U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Lemonade Stand Archive (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/)
-   -   New Zealand Ice Hockey Competition Heats Up! (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/new-zealand-ice-hockey-competition-heats-up-136462.html)

timothius 08-10-2005 10:13 PM

New Zealand Ice Hockey Competition Heats Up!

Thats right Ice Hokey pundits!

A tri series was on offer at Avondale, Auckland this past weekend and suprised some amazing results.

For those who missed it:

West Auckland Admirals 3 South Auckland Swarm 3
South Auckland Swarm 1 Southern Stampede 4
West Auckland Admirals 2 Southern Stampede 2

Wow! Who would have thought that my boys the Swarm could go toe to toe with the boys from Papaetoetoe.

PicLink! - http://www.nzicehockey.co.nz/NatLeag..._05/index.html

Can't wait until next round. :hyper:

Axver 08-10-2005 10:17 PM

Auckland tri-series :madspit:

Where's the Wellington teams, huh? We'll take you Aucklanders apart. You're all too used to your warmth, you don't know what it's like to live in icy conditions.

timothius 08-10-2005 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Axver
Auckland tri-series :madspit:

Where's the Wellington teams, huh? We'll take you Aucklanders apart. You're all too used to your warmth, you don't know what it's like to live in icy conditions.

I didn't know Wellington got that cold :hmm:

I guess it makes sense though, I've always wondered where the phrase "When Hell Freezes Over" came from. :yes:

Axver 08-10-2005 10:24 PM

Wellingtonians are hardy people raised in southerly gales that scream up from the Antarctic and come in off the Cook Strait. Meanwhile, you Aucklanders recline in your warm climate and let your brains melt much in the style of the Queenslanders here.

:wink:

timothius 08-10-2005 10:28 PM

It's funny how we are saying Auckland is "hot" and "warm" but 90% of people on here would not have experienced weather quite like it. The constant wind, rain, mist, sleet etc. :love:

Axver 08-10-2005 10:31 PM

North of Wellington = warm. I lived on the Kapiti Coast, the inner Wellingtonians came up on the weekend to soak in the warmth on the beach.

Then again, if we want real cold, let me suggest one place: central Otago in winter. The very same place I'd suggest for real heat in summer.

timothius 08-10-2005 10:36 PM

Milford Sound in December '03... I don't recall being too much colder ever in my life & it was summer. :ohmy:

Axver 08-10-2005 10:38 PM

Considering how chilly the South Island is, one has to wonder why ice hockey hasn't taken off more!

timothius 08-10-2005 10:40 PM

Quote:

Considering how chilly the South Island is, one has to wonder why ice hockey hasn't taken off more!
Because when the weather is cold down there, they are too busy trying to locate and snuggle with the closest member of the same gender. :yes:

the rockin edge 08-10-2005 10:42 PM

you nz'ers are taking over "put em under pressure" :wink:

Axver 08-10-2005 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by the rockin edge
We are. How do you feel towards orienteering? :wink:

Axver 08-10-2005 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by timothius

Because when the weather is cold down there, they are too busy trying to locate and snuggle with the closest member of the same gender. :yes:

Or sheep. :wink:

timothius 08-10-2005 10:45 PM

Quote:

We are. How do you feel towards orienteering? :wink:

:drool:

Do it.

KhanadaRhodes 08-10-2005 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by the rockin edge
i was thinking the same thing :yikes:

yeah yeah i read peup, i do mod this place after all, strangely enough :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

the rockin edge 08-10-2005 10:48 PM

i feel the need to bump another thread up in here:wink: