San Jose #1 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ho-ly shit.

This is the first time I've gone to a concert, 99% spoiler free. What an exciting way to experience a show.

+ Love is All You Have Left as the opener
- I feel the Blackout did not go over well. Let's get the boys out from behind the screen, yeah?
+ Lights of Home was fucking banging
+ + Gloria :drool:
+ All Because Of You was so awesome to see. I'm an HtDaAB boy, so this was a real treat
+ The Ocean :drool:
- - Not even repacking the Innocence stuff. Pretty disappointing. Exactly the same
+ + Acrobat, holy fucking shit. I teared up. Never thought I'd see it live, with the album arrangement. It sounded unreal.
+/- I thing Best Thing wasn't terrible, and the crowd was actually kinda into it. But it definitely marked the beginning of a lot of yawning from around the venue
+ Staring at the Sun with the Charlottesville imagery on the screen might be the most memorable part of the night. Chilling
+ Loved ending with 13. Very beautiful and effective.

+/-, I can't believe they really didn't play any JT songs. Not even Streets. I'm cool with it, but I did feel bad for the casual fans who got only more than half a concert of 00s afterwards material.

Also, on the way out, the GA line for the next show was already starting. You're a chump if you do it, plain and simple. I told my girlfriend that since I'm going tomorrow, and she's a casual fan, that we can play it cool and show up after I was done with work. We got in line around 5:45, and were one back from the rail on the side, and maybe 8 deep from the front stage. Absolutely great view.

Last edited:
Gonna do some personal stats for myself cause I'm bored and just updated my spreadsheet. Pretty boring because I've only seen them 3 times now:

* Songs of Experience bolts into second place with most songs from an album heard
* Songs of Experience ties the Joshua Tree with most unique songs from an album in one concert
* The first time I've heard Gloria, All Because of You, The Ocean, Acrobat, and Staring at the Sun (in addition to the SoE songs
* First time I've heard a song from October or Pop
* First time I did not hear Bullet the Blue Sky, Bad, Where the Streets Have No Name or With or Without You
* First time I did not hear a song from the Joshua Tree
* I've heard Pride, One, Beautiful Day and Sunday Bloody Sunday at every concert I've gone to

And for fun:
* Acrobat has been played at 1/3 of the concerts I've been to.

Last edited:
FYI walked in at 7pm and plenty I mean PLENTY of room on the floor. I got some great up close shots. They spend a lot of time at the circle stage and along the way.

FYI walked in at 7pm and plenty I mean PLENTY of room on the floor. I got some great up close shots. They spend a lot of time at the circle stage and along the way.

Part of the reason I'm in no rush for GA this time. Heck, it even worked out well for two of the shows I went to last summer!

Here are the good e-stage songs.

https://youtu.be/dFgGhmHg3Vk

Wow! Fantastic view!

Back
Top Bottom