Wake Up Dead Man!! What a way to end an album!!!!

shaun vox 05-17-2006 07:06 AM

Totally agree U2 LAST GREATEST ALBUM ever!!!

and we will never see an epic album by U2 again because they are scared now like little girls!!!

i might get killed for saying this but i think u2 sucks now!!!
:sad:

benito 05-17-2006 07:53 AM

Mother sucking rock and roll at its finest :wink:

U2Scot 05-17-2006 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by shaun vox

and we will never see an epic album by U2 again because they are scared now like little girls!!!

i might get killed for saying this but i think u2 sucks now!!!
:sad:

They far from suck, but they're far from being the creative risk-taking force that would put out diverse and interesting albums from one moment to the next without sacrificing their soul to clearchannel and integrity for airplay and grammy awards.

I put Pop up there with UF, flawed but great. Next step down from JT and AB, but far in front of u2-by-the-numbers of HTDAAB

KUEFC09U2 05-17-2006 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by U2Scot

They far from suck, but they're far from being the creative risk-taking force that would put out diverse and interesting albums from one moment to the next without sacrificing their soul to clearchannel and integrity for airplay and grammy awards.

I put Pop up there with UF, flawed but great. Next step down from JT and AB, but far in front of u2-by-the-numbers of HTDAAB

:yawn: yet another pop love fest, along with the old "U2 arent as good as they were" people trying to tell me i HAVE to think that certain albums are more creative than others,

pop is a great album, but creative? all the band done was follow the electro rock of the 90's,

Pero 05-17-2006 10:21 AM

17:20 cet
In my room, listening to some croatian bullshit, being grateful for that album

DarkAcrobat 05-17-2006 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by shaun vox

YES !!...., If you are talking about HTDAAB, of course !!

craigp 05-17-2006 11:00 AM

:eyebrow: if i had one zoo dollar for every thread iv seen about pop! lol gotta agree though, great record

WalkOn21 05-17-2006 11:21 AM

Woohoo, a threadful of people who prefer POP over HTDAAB. Strange, it feels like I just came home. :wink:

*starts humming; If you wear....

coemgen 05-17-2006 11:22 AM

It is a very underrated album. It could be my second favorite, behind Achtung Baby.

TripThroughWire 05-17-2006 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by KUEFC09U2
all the band done was follow the electro rock of the 90's,
Honestly i don't understand these kind of comment when i think about If God will send his angel, Staring at the Sun, If you wear that velvet dress or Wake up Dead Man ... which form 1/4 of the album.
Maybe you should explain me what's electro rock of the 90's, but personnaly I find in POP as many quite songs as trully rocking songs (or even electro songs).

(And I love it :rockon: :angel: )

AtomicBono 05-17-2006 11:40 AM

It's 11:39 AM in the heartland of America and I'm at school and not listening to Pop.

But it is probably the greatest album ever.

roy 05-17-2006 12:47 PM

It's a very good album no doubt. Their last great record, what a ridiculous suggestion.

Certainly the last album to be completely disowned by U2 though...

bonsai 05-17-2006 04:18 PM

HTDAAB is a great album, but I would put Pop above JT.

More sexual (well it bloody turns me on), experimental, personal. I think the band were going through some personal problems at the time, especially after the long Zoo tv tour. I think it's very raw and personal.