St. Louis Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ouch - Love is Bigger is such a natural closer for this show.

The encore should be:

Wild Horses
One
Little Things
Streets
Love is Bigger

I agree, this show needs Streets at the very end. Why not leave people in a frenzy at the end?

Kind of a rough show tonight, watched on Periscope and seeing people leave during 13 was rough.

Yeah, ending the show on a new song (Love is Bigger) and then a new song that's a total downer (13) doesn't exactly leave you walking out the door on a high. It's more of a "well, alright!" than an immediate buzz.

But if they're committed to the artistic vision or whatever... then so be it.

I hope they tweak the encore. Weakest part of the show, when it should be one of the strongest parts.

i'm on a plane to san jose in the morning. see you monday night.

I would like 13 a lot more if if weren't highly derivative of a song from 3 years prior. As it is though, don't mind it on the album and its a nice closer. It's not a concert closer though.

i'm on a plane to san jose in the morning. see you monday night.
Safe travels my man. Seeing any other shows?
Its only about a third the closer that 40 is.
giphy.gif

I bet there's going to be major changes to the set for San Jose. They were a lot closer with the Tulsa set then they were tonight. I believe they can pull off a great final arc of the show without falling back on Streets (or even Bad) as a encore crutch, but the setlist as it stands needs serious work, imo. This kind of reminds me of the first few shows of the Popmart tour vs say, the Vertigo tour where they really tinkered with the running order the first few weeks but really had a strong basic set and batch of chosen songs to work with right out of the gate.

Hey not related to this show but on the radio today I heard a song that I’ve never heard before they kept singing the sweet fire of love or something and I could have sworn, bono was in the song! Sounded like 80’s bono. Any ideas what this song might be?

Hey not related to this show but on the radio today I heard a song that I’ve never heard before they kept singing the sweet fire of love or something and I could have sworn, bono was in the song! Sounded like 80’s bono. Any ideas what this song might be?

It's Bono singing on a Daniel Lanois song. That album (can't recall the name) is really good. It was recorded around the JT era.

Edit: Crap. I am losing my mind.

My wife is very big on leaving a concert early to beat the traffic. She tried that shit with me at the 360 show I took her to, and I shut that shit down!!

But with other bands, sometimes I’ll head for the exit.

I absolutely never leave any show until house lights are on, music is playing over the PA, and it's obvious the band aren't coming back because the crew are packing up guitars or the bassist is selling shit at the merch desk or whatever. You never know what you might miss otherwise. A keen audience can coax an artist to keep going. Just two weeks ago the audience in Melbourne got Martin Phillipps (The Chills) to come back a second time and do a song he was absolutely not planning to do.

So... shorter setlist already... mmmhh... i hope it was because of timing issues and not something else. NYD great! SFS i don t care. RBW too bad it s been cut, love this song. Horses... very sad.
ACROBAT is still there :applaud::applaud::applaud:

I’m actually leaving the Rose Bowl right now. I’ve been here since 2009. What a show.
But at least you got to see the Joshua Tree show for free.

And presumably others, if there are other bands besides U2, as has been alleged.

I absolutely never leave any show until house lights are on, music is playing over the PA, and it's obvious the band aren't coming back because the crew are packing up guitars or the bassist is selling shit at the merch desk or whatever. You never know what you might miss otherwise. A keen audience can coax an artist to keep going. Just two weeks ago the audience in Melbourne got Martin Phillipps (The Chills) to come back a second time and do a song he was absolutely not planning to do.

:up: Never leave early.

Sooo, they took out SFS, Raised by Wolves and Wild Horses .. and added NYD?

That's it in a nutshell.

Dropping WGRYWH is a loss, dropping RBW is also a loss but not as bad a one, and dropping SFS is an improvement.

Back
Top Bottom