U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Lemonade Stand Archive (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/)
-   -   Should i fly with a european airline ? (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/should-i-fly-with-a-european-airline-108897.html)

Rono 01-09-2005 01:02 PM

Should i fly with a european airline ?

I am looking for some information about delta airlines and US airways . I am on the point to book my trip to the US but this two companies have some financial problems. Should i book a ticket on a european company ? I don`t want to be left behind on the Amsterdam airport ( schiphol )

:|

:hmm: but left behind on the airport of dallas ,.....

Zoomerang96 01-09-2005 01:25 PM

schiphol airport is my favourite airport of all time. i wet my pants just thinking about how cool it would be to able to go there again. been there four times, and the one time i actually had the time to walk around i was far too tired to check the whole place out good and proper.

again, that airport rules. :drool:

anyway, as long as you don't fly air france (or air chance, as my relatives call it), you should be ok i'd think. northwest/klm has been good to me too.

anitram 01-09-2005 01:26 PM

Delta = Don't even leave the airport. :wink:

What's wrong with KLM? I've always found them to be quite a good airline. Lufthansa has lost my luggage twice, but they're otherwise decent. British Airways had never disappointed me.

Zoomerang96 01-09-2005 01:28 PM

british airways and virgin are also two of the most respectable airlines, but probably some of the most expensive too.

singapore airlines is apparently something else, though of course i doubt they're even an option in this case.

anitram 01-09-2005 01:29 PM

I stole a very high quality blanket off a British Airways flight 14 years ago and it's still in use. :drool:

DrTeeth 01-09-2005 01:33 PM

Air France bought KLM (though technically I should say that they merged, yeah whatever...) but I haven't heard about it affecting their performance yet :wink:.

I once heard that the American airlines are more expensive but it might not be true.

I guess I'm not much of a help here, except to say that Schiphol indeed does rule quite a lot. I once had to spend a night there and I had a lot of fun! :24hourcocktailbar:

DrTeeth 01-09-2005 01:34 PM

I believe KLM has quite the history and an excellent record on flying trans-atlantic so I would probably go for that.

Zoomerang96 01-09-2005 01:35 PM

i've been to quite a few airports, and there is none quite like amsterdam's.

though of course paris' is something else too, judging by its pictures.

Zoomerang96 01-09-2005 01:37 PM

i should also mention, that in case you haven't figured it out yet, i have an airport fetish. :sexywink:

i'm serious. it's weird. am i the only one?

beau2ifulday 01-09-2005 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Zoomerang96
i've been to quite a few airports, and there is none quite like amsterdam's.

though of course paris' is something else too, judging by its pictures.

The 'Beautiful Day' video has left me with something of an affinity for Charles De Gaulle airport :up:

Zoomerang96 01-09-2005 01:41 PM

yeah, no kidding. :up:

DrTeeth 01-09-2005 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Zoomerang96
i should also mention, that in case you haven't figured it out yet, i have an airport fetish. :sexywink:

i'm serious. it's weird. am i the only one?

I actually never know if you're serious or not, but I absolutely love airports! I've been to two french airports (one of them was the CdG) and they pale in comparison to Schiphol.

beau2ifulday 01-09-2005 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DrTeeth

I actually never know if you're serious or not, but I absolutely love airports! I've been to two french airports (one of them was the CdG) and they pale in comparison to Schiphol.

I find them very thrilling. I look forward to the hustle and bustle of arriving at the airport as much as I do the actual holiday - there's something about the atmosphere there.

Zoomerang96 01-09-2005 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DrTeeth

in this case, i'm very very serious. i know most people hate airports and flying, but i love it. they're like mini-cities!

and that's interesting to hear that the charles... is actually below schiphol's in your mind.

last time i was there, i got someone to take a picture of me with "schiphol" in the background. it's just one of those things i wanna remember i guess.

the only problem i have with that place is trying to get onto those computers. in athens, all you have to do is sit down in one of the terminals and it automatically works! at least that's the way it used to a few years ago...

in amsterdam you have to go and find some place to buy a card...and that didnt work until finally i went to one of those phone places where you could buy like 10 minutes for 5 euro's. :s

argh, i'm so nostalgic!

MissVelvetDress_75 01-09-2005 01:48 PM

Go European. The seats on the flights are much much more roomier. Delta is way too cramp.