U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Free Your Mind Archive (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f290/)
-   -   California Legislature OKs Gay Marriage Bill (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f290/california-legislature-oks-gay-marriage-bill-138784.html)

pax 09-07-2005 07:00 AM

California Legislature OKs Gay Marriage Bill

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9234556/

Can't believe no one has posted this yet! :D

Granted, Schwarzenegger is under a lot of pressure to veto, but in CA, a veto of such a bill might well be politically disastrous. Let's hope he does the right thing.

sulawesigirl4 09-07-2005 07:07 AM

I was actually going to post this last Friday. One piece of good news in a world of bad. Here's hoping that Arnie does the right thing.

LarryMullen's POPAngel 09-07-2005 07:08 AM

Here's hoping he does. :up:

The joy on the two women's faces pictured in the article is the exact reason why every state should approve this bill. "Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness", right?

Se7en 09-07-2005 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel

The joy on the two women's faces pictured in the article is the exact reason why every state should approve this bill. "Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness", right?

well "all men are created equal" too. we learned that only meant white, male property owners though.

hiphop 09-07-2005 07:12 AM

This is the work of the devil and Arnie will stop him.

DrTeeth 09-07-2005 07:16 AM

:hyper:

BVS 09-07-2005 07:18 AM

Another state on it's way to losing their morals.:wink:

Irvine511 09-07-2005 07:23 AM

if marriage can mean anything, then it means nothing.

will someone please think of the children before we start seeing man-on-dog sex in the streets?

MCF74 09-07-2005 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Irvine511
if marriage can mean anything, then it means nothing.

will someone please think of the children before we start seeing man-on-dog sex in the streets?

LOL Irvine! :lol: Very nice.

Seriously, though, it is good news for us here and a good start, I think. However, I'm sure it will only be a matter of time before the fundies start screaming, pulling their hair out, and protesting this one with hateful signs that show everyone what wonderful Christians they are.

U2democrat 09-07-2005 07:53 AM

:applaud:

MrsSpringsteen 09-07-2005 07:55 AM

I thought Arnold supported gay marriage, I'm just stupid and wrong about that I guess :der:

Irvine511 09-07-2005 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
I thought Arnold supported gay marriage, I'm just stupid and wrong about that I guess :der:

hey, if gays getting married means more p:censored:y for him ...

on a personal level he supports at the very least civil unions, though he will probably have to tow the Republican Party line, since this is a central part of their national platform.

expect Giuliani to have to do the same thing when he runs for president in 2008, despite the fact that after his divorce he moved in with two gay guys and a shiz tsu.

FizzingWhizzbees 09-07-2005 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Irvine511
despite the fact that after his divorce he moved in with two gay guys and a shiz tsu.
this sentence is too good to ignore.

and :up: to any state which is sensible enough to recognise the right of gay people to marry.

sharky 09-07-2005 08:57 AM

Irvine -- Rudy had his faults but also his good side. Besides, even Republican mayors of NYC are usually more liberal than Democratic mayors in other cities. That's the only way they can get elected in the Big Apple.

I've been a wife for two months now and love it! I like being introduced as "my wife" or introducing Aaron to someone as "my husband". I love going to bars with my wedding ring on. "Sorry, as you can see from my hand, I may be on a girl's night out, but this ring means I'm going home to someone who loves me."

There is an amazing joy that comes with being married and that shouldn't be taken away from people just because they aren't a traditional man and wife. Liz Taylor makes a mockery of marriage every time she gets married to someone else. Britney Spears and Nicky Hilton made mockeries of the institution after their quickie Vegas marriages and quickie divorces, but I don't see anyone making a law that they can't get married again. Heck, Brit got married to some random guy less than a year after the Vegas debacle.

Irvine511 09-07-2005 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by sharky
Irvine -- Rudy had his faults but also his good side. Besides, even Republican mayors of NYC are usually more liberal than Democratic mayors in other cities. That's the only way they can get elected in the Big Apple.

i criticize Rudy with respect.

heck, i'd probably consider voting for Rudy, despite how he'll have to say things he doesn't believe in order to capture the center and the right of the Republican Party.

i do fault him, to a degree, but such is the price of being a Republican in 2005. i wonder if pictures of Rudy attending the NYC Gay Pride Parades will be used by the Rove machine to demolish him in the South Carolina primaries?