Setlist predictions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
I know the tour doesn't begin until May of 2018 however, I can't help but wonder what may be in the setlist for E+i...

This is merely a combination of what I'd like to see / what might have been played in the latest press.

1. The Blackout
2. I Will Follow
3. Cry / Electric Co.
4. Vertigo
5. American Soul
6. Red Flag Day
7. You're the Best Thing About Me
8. All I Want Is You
9. Get Out Of Your Own Way
10. The Showman
11. Walk to the Water
12. Sunday Bloody Sunday
13. Bullet the Blue Sky
14. 13 (There is a Light)
15. Where the Streets Have No Name
16. Beautiful Day
17. Pride (In The Name Of Love)

18. Love Is Bigger Than Anything In It's Way
19. Mysterious Ways
20. One

21. With Or Without You
22. The Little Things That Give You Away

Heavy on the SoE songs and a little bit of the 'safety' stuff. Seeing as they have a pretty solid album I don't seem them reaching TOO far back into their old catalog... and around 22 songs it's the same length at the JT but 3 songs short than i+E's setlist.

1. Love is all we have left
2. Get out of your own way
3. California (there is no end to love)
4. Vertigo
5. I will follow
6. Gloria
7. Every breaking wave
8. Stay (faraway, so close)
9. Trying to throw your arms around the world
10. The Blackout
11. Volcano / American Soul
12. Bullet the blue sky
13. Summer of love
14. Even better than the real thing
15. Mysterious Ways
16. With or without you

17. Lights of home (st Peter's string version)
18. Beautiful Day
19. Elevation
20. You're the best thing about me
21. The little things that give you away
22. 13 (there is a light)

Last edited:
1. The Blackout
2. I will follow
3. Vertigo
4. You're the best thing about me
5. Song for someone incl. 13 (There is a light) snippet
6. Get out of your own way
7. American Soul
8. Bullet the blue sky
-------------------------------------------------------
B-stage
9. Mysterious Ways
10. The Showman / Summer of Love
11. Stay (faraway, so close) / Angel of Harlem
-------------------------------------------------------
12. Lights of home
13. Iris
14. Beautiful Day
15. Bad
16. Love is all we have left
17. Where the streets have no name
18. Pride
19. One
----------------------------------------------------
20. With or without you
21. The little things that give you away
22. Love is bigger than anything in its way

1. Love is all we have / Blackout
2. Get out of your own way
3. You're the best thing
4. Beautiful Day
5. Elevation
6. I Will Follow
7. The Fly
8. Kite
9. Still Haven't Found
10. Little Things
-----------------------------
11. City of Blinding Lights
12. Vertigo
13. Discotheque
14. Sometimes you can't make it
15. Bad
16. Streets
17. Pride
18. One
-------------------------
Encore (with full string orchestra)

19. Lights of Home
20. Stuck in a Moment
21. Every Breaking Wave
22. With or Without you
23. Love is Bigger

Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, huh?

tumblr_mct1tz0yd01rynd0q.gif

Last edited:
Who’s gonna ride your wild horses!! Awesome. Don’t think that has been played more than a time or two with the full band since Zoo TV. I too was hoping this tour would be heavy on Achtung Baby since JT dominated last years

Who’s gonna ride your wild horses!! Awesome. Don’t think that has been played more than a time or two with the full band since Zoo TV. I too was hoping this tour would be heavy on Achtung Baby since JT dominated last years

I saw them play it twice in 2005, Dublin 1 and Glasgow. Think it was done around 10 times on the Vertigo tour. Was very pleased as it was dropped from the Zoo TV your by the time I saw then did the first time at Leeds in 1993, and was one of the so ha that initially grabbed me from AB.

Can imagine we might get a few lesser played Achtung Baby songs as a result of the the Joshua Tree tour.

Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, Trying To Throw Your Arms Around The World, Love Is Blindness, The Fly and Acrobat....:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

I think there's an Edge quote out there about going light on JT. I think Streets and Bullet are still in, WOWY is probably sticking around, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's it.

They rehearsed Tryin to Throw Your Arms in 360 and I+E, so after Horses I think this has the best chance.

This tour need a heavy dose of Zoo station.Open the encore with it Bono's leg kicking intro project on the massive screen.

It was done five times electric on Vertigo, and eleven more times acoustic.

Those are its only post-ZooTV performances, besides some occasional snippeting on the Elevation Tour.

Have always said I wanted this one live! I really hope it makes it into the set list, a gem of U2's that mostly (wrongly) gets forgotten, so I am very happy that it's getting a bit of limelight now

This tour need a heavy dose of Zoo station.Open the encore with it Bono's leg kicking intro project on the massive screen.

Only way Zoo Station should be brought back is if it’s more uptempo speed ala Zoo TV & not sluggish like Vertigo tour. When it started up the encore break on Vertigo tour it really felt achingly slow. Great to see it appear but suffered being slower tempo.

I am hesitant to believe that we will see much from Achtung Baby this time around.
They need to save those songs for the 30th anniversary tour that Live Nation will talk them into in 2021.
I am hoping for Acrobat though. That would be great promotion for the AB30 tour in 2021.
-Tour SOE in 2018/2019.
-Work on Songs of Ascent in 2020.
-AB30 in 2021.
-Finish and release SOA in 2022.
-SOA tour in 2023.
-Final tour = ATYCLB25 in 2025.
In 2025 Bono will be 65. Can't see him doing this stuff for much longer.

Back
Top Bottom