U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Free Your Mind Archive (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f290/)
-   -   The Voice of God (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f290/the-voice-of-god-100652.html)

nbcrusader 10-29-2004 09:37 AM

The Voice of God

NO, its not GWB - its Tom Harkin!!

Harkin campaigns for Kerry, Pettengill, says Kerry's rise in polls is what God wants

verte76 10-29-2004 09:46 AM

They're trying to "pull a Disraeli"--win by ripping off your opponent's agenda. That's how Disraeli beat Gladstone, by taking up the cause of electoral reform. Good luck..........

Se7en 10-29-2004 10:05 AM

ANYONE who makes such claims deserves a place in the local loony bin. american politics are pathetic. :down:

MrsSpringsteen 10-29-2004 10:10 AM

Maybe he was just being sarcastic, trying to mock Bush?

Before anyone jumps on me, I'm just thinking it's a possibility. We'd have to see a transcript, there's no context given in that article.

Or maybe he does actually think that way :eyebrow: :huh:

Judah 10-29-2004 10:54 AM

If Kerry loses, God will be seen as the ultimate flip-flopper.

U2democrat 10-29-2004 11:53 AM

hehe when i was 13 i was the voice of god for a skit for my brother in law's class at seminary. imagine, a 13 year old girl as the voice of god! :lol:

but claiming that god takes sides is ridiculous. :huh:

shart1780 10-29-2004 12:31 PM

I'm sure God would prefer us to have a Godly leader. But I wouldn't call this the most Godly country any more so we'll see.

Se7en 10-29-2004 12:43 PM

who determines who is more godly?

indra 10-29-2004 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by shart1780
I'm sure God would prefer us to have a Godly leader. But I wouldn't call this the most Godly country any more so we'll see.
I certainly hope not. Then again, perhaps you'd be extremely surprised by what God wants. I think many people who "quote" God are probably in for a very rude awakening when they kick the bucket. :wink:

BVS 10-29-2004 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Judah
If Kerry loses, God will be seen as the ultimate flip-flopper.
:lol:

That's the best response of the day.

Just like anyone who claims W is God's doing, they're all:coocoo:

Jamila 10-29-2004 09:03 PM

While I don't agree with Tom Harkin's comments IF he meant them seriously (I happen to agree with Mrs Springsteen that this was probably a tongue in cheek comment), I don't really see the difference between the Democrats invoking "God's Blessing: any worse than the dribble that we've been hearing from the neoconservative wing of the Republican party that wears God on their shoulders every time they want to justify a foreign policy decision. :ohmy:

Neither side should speak for God, but it has been the conservative side with its Bible thumpers who have most often sullied God's name by dragging Him/Her into every ridiculous political and/ or moral position they hold!:tsk:

Definitely time for regime change....:up:

deep 10-29-2004 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

Just like anyone who claims W is God's doing, they're all:coocoo:

I can't tell you how many times I have heard this.

W has even said he believes God wanted him to be President.

This is the ultimate "Taking of the Lord's name in vain."

A_Wanderer 10-29-2004 11:18 PM

The neocons are hardly what I would call devout evangelicals - in fact a lot of them, as we are reminded to no end, are Jews.

verte76 10-30-2004 05:16 AM

I agree, assuming that God takes sides in elections is just plain ridiculous. You *could* say that God gave us the right to choose our leaders, but that's it.

Sherry Darling 10-30-2004 06:25 AM

*sigh*

I just bet God can't wait until this election is over.

(And how come folks only care what he thinks every four years?)

SD