May 16, 2018 - Los Angeles, CA - The Forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ticketmaster just opened up a TON more $46 seats for U2 on May 16 at The Forum, so if anyone is interested in seeing the show this is a great way to get in for cheap

anyone else beyond nervous about parking for tonight?:panic:

why does there have to be this additional layer of concern to what should be a simple part of the concert-going experience

why does there have to be this additional layer of concern to what should be a simple part of the concert-going experience

It was SO BAD last night. I don't remember it being like that for I&E, or the UFC event I went to at the Forum. Does it have something to do with the construction on the stadium?

It was SO BAD last night. I don't remember it being like that for I&E, or the UFC event I went to at the Forum. Does it have something to do with the construction on the stadium?

I've never parked anywhere but the Forum parking lot when attending concerts there, but I did hear they lost some parking due to the construction.

I came in on Prairie, drove past the stadium construction and arrived at The Forum at 5:30 yesterday. We had no problem parking. Plan accordingly and get there early. Personally, by the time you browse the shirts, grab something to snack on and socialize some the 2.5 - 3 hours goes by pretty quickly.

The doors opened around 6:00, and it wasn't real crowded. The show didn't start until about 8:45 or so. I'm not sure how that is for U2, but it seems a little later than a typical "late" start for a show scheduled for 8:00. I imagine they may have delayed it some due to the parking issues.

That said, now that word is out about the parking, if I was going tonight I'd probably try to get there a little earlier than I did last night.

Last edited:
I couldn't even get over to the parking lost last night, it was such a crawl, I parked at a restaurant at Prairie/Manchester for $20 and called it a day.

Whoa, I completely missed this. I don't know how to feel about that. How would Inglewood even handle having ANOTHER arena, on top of the new Stadium?

forum, basketball arena and football stadium in an area totally inaccessible by train.

sounds like a win/win/win :yikes:

Whoa, I completely missed this. I don't know how to feel about that. How would Inglewood even handle having ANOTHER arena, on top of the new Stadium?

Yeah, I didn't know about that either....not that it's right in my backyard or anything. I was thinking last night the Stadium and Forum in that relatively small area has all the makings of a nightmare for football and Forum events alike. But they want to put another arena in there? That's just nuts.

forum, basketball arena and football stadium in an area totally inaccessible by train.

sounds like a win/win/win :yikes:

I'm absolutely dreading driving down there again tonight, and I keep thinking I'll just take the bus, as I've done it before. But then I remember that means I'll have to take the bus back afterwards, and that seems kinda no bueno.

Yeah, I didn't know about that either....not that it's right in my backyard or anything. I was thinking last night the Stadium and Forum in that relatively small area has all the makings of a nightmare for football and Forum events alike. But they want to put another arena in there? That's just nuts.

I on-again/off-again work for the NFL Network, and the thought that they're going to be moving to the new stadium in 2021 has me thinking maybe it'll be off-again by that point :lol:.

I'm absolutely dreading driving down there again tonight, and I keep thinking I'll just take the bus, as I've done it before. But then I remember that means I'll have to take the bus back afterwards, and that seems kinda no bueno.

Yeah, I wouldn't. I get trying to avoid the driving stress, but sitting on a bus with a bunch of other people sounds worse. But I'm a bit of a control freak.:hyper:

i usually just park at century and myrtle and leisurely walk the 1 mile even though it's a pretty bad neighborhood most of it is with the concert traffic but i'm with my wife tonight and it's my birthday so i am fine with paying the parking charge. now to think i might not even be able to pay for parking is just mind boggling. we're leaving SM at 530 sharp and hope to be near the lot by 630-645. fingers firmly crossed

I on-again/off-again work for the NFL Network, and the thought that they're going to be moving to the new stadium in 2021 has me thinking maybe it'll be off-again by that point :lol:.

I didn't realize it was that far out - thought it was 2019 or 2020. Maybe the Chargers will move back to San Diego (no insight, just typing out loud).

i usually just park at century and myrtle and leisurely walk the 1 mile even though it's a pretty bad neighborhood most of it is with the concert traffic but i'm with my wife tonight and it's my birthday so i am fine with paying the parking charge. now to think i might not even be able to pay for parking is just mind boggling. we're leaving SM at 530 sharp and hope to be near the lot by 630-645. fingers firmly crossed

Good luck. I know I am lucky to have some flexibility allowing me to get there as early as I did. My wife has a foot issue which really makes it difficult for her to walk that far at one time. Add in the area and we really try to get to these events as early as possible.

Again, I got there at about 5:30 and didn't have any problems.

Last edited:
I didn't realize it was that far out - thought it was 2019 or 2020. Maybe the Chargers will move back to San Diego (no insight, just typing out loud).

it was 2019 but rains in winter of 2016 delayed the construction

this article from < 2 months ago says ready for opening of 2020 season https://www.forbes.com/sites/vincen...cted-to-cost-5-billion-to-build/#56dbf48413b2

Sorry to confuse! The stadium may be ready by then, but the Network itself won't be moving out of the Culver City facility until 2021.

The main thing I'm doing different tonight is ignoring the GPS, which had me drive straight down Prairie.

Oh thank God, a friend just reminded me that a mutual friend of ours lives in Inglewood. I'm parking at his house and he's driving me over :drool:.

The main thing I'm doing different tonight is ignoring the GPS, which had me drive straight down Prairie.

GPS took me Crenshaw from the 105 first to Pincay (which was closed but evidently unknown to GPS so everyone turning on Pincay had to make a u-turn), then down Manchester. When I exited the freeway it said my ETA was 7:16. At 8:00 I was barely making it into that zoo of a dirt lot by the stadium construction. Walked into GA at 8:30.

GPS took me Crenshaw from the 105 first to Pincay (which was closed but evidently unknown to GPS so everyone turning on Pincay had to make a u-turn), then down Manchester. When I exited the freeway it said my ETA was 7:16. At 8:00 I was barely making it into that zoo of a dirt lot by the stadium construction. Walked into GA at 8:30.
I know, it was a freaking zoo last night, especially getting herded like cattle into the Forum. My ticket was at will-call, and I wound up all the way on the other side of the building from where I needed to be.

Okay guys. Wanted to get here later but with parking being an issue I played it safe. Just got to the forum. Still lots of parking. Oh also the best part.... the 405 N was not bad! So already I'm a winner! I might get in line for GA but maybe not. Will see!

parking was a total non-issue arriving at 730 (they seemed to resolve whatever happened last night) and show was full of energy from band and crowd. greatness all around!!

parking was a total non-issue arriving at 730 (they seemed to resolve whatever happened last night) and show was full of energy from band and crowd. greatness all around!!

Great to hear! I wish I could have gone the second night. It was a great show.

Walked in at 7, 3 back from middle of catwalk. No problem heading back to E stage about 4 deep and then to main stage maybe 10-15 back.

IMG_6121.JPG

IMG_6123.JPG

IMG_6124.JPG

IMG_5897.JPG

Back
Top Bottom