U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   General Tour Discussions (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f280/)
-   -   Who will support U2 at Twickenham? (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f280/who-will-support-u2-at-twickenham-113805.html)

achtung y'all 02-11-2005 08:40 AM

Who will support U2 at Twickenham?

I've been thinking of the possibilities of the support act at Twickenham. We know Snow Patrol and The Killers are unlikely as they have been confirmed at other venues, so who do you think it will be? Possible bands:

Razorlight
Maroon 5
Stereophonics
Keane
Scissor Sisters
Coldplay
Oasis
or someone else (please name)

Who do you think are likely for the job?

Daveone 02-11-2005 08:54 AM

I cant see Razorlight supporting U2 but stranger things have happened. I'll be suprised if Scissor Sisters don't play support sometime during the tour and their doing the festival circuit this year which makes it more likely they'll be available for the london dates.

HelloAngel 02-11-2005 09:02 AM

U2 would never hire Maroon 5 - but then again, they did bring Third Eye Blind and SmashMouth on tour during PopMart.. so who knows. It seems they're going for a "cool" factor this year with buzz bands.

achtung y'all 02-11-2005 09:08 AM

During Popmart in 97 when U2 last played a stadium in London, they had Audioweb and Longpigs as support. So a smaller band as support is possible although I'd like to think they'd have a heavyweight support act.

andyuk 02-11-2005 09:23 AM

rule out coldplay and oasis for a UK support act! they can play twickenham themselves! also rule out stereophonics again they have played millenium stadium etc in the UK so they are too big for a UK support act but might do some other europe dates. Marron 5 no chance! that leaves sissor sisters, razorlight, keane one of these 3 is most likely!

andyuk 02-11-2005 09:24 AM

maybe add franz ferdinand as a possibilty, kasabian might be another possibility

ark 02-11-2005 09:33 AM

When do you think they will announce it? First I thought we would have Snow Patrol, which really pleased me, now I find out it's not them, so I am impatient to know who - it had better be good!
What would make me happy? Stereophonics, or Keane. Scisssor Sisters OK, but not as happy as Snow Patrol would have made me!
ark

matt76 02-11-2005 09:38 AM

killers, announced today

ark 02-11-2005 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by matt76
killers, announced today
not for Twickenham!
ark

digsy 02-11-2005 10:24 AM

i'm agreeing about coldplay and oasis being too huge (pity). i reckon it will be one of these new acts thats exploded out of the scene this year.
going on the snow patrol/kilers basis i reckon it'll either be keane, maybe scissor sisters (god i hope not) or maybe someone like franz ferdinand etc. if i were to put money on it though i think i would guess razorlight. adams a fan and i've seen them live - that Johnny guy has a LOAD of evergy!!! they're really good.
anyone here know the zutons - thats a pretty good album and a not bad live act either

corner 02-11-2005 01:19 PM

Wow - some pretty quality potential support acts suggested above, most of which I'd be delighted to see!

A few more...

- Athlete
- the Frames - I know most of you haven't heard of them, or at least their music but trust me on this: they are awesome and a MASSIVE band in Ireland. Please check them out!
- The Zutons - quirky but quality band!
- Feeder
- Doves
- Bloc Party - By June, I reckon these guys will be all the rage.

andyuk 02-11-2005 01:26 PM

feeder are a no go they are touring with REM this summer

what a bomb! 02-12-2005 03:36 PM

Franz Ferdinand! please let it be them! been playing their album more then I have done with HTDAAB ! At least its more energetic!

H 02-13-2005 12:28 AM

Audioslave.

celia 02-13-2005 02:43 AM

Franz Ferdinand, Scissor Sisters or Keane! Would be amazing - and I would imagine its pretty likely to be one of these.