Philadelphia #1 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wells Fargo Center - Philadelphia, PA - June 13, 2018

---------- It's a Beautiful World / MRI ----------
01 - Love is All We Have Left
02 - The Blackout
03 - Lights of Home
04 - I Will Follow
05 - Gloria
06 - Beautiful Day
07 - The Ocean
08 - Iris (Hold Me Close)
09 - Cedarwood Road
10 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
11 - Until the End of the World
---------- INTERMISSION: Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (Gavin Friday Mix) ----------
12 - Elevation
13 - Vertigo
14 - Desire
15 - Acrobat
16 - You're the Best Thing About Me
17 - Staring at the Sun
18 - Pride (In the Name of Love)
19 - Get Out of Your Own Way
20 - American Soul
21 - City of Blinding Lights
---------- Women of the World ----------
22 - One
23 - Love is Bigger Than Anything in It's Way
24 - 13 (There is a Light)

thanks for coming in each show and sticking around to post the set lists.

thanks for coming in each show and sticking around to post the set lists.

giphy.gif

After Sunday, I’m heading back to reality, so I won’t be sticking around for the final shows of this leg. Y’all have been warned, but I don’t think I’ll be missing much. :shifty:

They’ll wake up eventually, do a shuffle, and we’ll all be on here praising them when they do. They always do. Telling a story right now. Once they get tired/bored of telling the same story things will change. Could be tomorrow. Could be 2 months, could be 4. The joy of being a U2 fan.

Have we talked enough about how The Ocean shouldn't count as a full song or is it just me? I mean that's the most disappointing staple this tour, is anyone like FUCK YES, THE OCEAN!

They do this to me every tour. Here's one of my favorite songs -- we will play it only like 3 times.

You love this song the best from the album, well we will play it just in a totally different way that's not as pleasing as it should be.

The Showman and Landlady and Little Things are songs you can't get out of your head, well fuck you, they're never going live again (or ever).

Why am I so angry? We got THE OCEAN!!!!!

Have we talked enough about how The Ocean shouldn't count as a full song or is it just me? I mean that's the most disappointing staple this tour, is anyone like FUCK YES, THE OCEAN!

It's taking the spot of a speech, so I'm happy. I actually like the efficiency of scoring speeches to deep cuts since those speeches would be happening anyway. Other examples are MLK and Scarlet on 360.

Last edited:
They do this to me every tour. Here's one of my favorite songs -- we will play it only like 3 times.

You love this song the best from the album, well we will play it just in a totally different way that's not as pleasing as it should be.

The Showman and Landlady and Little Things are songs you can't get out of your head, well fuck you, they're never going live again (or ever).

Why am I so angry? We got THE OCEAN!!!!!

Ha!

I think that's pretty much every band though. And a lot of them are only playing "just"1-4 new songs at every show, so e're probably on the higher end of hearing new stuff anyway.

i know i always defend them and know most bands only have 1-4 songs you even want to hear in concert. So they are victims of having too many great songs, but they are also bad I think at making set lists that would maximize the night.

But it's been this way forever it seems.... still Tulsa was so good, I'm like here we go! and then we just went crashing back to reality.

I just think of all those "dead spots" that U2 seems to bring (at least to me) when they could put 2 or 3 other songs in there and be perfection.

Some people like Love Peace or Else every show and American Soul might sound cool live, but I'm the guy that would be happy with the quieter songs all night long.

But again, who am I to complain, we got THE OCEAN!!!!!!! IT'S ALMOST LIKE A REAL SONG!!!!!!!!!

I just don't get why Wild Horses can't be in the slot it was an opening night. It seems like such a an easy fix, one they've clearly given some thought to, and a song they clearly can play based on Apollo... yet still, nothing

It's not as if One fits the TIGHT NARRATIVE. So what's the big deal?

Baffling.

Larry must hate horses because the song was secretly about his beloved horse that died: Pie-o-my

Back
Top Bottom