U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Lemonade Stand Archive (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/)
-   -   Life or Death for Scott Peterson (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/life-or-death-for-scott-peterson-106470.html)

Theedge555 12-13-2004 01:17 PM

Life or Death for Scott Peterson

Looks like the jury has reached their decision.

Any thoughts?

U2girl 12-13-2004 01:20 PM

Life behind bars.

UnforgettableLemon 12-13-2004 01:21 PM

lbb

LarryMullen's POPAngel 12-13-2004 01:28 PM

Death. Why should the taxpayers pay for him while he sits in jail for the rest of his life? He is a sociopath and feels no remorse for what he's done whatsoever, so to punish him by keeping him behind bars won't really accomplish much.

UnforgettableLemon 12-13-2004 01:30 PM

We need self-sustaining penal colonies again

Moonlit_Angel 12-13-2004 01:33 PM

Life behind bars. Sure, a lot of people think he's guilty, myself included, and as of now the evidence is pretty much leaning towards that theory.

But at the same time, none of us were in that courtroom, we were only going by what we heard in the media, and seeing how big a circus this whole trial became, we don't know who told the truth and who lied from either side. It's highly unlikely, but if it turns out Scott was innocent, and we didn't find this out until after he was put to death...kinda sucks, doesn't it? At least if he had life behind bars, if he were later found innocent, he could then go free.

Angela

Theedge555 12-13-2004 01:33 PM

Maybe Scott and OJ can play golf with one another.........

BAW 12-13-2004 01:51 PM

The jury says death.

So now he can wait around with the 640+ inmates sitting on California's death row with no execution dates in sight. Chances are he won't be exectuted for decades, if at all :|

LarryMullen's POPAngel 12-13-2004 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Bono's American Wife
The jury says death.

So now he can wait around with the 640+ inmates sitting on California's death row with no execution dates in sight. Chances are he won't be exectuted for decades, if at all :|

I was just saying that to my co-worker just now. :|

And so another courtroom media circus comes to an end....

Theedge555 12-13-2004 01:55 PM

[/B]
Quote:

And so another courtroom media circus comes to an end.... [/B]
Amen to that.....

Next up is Jacko!!!!:huh:

verte76 12-13-2004 02:13 PM

Life behind bars. I think that's a harsher penalty than death, actually. He'd have to live with the stuff he's done.

Lancemc 12-13-2004 02:30 PM

I say life behind bars with limited priviledges. To tell you the truth, that scares me more than death ever could. Give him the worst. I know that's not very Christian of me, but I cannot deny my feeling on this issue.

Popmartijn 12-13-2004 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel
Death. Why should the taxpayers pay for him while he sits in jail for the rest of his life? He is a sociopath and feels no remorse for what he's done whatsoever, so to punish him by keeping him behind bars won't really accomplish much.
Why should taxpayers pay even more for him while he sits in jail waiting for his execution?

Anyway, since I'm against the death penalty, I voted for life behind bars. I have to admit though that I don't know that much about the case (not living in the USA), but the limited details I did read tell of a horrible murder.

C ya!

Marty

tiny dancer 12-13-2004 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by U2girl
Life behind bars.
Much agree. Let him live for the rest of his sorry life, for what he has done.

DrTeeth 12-13-2004 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by UnforgettableLemon
We need self-sustaining penal colonies again
Maybe they should send him to Australia. :wink:

I've voted life behind bars, because he's the murderer not me.

anitram 12-13-2004 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DrTeeth

I've voted life behind bars, because he's the murderer not me.

:up:

Mr. BAW 12-13-2004 05:17 PM

May his days, nights and orifices be filled by Prisoner #69....he gets what he deserves! :up:

Where's the hanging smilie???????? :mad:

Tech 12-13-2004 06:29 PM

I would have said life but since the jury gave him death it will still be decades before anything is done! Well at least the circus has ended.

U2_Muse 12-13-2004 06:41 PM

I think, for somebody who seems as in love with himself as Scott Peterson does, it's a much worse punishment to have to sit in prison and be denied all the things he enjoyed in his life outside.

U2Kitten 12-13-2004 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel
Exactly. He's a smug bastard. You people who say 'he'll have lots of time to think about what he's done' don't get it, HE DOESN'T CARE, he doesn't have a conscience, if he did he wouldn't have done it. Because you are nice and you'd feel bad you think he will, but he's not that way. He's a cold blooded heartless killer.

Like I posted in FYM, I have a friend whose husband has threatened to kill her many times, and when she tells him he'll get caught and go to jail, he goes 'good! Then I won't have to go to work anymore, won't have to pay bills, just lay there all day and read and get free food and be free of YOU!' That's the atttitude fuckers like him have!

He doesn't deserve all those years if he took them from her and Conner! :down: Killing your pregnant wife on Christmas Eve, it doesn't get much colder or lower. He deserves NO sympathy or mercy from anyone.