U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Free Your Mind Archive (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f290/)
-   -   "No Hablo Espanol and NEVER WILL!" (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f290/no-hablo-espanol-and-never-will-127159.html)

MissVelvetDress_75 05-13-2005 08:31 PM

"No Hablo Espanol and NEVER WILL!"

Those are the exact words displayed on a sign outside of a bar called "Mulligan's" in my city. I drove by that bar this afternoon and on the other side of the sign it says "I.N.S. Agents eat free" and on the other side it says "No Hablo Espanol and NEVER WILL". I have nothing but pity for the ignorance of the patrons and owners of that bar. I wonder if they allow a hispanic INS agent to eat free. :hmm: If I was an INS agent, I would be such a smart ass and walk into that bar and challenge that sign.

ILuvLarryMullen 05-13-2005 08:41 PM

a derrr....... I hate lernin' ......a her a her :happy:!

ILuvLarryMullen 05-13-2005 08:42 PM

also he obviously habla some español if he know what hablo means. :wink:

MissVelvetDress_75 05-13-2005 08:44 PM

:laugh: I know and I am tempted to walk in and tell them that, but I want to live to see the next day. :wink:

ILuvLarryMullen 05-13-2005 08:47 PM

you should steal the sign :evil:.

MissVelvetDress_75 05-13-2005 08:48 PM

:hmm:

ILuvLarryMullen 05-13-2005 08:53 PM

get a white friend to do it, cause those dumb hicks would probably pay too much attention to you. too bad i don't live in atlanta because I know some expert sign stealers :wink:

Niamh_Saoirse 05-13-2005 10:26 PM

Well, although i totally agree with you and the owner is a big eejit, I have to say that we need more people like him so I can keep earning a living!

:wink:

:lol:

Calvin N. Hobbes 05-13-2005 11:43 PM

son pendejos :mad:

BrownEyedBoy 05-14-2005 07:58 AM

haha, I loved a sign I read once out of some sort of a convenience store that read: "NO BIKE PARK HERE." :lmao:

Niamh_Saoirse 05-14-2005 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Calvin N. Hobbes
son pendejos :mad:
Eso es lo mínimo que se les puede decir :wink:

BrownEyedBoy 05-14-2005 09:48 AM

Aqui en Honduras les decimos olimpistas... :wink:

Viva el Real España carajo!

cardosino 05-14-2005 11:41 AM

Re: "No Hablo Espanol and NEVER WILL!"

Quote:

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75
Those are the exact words displayed on a sign outside of a bar called "Mulligan's" in my city. I drove by that bar this afternoon and on the other side of the sign it says "I.N.S. Agents eat free" and on the other side it says "No Hablo Espanol and NEVER WILL". I have nothing but pity for the ignorance of the patrons and owners of that bar. I wonder if they allow a hispanic INS agent to eat free.
Why would the ethnicity of the INS agent matter ? What the bar owner is saying is that HE/SHE will not habla espanol.

NYRangers78 05-14-2005 12:41 PM

its america....people should be learning and speaking in english anyway....got a metrocard the other day for the bus in nyc and it was all in spanish and nothing in english. thats a disgrace. nothing against anyone or immigrants or anything as long as they come here and learn the language and contribute positively to the country. and why are the people of that bar ignorant? because they are for the preservation of the english language and for the protection of america from illegal immigrants??? i hightly doubt theyre racist against spanish people in general. i know plenty of spanish people and work with a bunch who find it disrespectful that their own people speak spanish to them in front of me and a bunch of other workers who dont speak spanish.

WinnieThePoo 05-14-2005 01:25 PM

Quote:

its america....people should be learning and speaking in english anyway
agreed ,