St. Louis Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If a song is going to come out, make it SFS and add Showman into the Macphisto section. Red Flag Day is ideal but a bit tougher of a fit thematically in the established sequence.

i love THE SHOWMAN! Seems ideal for acoustic at some point.

I think it's quite strange Bono is lip-syncing the first song...

And maybe even stranger: I didn't see people complain about this yet on Interference...

I did! It's something for the APP. I don't care about that, just dont' count it as first song.... it's opening number not official song!

Also You're the Best Thing Abut me -- I loved this song before it was official when I heard that DJ Mix... so of course they do to it what they did to Crazy Tonight during 360 tour, they just turn a pop song into disco or now some slow latin number? I don't know... First time I listened to it and I'm disappointed with this live version... sounded better during JT didnt' it?

6:45 and the floor is pretty much empty. Definitely no need to line upView attachment 11901

That side filled in nicely, I think. For whatever reason I wandered to the other side and planted myself around the ramp not far from the b stage, that side was noticeably less populated than the other.

Wasn't the floor supposed to be sold out?

Showman seems written for macphisto... It's a shame landlady and little things are being overlooked

So has AB now had all its songs performered live?

Yes, though I think So Cruel was only done a few times by Bono alone, strumming an acoustic guitar.

So now Boy, Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby are the only album to have all their songs performed live.

I don’t believe any other albums will ever have all their songs played live.

Last edited:
LIST TIME!!!
October- still needs “Stranger in a strange land” and “Is that all?” Not gonna happen.
War- needs Drowning Man, Refugee and Red Light. Also, Like a song was played only once... not gonna happen.
UF- needs 4th of July, Promenade and EP&A. Nope!
RH- needs Heartland.
Zooropa- needs SDABTO.
Pop- needs Playboy Mansion
ATYCLB- needs WILATW and Grace (that business in KC doesn’t count)
HTDAAB- needs One Step Closer, which was rehearsed in 2015 but never played.
NLOTH- needs SUC, Fez-BB, WAS, COL, and Winter if you wanna count that (I do, since it was on Linear)
SOI- needs SLABT and TIWYCRMN
SOE- needs SOL, RFD, Showman and Landlady. Also BOYH if you wanna count that (I do)

Since Heartland wasn’t played on the Joshua Tree tour I can’t see it ever being played. I was sure they would play it at least one night as a surprise.

LIST TIME!!!
October- still needs “Stranger in a strange land” and “Is that all?” Not gonna happen.
War- needs Drowning Man, Refugee and Red Light. Also, Like a song was played only once... not gonna happen.
UF- needs 4th of July, Promenade and EP&A. Nope!
RH- needs Heartland.
Zooropa- needs SDABTO.
Pop- needs Playboy Mansion
ATYCLB- needs WILATW and Grace (that business in KC doesn’t count)
HTDAAB- needs One Step Closer, which was rehearsed in 2015 but never played.
NLOTH- needs SUC, Fez-BB, WAS, COL, and Winter if you wanna count that (I do, since it was on Linear)
SOI- needs SLABT and TIWYCRMN
SOE- needs SOL, RFD, Showman and Landlady. Also BOYH if you wanna count that (I do)

Don't forget Playboy Mansion has been rehearsed - for not one but two tours. 2001 and 2015. And it has been snippeted, so every Pop song has featured live, though only 11/12 in full.

It seems so weird how just matter of factly acrobat was just played. Like not alot of pomp and circumstance, its just some song they are playing. Its not just some rarity, its theee rarity lol. It was a never at all . Its sure as hell is a song well out of its time in 2018 totally removed the headspace of the band that wrote it.

It seems so weird how just matter of factly acrobat was just played. Like not alot of pomp and circumstance, its just some song they are playing. Its not just some rarity, its theee rarity lol. It was a never at all . Its sure as hell is a song well out of its time in 2018 totally removed the headspace of the band that wrote it.
I don't get the last part of your comment. I think the song fits our current day situation quite perfectly.

No doubt it's quite strange. I really don't understand why he doesn't sing it live. It's a massive cringe-fest.

This ! I watched it on YouTube for the first time last night and it was so odd and awkward (embarrassing is what came to mind).

If you don’t want to sing it live, fine but then don’t be on stage. The first shot of the “band” should be one of “wow, here they are!” Not, “is he lip syncing to this at a live show I paid $350 to be at?”

It seems like (I haven’t been to a show, so it’s just my “YouTube” opinion) that it takes some(a lot) of steam out of The Blackout as the opener.

For those who have been to one of the two shows, what was your take?

About Blackout I think is not helping to have the band hidden in the screen the whole song... it's an explosive tune but the audience seemed so flat in the first two shows and I believe that the screen is working as a barrier between audience and the band, not the other way around.

I guess for me it dosnt fit the current situration. Its like oh now you play this song . Lol. For me, in no way shape or form is 2018 like 1991. Not where the band is, the world, state of music, or me personally. It could just be that intro he did with the snapchat nonsense. I just didnt get it.

I guess for me it dosnt fit the current situration. Its like oh now you play this song . Lol. For me, in no way shape or form is 2018 like 1991. Not where the band is, the world, state of music, or me personally. It could just be that intro he did with the snapchat nonsense. I just didnt get it.

The song is about deception and hypocrisy, there’s no time like the current, especially the US, where that’s more relevant.

One of their greatest songs WGRYWH is finallly played, and yet dropped after 1 show?! What is wrong with U2, if they have to drop something, don't drop this gem, it's always getting the short end of the stick and I'm fed up with this always being the case.

Listen, no point in explaining it cause your not gonna see it that way obviously . Im not saying your wrong, im saying i always saw as a personal song not political. Your gonna say i have no right to see it that way, but im gonna keep on seeing that way. Dont like it? Have the mod ban me then.

Listen, no point in explaining it cause your not gonna see it that way obviously . Im not saying your wrong, im saying i always saw as a personal song not political. Your gonna say i have no right to see it that way, but im gonna keep on seeing that way. Dont like it? Have the mod ban me then.

No, I agree it was originally a more personal song, but like many U2 songs there’s a flexibility in meaning and interpretation. I think it’s still being used in a personal way, but being told in a political context/ environment.

So you can chill with the tell the mod/ ban me bs?!

Back
Top Bottom