U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Lemonade Stand Archive (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/)
-   -   As a Red Sox fan I am prepared for (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/as-a-red-sox-fan-i-am-prepared-for-141338.html)

UberBeaver 09-29-2005 09:02 AM

As a Red Sox fan I am prepared for
 
the let down that I have grown accustomed to. I will place no hopes that the Boys from Beantown will win the World Series, nor even make it to the post season. It is in this manner that I shall go on, day to day, until the season is officially over. I will not petition the Lord for intervention, I will not sacrifice any living creatures. I will accept the hand I, and the SAWX, are dealt. Amen.

PS - This better friggin work. You hear me God? This humility thing, I'm trying it out, and it better friggin work....and thanks for last year, that was nice of you.

Headache in a Suitcase 09-29-2005 09:24 AM

you'd think they would've stoped being so whiney after finally winning the world series...

:wink:

UberBeaver 09-29-2005 09:31 AM

We will whine until we've got a dynasty on our hands. And even that won't stop us!:evil:

Headache in a Suitcase 09-29-2005 09:33 AM

there is no end... :tsk:

for shame

randhail 09-29-2005 09:36 AM

As a Sox fan, I am probably guilty of whining, but I don't like to do it such a public manner.

U2@NYC 09-29-2005 09:50 AM

This is embarassing... stop whining.

:down:

UberBeaver 09-29-2005 09:51 AM

;)

YBORCITY 09-29-2005 09:57 AM

:madspit:





:rant: :lmao:

Hewson 09-29-2005 12:05 PM

As a Sox fan, I look upon this as a season of turmoil and injury, and with 4 games to go, we're 1 game out of the division and tied for the wildcard, not a bad position to be in, beats being a Royals fan.
Methinks the Indians may be falling apart, so I think the Sox will take the wildcard, which may be the best option at hand cause we'd get the White Sox in round 1 while the Yanks and Angies would square off.

UberBeaver 09-29-2005 12:58 PM

and at the very least, we get a hell of an end to the regular season. This is a perfect example of how baseball can be exciting, or maybe dramatic is the better word.

pub crawler 09-29-2005 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Hewson
As a Sox fan, I look upon this as a season of turmoil and injury...
:sad: Cry me a fuckin' river. :sad:

Let's talk about the Angel team your blosox faced last year in the first round:

J. Guillen: the teams fiercest competitor and most productive player other than Vlad kicked off the team a week prior to the playoffs.

GA: Arthritic back, missed most of the first half, hasn't been the same player since.

Tim Salmon: Screws up his knee and shoulder at the beginning of the season, putting him on the dl for what is anticipated to be 2 years.

Adam Kennedy: Gold glove-caliber second baseman tears his ACL two weeks before the end of the season.

Troy Glaus: off to his best start ever at season's beginning, tears up his shoulder, misses a few months, comes back and is relegated to DH.

David Eckstein: Injured early in the season, misses several weeks.

Erstad: blew his hamstring, missed a few weeks.

Your red sox faced a weak-ass Angel team in the playoffs. For god sake's, Alfredo f'ing Amezeca filled in at 3b during that series.

Please don't use injuries as an excuse. It's unbecoming of you. :angry:

randhail 09-29-2005 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by pub crawler

:sad: Cry me a fuckin' river. :sad:

Let's talk about the Angel team your blosox faced last year in the first round:

J. Guillen: the teams fiercest competitor and most productive player other than Vlad kicked off the team a week prior to the playoffs.

GA: Arthritic back, missed most of the first half, hasn't been the same player since.

Tim Salmon: Screws up his knee and shoulder at the beginning of the season, putting him on the dl for what is anticipated to be 2 years.

Adam Kennedy: Gold glove-caliber second baseman tears his ACL two weeks before the end of the season.

Troy Glaus: off to his best start ever at season's beginning, tears up his shoulder, misses a few months, comes back and is relegated to DH.

David Eckstein: Injured early in the season, misses several weeks.

Erstad: blew his hamstring, missed a few weeks.

Your red sox faced a weak-ass Angel team in the playoffs. For god sake's, Alfredo f'ing Amezeca filled in at 3b during that series.

Please don't use injuries as an excuse. It's unbecoming of you. :angry:


You still had Vlad and as EPSN wouldn't shut up about...the best bullpen in baseball. Every team has injuries, the Sox didn't have Trot Nixon and Nomar (until he got traded) for good chunks of the season. The Angels were going to get blown out of the water in that series regardless. :ohmy:

speedracer 09-29-2005 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by randhail



You still had Vlad and as EPSN wouldn't shut up about...the best bullpen in baseball. Every team has injuries, the Sox didn't have Trot Nixon and Nomar (until he got traded) for good chunks of the season. The Angels were going to get blown out of the water in that series regardless. :ohmy:

9-3, 8-3, 8-6.

Headache in a Suitcase 09-29-2005 02:02 PM

i thought the only good thing about the red sox winning the world series was not having to listen to red sox fans bitch and moan anymore.

alas, i was mistaken.

:D

speedracer 09-29-2005 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
i thought the only good thing about the red sox winning the world series was not having to listen to red sox fans bitch and moan anymore.

alas, i was mistaken.

:D

Oh, come on. Haven't you been reading Bill Simmons this year?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com