May 2nd - Tulsa OK - BOK Center - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 > Fan Experiences, Reviews, & Tour Photos
Click Here to Login

Old 05-04-2018, 02:05 AM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:34 PM

MacPhisto starts around 1:18:00. It is painful, and hilarious.

ZOMG?!?!?!?! I"M DYING!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!!!

dan_smee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 03:45 AM   #17
Acrobat

Local Time: 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leanne View Post
I thought it was amazing. They sounded great. I loved the different images on the screen and how they played inside and under the screens and moved from the main stage to the round stage. I got tons of pics and video (I even did some periscopes).

I watched a lot of your periscope from Sydney - thanks so much!

shika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 06:25 AM   #18
The Fly

Local Time: 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
Thanks

It was nice to meet people there who had never been to a u2 show before, imagine how it looked through their eyes.
That's what bugs me though. Since I've been pitching this band to my friends for 35 years, I always experience their music, live and on record, through the eyes and ears and hearts of the non-believers. And if you could show them ONE live song to convince them of U2's greatness, I think 90% of us would show them Streets. I just can't believe they dropped it. It is their Piece de Resistance.

"The ones who love us best, are the ones we'll lay to rest. Visit their graves on holidays at best. The ones who love us least, are the ones we'll die to please. If it's any consolation, I don't begin to understand them." --Replacements
Maroon Bells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 11:11 AM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoge View Post
Great review. You're right - it was LOUD!!!
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanne View Post
I thought it was amazing. They sounded great. I loved the different images on the screen and how they played inside and under the screens and moved from the main stage to the round stage. I got tons of pics and video (I even did some periscopes). I'm glad they decided to start the show at 8:30 instead of 8. They might have done it that way so people would have time to get to their chairs or the floor and because of the weather
My friend ordered the tix and when he ordered them, he got a free copy of the CD with each ticket so he gave me the CD last night. The new songs sounded great live. I want to see them again!

Another thing, I haven't been on this board in quite a few years. However, I will probably become a permanent poster from now on!
If you want, feel free to share the pics or video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel D. View Post
Great review! I agree about bringing earplugs, which I tried last night. I put them in during GOOYOW and it actually filtered out a lot of distortion so that I could actually understand what Bono was saying.

The little house at the end was an interesting addition. I saw it on the screen first and thought it was an animation or another AR element, and then I realized it was actually sitting there on the E stage! Then Bono opened the roof and set the lightbulb free. Symbolism... for something.

I had a great time and enjoyed meeting people from the internet and it was really nice to hang out with other fans in real life.
Thanks. I just realized its called the e-stage and not b stage,

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_smee View Post

MacPhisto starts around 1:18:00. It is painful, and hilarious.

ZOMG?!?!?!?! I"M DYING!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maroon Bells View Post
That's what bugs me though. Since I've been pitching this band to my friends for 35 years, I always experience their music, live and on record, through the eyes and ears and hearts of the non-believers. And if you could show them ONE live song to convince them of U2's greatness, I think 90% of us would show them Streets. I just can't believe they dropped it. It is their Piece de Resistance.

"The ones who love us best, are the ones we'll lay to rest. Visit their graves on holidays at best. The ones who love us least, are the ones we'll die to please. If it's any consolation, I don't begin to understand them." --Replacements
Maybe you should start pitching Acrobat to your friends
Mrs. Garrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 11:51 AM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I’m really not mad that they didn’t play Streets because I’ve seen it three times, and the casuals had plenty of chances on the JT Tour. I heard someone say afterwards, “They played songs I didn’t recognize!” Well boo hoo, let me get my tiny violin.
Rachel D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 03:27 PM   #21
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by clerks View Post
Just to be clear, I want to FUCK this set list. (with it's consent of course).
My own Mom kept laughing at my pictures I took of my reactions saying she wouldn't say what she wanted to. I finally got her to. She said it looked like i'd just had a roll in the hay. I just looked at her and cackled. So yep.

I'm still trying to collect my thoughts but it was one of my favorite shows set list wise.
Christie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 03:51 PM   #22
War Child

Local Time: 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maroon Bells View Post

They just can't win- people here have complained for 15 odd years about them playing stuff like Streets repeatedly etc and now they finally drop them, and still people complain...
djparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 06:26 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Location: If the moonlight caught you crying on Killiney Bay oh sing your song let your song be sung
Local Time: 06:34 AM
Ya.. people bitch and moan about everything. Just remember we are in over time folks. U2 is still here after all this time. Still HERE!!! So many bands break up, fall apart but these guys are amazing. They have shown they are a band of brothers..a family. Be thankful they are still here alive and kicking! One day for whatever reason it will all be over. Hoping later than sooner.
Jeannieco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 07:08 AM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:34 AM
In the future I will make every effort to see an early show in the tour and a later show. I like the experimentation of these earlier shows. I'm worried that by May 26 a lot of the standards like Streets will be back due to popular outcry.
maycocksean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 09:29 AM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christie View Post
My own Mom kept laughing at my pictures I took of my reactions saying she wouldn't say what she wanted to. I finally got her to. She said it looked like i'd just had a roll in the hay. I just looked at her and cackled. So yep.

I'm still trying to collect my thoughts but it was one of my favorite shows set list wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel D. View Post
I’m really not mad that they didn’t play Streets because I’ve seen it three times, and the casuals had plenty of chances on the JT Tour. I heard someone say afterwards, “They played songs I didn’t recognize!” Well boo hoo, let me get my tiny violin.
I guess i have seen them play Streets 11 times now going back to 1997...honestly i am okay with them dropping it i was only bummed they didn't play 'little things' in it's place for this tour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannieco View Post
Ya.. people bitch and moan about everything. Just remember we are in over time folks. U2 is still here after all this time. Still HERE!!! So many bands break up, fall apart but these guys are amazing. They have shown they are a band of brothers..a family. Be thankful they are still here alive and kicking! One day for whatever reason it will all be over. Hoping later than sooner.
Well said....this can't go on forever as much as we want it to. Got to approach each show like it could be your last one. I hate to say it but you never know. At the end of the day we are all lucky to have these shows. When it is over we'll have the memories
Mrs. Garrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 10:04 AM   #26
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by shika View Post
I watched a lot of your periscope from Sydney - thanks so much!
No problem at all! I'm glad you enjoyed them.

leanne is offline   Reply With Quote