Omaha Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chicago night 1: Gloria
Chicago night 2: Red Flag Day

That's it.

Oh, and why did they drop the video from the first few shows during One? More fitting now than then, sadly.

By the time they get to New York, the set will look like this.....

---------- / Oserry's Traffic Ticket Audio----------
01 - Love is All We Have Left / Lights Of Home (snippet)
02 - I Will Follow (acoustic)
03 - Beautiful Day / Fly Iike An Eagle (Steve Miller Band snippet)
04 - The Ocean / Rhyme Of The Ancient Mariner (Iron Maiden snippet)
05 - Iris (crazy mama dance remix)
06 - Sunday Bloody Sunday (Adam solo)
07 - Psalm 23 (snippet) / Until the End of the World / Psalm 69 (Ministry snippet)
---------- INTERMISSION: Drunk Chicken (Guggi Ambient Mix) ----------
08 - Desire (acoustic country version)
09 - You’re the Best Thing About Me (steel drum version)
10 - MLK / Pride (snippet)
11 - Get Out of Your Own Way / American Soul / Ain't That America (snippets)
---------- Nancy Pelosi "We Will Rock You" video montage ----------
12 - One / (snippet)
13 - Love is Bigger Than Anything In It’s Way
14 - Soon

As soon as I saw Omaha I thought 2 things -- this set list is going to suck and Peyton Manning.

Also like in The Simpsons when Krusty wouldn't do his A level comedy material for charity.

The first night is still the best night. And I think we all imagined that their was more variety in some old tour. It's not really true. It's always been this way -- why do we think it will ever change?

What? It's definitely less varied than Elevation, Vertigo, or even IE. It's not normal for an arena tour to be this static; stadiums, yes, but not arenas.

The disappearing set list tour.

Gotta wonder ... Do they start a conversation around what to do with tonight's set list and reach unaminous decision that all they will do is lop off a few songs? Very weird. Would love to understand how these decisions are made. Smacks of laziness.

Very weird how they started out with 27 songs and after 6 concerts they are at 24.... stupid decisions again and again

24 songs is still a 2 hour show...if you look back they usually do about that number of songs per night...they did 22 a night on Zoo TV in 1993..which is widely considered to be their best tour...and the set lists were static as well...so I guess in 2018 people would be endlessly complaining about It???

24 songs is still a 2 hour show...if you look back they usually do about that number of songs per night...they did 22 a night on Zoo TV in 1993..which is widely considered to be their best tour...and the set lists were static as well...so I guess in 2018 people would be endlessly complaining about It???

If you think it is normal To give different treats To different cities, good for you. I don t And it has nothing To do with the Zoo TV tour, which is the best tour ever but for many other reasons...

I change my mind everyday as to whether I should go for this tour or not. Wasn't too eager at first when I saw the same SOI stretch and none of my favourite SOE songs. They got me back in after Gloria and RFD, but now they play nights with both of them cut!

Last edited:
I was at the show last night. For me, Acrobat was worth the price. Some SOI rehashed footage...but they were good songs. Gloria was a bonus. Best Thing in its current version just does not excite anyone. I was in the upper deck (great vantage point)and it was loaded with casuals. It is so frustrating to see people go batshit crazy over Vertigo and Elevation, then walk out for a bathroom break on Acrobat. One dude on the way out was visibly pissed they didn’t play Streets. My dude, you’re at the wrong tour[emoji6]

American Soul is way over the top with the flag drop. GOOYOW - obvious backing track moments, and I think that Bono was a little frustrated that a significant percentage of the crowd had a befuddled look on their face when he was prompting them to sing the “get out of your own way” part.

Last edited:
Setlist bitching aside, Show was great, worth the road trip. I held out hope for something new when they dropped Raised By Wolves, but I knew that was unlikely. Seemed like a lot of casuals in the crowd, so the lack of JT songs I think threw a lot of people. Still, I loved it.

What? It's definitely less varied than Elevation, Vertigo, or even IE. It's not normal for an arena tour to be this static; stadiums, yes, but not arenas.

I was just trying to make myself feel better. Also pretty sure the 20 other or so arena shows I saw with u2 no they did same thing. Last tour I say them what 5 times... I’m gonna to guess I got 5 unique songs out of that.

My question is for all the Pearl Jam’s of the world and Bruce there are bands that don’t even have 22 songs to play. Yet they still tour. So my point is let’s all get tickets to see those shows!!!! Let’s go!!!!

I’ve lost my mind.

Setlist bitching aside, Show was great, worth the road trip. I held out hope for something new when they dropped Raised By Wolves, but I knew that was unlikely. Seemed like a lot of casuals in the crowd, so the lack of JT songs I think threw a lot of people. Still, I loved it.
This.

I've complained about it a lot, but I don't regret going even a little bit.

I was just trying to make myself feel better. Also pretty sure the 20 other or so arena shows I saw with u2 no they did same thing. Last tour I say them what 5 times... I’m gonna to guess I got 5 unique songs out of that.

My question is for all the Pearl Jam’s of the world and Bruce there are bands that don’t even have 22 songs to play. Yet they still tour. So my point is let’s all get tickets to see those shows!!!! Let’s go!!!!

I’ve lost my mind.

My view, from checking setlists for a hell of a lot of bands, is that U2 are somewhere about the average for variation; Lovetown is probably a bit above, Vertigo a good average, the current tour and JT30 below average. Plenty of bands out there change it up a fair bit more night to night (with the caveat that changes to order rather than different songs are harder to quantify) and plenty don't change at all.

Out of sheer curiosity I just did a quick check of the arena shows I saw on Vertigo - the three Boston gigs in May 2005. 21-23 songs per night, total of 31 different songs across all three, each show had at least two songs that were only played that one night, and the third night had a significant setlist order change. I'll be interested to see if they manage 31 songs across any of the runs of 3-4 this tour, despite having a longer average set!

American Soul is way over the top with the flag drop. GOOYOW - obvious backing track moments, and I think that Bono was a little frustrated that a significant percentage of the crowd had a befuddled look on their face when he was prompting them to sing the “get out of your own way” part.

To each their own, but I was on the floor and Bono seemed pleasantly surprised we were all belting out the "ohs" on GOOYOW. He even popped out his IEMs to enjoy the moment. I don't think he was disappointed by that at all.

I'm not sure if there were monitor problems or what, though, but UTEOTW and Pride were both a mess.

I'm not sure if there were monitor problems or what, though, but UTEOTW and Pride were both a mess.

I didn't really notice Pride, but yeah... the final verse to UTEOTW had a bit in terms of timing issues. Seemed like they got back on track for the chorus and outro though.

Back
Top Bottom