U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Lemonade Stand Archive (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/)
-   -   girls, I's got a question for you (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/girls-is-got-a-question-for-you-156509.html)

Malone 03-18-2006 11:51 AM

girls, I's got a question for you

let's say - hypothetical situation - that some guy had two tickets to go see a "music show"
let's carry this hypothetical situation further and suppose the guy calls a hypothetical girl and say's something to the effect of, "hey, I'm going to go see so and so next week and I have an extra ticket. would you like to go?"

is that basically asking a girl out? will she take it as such? because, she must be thinking, "well, either this guy has no friends or he purposely bought a ticket so he could ask me"
what do you think of that whole hypothetical scenario?

like...what's the deal with that?

mm?

JCOSTER 03-18-2006 11:56 AM

I would ask are u asking me on a date, or is this a friendly date?

MrBrau1 03-18-2006 12:09 PM

The "I have an extra ticket" thingy kinda clouds things.

Where'sTheLove 03-18-2006 12:15 PM

if it is just going to a show, then that's just hanging out. now if you end up picking her up and taking her out for dinner first, then yes, that would be a date.

also, if you bought the ticket because it's one of her favorite bands, then your busted .. you like her! :heart:

VintagePunk 03-18-2006 12:46 PM

Too ambiguous. It could be a date, or it could be that he really just has an extra ticket and thought you might enjoy seeing the performance. You'd have to ask to find out, or just go and see what happens. Either way, the answer should be clear by the end of the night.

redkat 03-18-2006 12:50 PM

Depends on the relationship you already have with her. If you're friends that share the same interest in music it wouldn't seem as much like a date.

If it's more out of the blue then it would sound like you're asking her out.

Most people buy more than one ticket to a concert assuming they'll find someone to go with. So I wouldn't think too much of him having a spare.

susanp6 03-18-2006 01:38 PM

This is interesting to me 'cos i was friends with this really nice guy a while back&he said he had bought 2 tickets for Tori Amos and he knew i really liked her, so he happen to mention it but he did say he did originally planned on taking his brother for his birthday but he said you can go if you really want to but i never did go and just never mentioned it again! :sigh: Everything was still cool between us afterwards tho' but it seems strange that someone would say that if it was meant for their brother?! :shrug: :confused:

TheQuiet1 03-18-2006 01:44 PM

Malone if that happened to me I'd be out buying the engagement ring before you'd even put the phone down.

Seriously though, redKat's right. It all depends on the relationship you already have with the other person.

Susan that does seem really, really weird. :huh:

susanp6 03-18-2006 01:54 PM

Hi Quiet1 :wave: haven't seen you in a little while (pardon the pun! :lol: )

But you are right, it is weird but it really baffles me&makes me wonder did he fancy me or did he just think - well, she's really into Tori or whattever? I was never really sure how he thought of me but he must have liked me to offer the Tori ticket but i think it was just that i thought i can't take what's meant for some guy's birthday :huh: even tho' i hadn't seen her before, but i did get to see her finally last year! :love: :D

TripThruUreWires 03-18-2006 10:56 PM

let me predict the title of your next thread:

"hermaphrodites, I's got a question for you"

:sexywink: :sexywink:

clifedge 03-19-2006 12:34 AM

I'm a guy and I've known other guys who have said that because they wanted to ask the girl out. Believe me, he doesn't just have an extra ticket. There's more to it than that.

WildHoneyAlways 03-19-2006 12:35 AM

so malone, are you an alter or what? :hmm:

Carek1230 03-19-2006 01:15 AM

:hmm:

Canadiens1131 03-19-2006 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by clifedge
I'm a guy and I've known other guys who have said that because they wanted to ask the girl out. Believe me, he doesn't just have an extra ticket. There's more to it than that.
Quite right. Guys and platonic intentions go together like chocolate and urine.

Techie2000 03-19-2006 01:59 AM

I was in a similar situation once with some U2 tickets. I didn't really consider it "asking her out" in the dating sense. I don't think she did either. Though all my friends and my Mom did...:shrug: