U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Free Your Mind Archive (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f290/)
-   -   Man has surgery to gain 5 inches (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f290/man-has-surgery-to-gain-5-inches-105603.html)

deep 12-05-2004 09:54 AM

Man has surgery to gain 5 inches

Peter Wu has surgery to gain 5 inches

I heard this story

It is about 4 minutes long.

It is shocking to me.

Because doctors can do something
and people will pay for it.

Should it be done?

Pearl 12-05-2004 10:35 AM

Wow. I didn't think anything like that could be done.
But then again, anything is possible with the new science and technology.

Should it be done? I don't know, but I can't imagine the pain those people would be in for so long.

foray 12-05-2004 10:37 AM

According to my Korean friends, this procedure is popular among young Korean girls, where they elongate their calves :(

foray

U2democrat 12-05-2004 11:18 AM

dang that sounds like an EXTREMELY painful procedure. i'm short (5'1") but i would never get surgery to be taller.

dandy 12-05-2004 11:23 AM

:yikes:

at least this thread was about height. :wink:

verte76 12-05-2004 11:27 AM

I think it's a little sad that anyone feels like they have to be taller enough so that they'll go through surgery to get it. Should they do it? It's their choice........

Liesje 12-05-2004 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by dandy
:yikes:

at least this thread was about height. :wink:

Um, yeah, I thought the SAME thing! 'Cus once I was channel surfing and there was a plastic surgery show on and this guy had two surgeries to gain a few inches *elsewhere* :ohmy:

tennispunk 12-05-2004 03:17 PM

Re: Man has surgery to gain 5 inches

I don't really feel like there's a moral problem here, so sure, if people will pay for this, why not? At the most basic level, it's appearance alteration just like any other kind of enlargement or lift or various other types of cosmetic surgery.

God knows, this will probably appear in a reality series (the Swan, anyone?) sometime in the not-too-distant future.

Quote:

Originally posted by deep
Peter Wu has surgery to gain 5 inches

I heard this story

It is about 4 minutes long.

It is shocking to me.

Because doctors can do something
and people will pay for it.

Should it be done?

beli 12-05-2004 03:25 PM

I wasnt game to click on the link. lol. Wash my mind out with soap.

I have known two people over the years who have had their legs lengethened in a very painful, time consuming process. Both of them were, I dont know what the politically correct term is, very very very short.

dandy 12-05-2004 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by beli

I have known two people over the years who have had their legs lengethened in a very painful, time consuming process. Both of them were, I dont know what the politically correct term is, very very very short.

vertically challenged?

beli 12-05-2004 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by dandy

vertically challenged?

ummm, I dont think so. To me "vertically challenged' just refers to people who are short.

Im talking about people who find employment in scifi/fantasy films and plays.

I seriously did not click on the link. My two friends had a procedure that involved repatedly breaking the leg and drilling pins through the bone and stretchinig the gaps with screws. Is that what you are talking about? Incredibly painful but for my two friends worth it. They're still short but not really short. Just "vertically challenged" now. It maked a huge difference to their self esteem. Especially as they are both males and society does not treat short men all that favourably.

Is that what you guys are talking about?

Irvine511 12-05-2004 05:57 PM

this thread turns out not to be about what i thought it was going to be about.

nbcrusader 12-06-2004 07:01 AM

I'm not sure why we would draw a line with this type of surgery vs. other cosmetic surgeries.

If we want to explore social engineering of these type of elective operations, perhaps we can create a plastic surgery tax to help fund general medical care.

Headache in a Suitcase 12-06-2004 07:28 AM

if i was 5 inches taller i would've went to school for free... this is bullcrap.

and yes... i too thought this was a penis thread

U2democrat 12-06-2004 07:35 AM

i'm glad i wasn't alone in thinking the title of this thread was about something else.........:ohmy: