U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Free Your Mind Archive (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f290/)
-   -   Coming to a theater near you....Sex Sex Sex Sex...and....More sex! (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f290/coming-to-a-theater-near-you-sex-sex-sex-sex-and-more-sex-137411.html)

Dreadsox 08-21-2005 01:46 PM

Coming to a theater near you....Sex Sex Sex Sex...and....More sex!

OK....

Now that I have your attention I am curious.....

If an actor and an actress were to really have sexual intercourse rather than simulate it, would that change your opinion of the movie? Should the taboo of actors and actresses simulating sex be ended? Should a movies rating be changed if we find out that they were really having sex?

U2ITNOL 08-21-2005 01:52 PM

Re: Coming to a theater near you....Sex Sex Sex Sex...and....More sex!

Quote:

Originally posted by Dreadsox
Should a movies rating be changed if we find out that they were really having sex?
umm, isn't that what the X-rating is for?

martha 08-21-2005 01:55 PM

It's all in the context of the movie. Bo Derek had real sex with a guy in a movie that I watched on cable a long time ago. It was icky because she's such a slutty drug addict.

If the sex reflected a story about love and respect it would be better than sex in story that's about abuse and meanness. Sex in the context of abuse and meannesss is about the only sex in movies anyway. :angry:

Dreadsox 08-21-2005 01:57 PM

Re: Re: Coming to a theater near you....Sex Sex Sex Sex...and....More sex!

Quote:

Originally posted by U2ITNOL

umm, isn't that what the X-rating is for?

I do not believe the rating has anything to do with sex....but the editing of the shots... and time on screen.....

anitram 08-21-2005 02:09 PM

I don't care either way to be honest.

BVS 08-21-2005 02:30 PM

Context is key...

Maggie1 08-21-2005 03:05 PM

I think they are really having sex in the movies and we just don't know it.

BonosSaint 08-21-2005 03:33 PM

Is there much difference? The orgasms would still be faked.:wink:

Dreadsox 08-21-2005 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BonosSaint
Is there much difference? The orgasms would still be faked.:wink:
:eyebrow:

Why would that be so?

BonosSaint 08-21-2005 03:49 PM

It'd be interesting to see the "fluffer" credits.

BonosSaint 08-21-2005 04:11 PM

As an adult viewer, I don't think it matters. But I could see a possibility of actors/actresses being pushed into sex they may not want under the excuse of realism. Might be heading into dangerous ground there.

corianderstem 08-21-2005 05:16 PM

I don't think actors would be pushed into sex. A "no-sex" clause would become the new "no-nudity" clause in contracts.

BonosSaint 08-21-2005 06:26 PM

That would work for the established actors/actresses. They're not the ones I was thinking of.

Dreadsox 08-21-2005 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BonosSaint
That would work for the established actors/actresses. They're not the ones I was thinking of.
That is who I am referring to... This is a real question about movies, since there is currently a movie out there, that did not simulate sex, but, the actor and actress had sex.

corianderstem 08-21-2005 06:32 PM

Ah, gotcha. In any case, I don't see this happening.

Maybe in some small indie films; The Brown Bunny comes to mind, with Chloe S's blow job ... ick. But oral sex on screen is quite a bit different from intercourse, in my mind. I just don't think it would happen.

Quote:

the actor and actress had sex
What movie?

Maybe I'm naive, but I just can't imagine an actor/actress being forced to have sex on screen in this day and age. Or even pressured. I know a lot of people are desperate for acting work, but jeez.

Then again, I'm sure there are still plenty of actors/actresses who sleep with people behind the scenes to get roles, and they might not care about having sex with someone on film.

:shrug: