U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Lemonade Stand Archive (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/)
-   -   high school egg babies (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/high-school-egg-babies-100075.html)

meegannie 10-23-2004 06:22 AM

high school egg babies

My husband and I were watching TV last night, and in the episode, the students had to take home eggs to learn about the responsibilities of parenthood, blah blah blah. My husband commented it was weird that Americans have to do that in school, and it dawned on me that I don't think I've ever actually known anyone who DID have to do that, yet it happens on virtually every American TV series involving high school students.

So. Did any of you have take-home egg babies?

Headache in a Suitcase 10-23-2004 06:31 AM

yea i had to do that in my health class when i was in high school... but they don't use eggs anymore. they use those, as you put them, screaming baby doll things.

i coach basketball in my old high school now, and i'll tell ya... when it's time to do the baby thing, it always makes for interesting practices, seeing as you can't leave the baby in the locker room or anything like you could with the egg.. ya gotta keep 'em with you at all times because ya never know when that damned crying alarm is gonna go off. so anyone who's injured and/or the team manager "babysits" durring practice.

Sheltie 10-23-2004 06:51 AM

What a waste of time. :eyebrow:

Pearl 10-23-2004 07:07 AM

In my high school, a child psychology class did that. I didn't take it, but during the same time every year, some kids would be carrying their little baskets everywhere they went.

I guess it was to learn how fragile kids are? :shrug:

Souly 10-23-2004 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
yea i had to do that in my health class when i was in high school... but they don't use eggs anymore. they use those, as you put them, screaming baby doll things.

We have those too. :crack:

A_Wanderer 10-23-2004 07:31 AM

We should stick this into the Buffy thread - the one where the eggs they are given turn out to be mind controling parasite demons.

U2dork 10-23-2004 07:35 AM

I never took this class, but I knew people who did. They had to lug around a 5lb. sack of flour.
How this is baby-like, I'm not sure...

zoney! 10-23-2004 07:40 AM

I went to an all-male, Catholic H.S. - so, we didn't even talk about making babies.

MissVelvetDress_75 10-23-2004 07:48 AM

I did not take the class that had egg babies or sack of flour babies.

meegannie 10-23-2004 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by A_Wanderer
We should stick this into the Buffy thread - the one where the eggs they are given turn out to be mind controling parasite demons.
That's what I was watching. :laugh:

Maybe we just didn't do this when I was in high school because in Kentucky you're expected to be married and have your first two kids by the age of 16... :shrug:

Lancemc 10-23-2004 07:59 AM

I had to do the fake screaming baby assignment for health class last year, Oh my God, it was pure hell. I know it was going to scream like three tiems during the night, so i barely got to sleep, just waiting for it to scream. It sucked so hard. Then on the bus the next morning just when it pulled up to school it started crying, so I had to run all the way through the school with this loud obnoxious hunk or plstic and metal in my arms....how embarassing.

i chopped off my nuts the next day. ;)

Bonochick 10-23-2004 08:31 AM

I had a screaming fake baby. The class I was in was the first to get to test them. It started screaming during my math test, and I had to leave the room...I lost time off my test. :mad:

Then it started screaming while I was peeing between classes...so I was stuck because I had to hold the key in the damn baby, and I couldn't get my pants up, so I was late for class. :mad:

That lovely mental image has been brought to you by Bonochick! :wink:

MissVelvetDress_75 10-23-2004 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lancemc

i chopped off my nuts the next day. ;)

:lmao:

LarryMullen's POPAngel 10-23-2004 08:36 AM

I voted "no, they gave us real babies". I think I would have run screaming from my classroom had they done that. :|

Tomer 10-23-2004 09:03 AM

shees
how lame is raising an egg?
just lock him in some drawer