Nashville Setlist Party - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 > Set Lists & Songs
Click Here to Login

Old 05-29-2018, 10:28 PM   #106
The Fly

Local Time: 05:40 PM
Maybe Guy O

holyyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 02:45 PM   #107
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFly View Post
Before the show an older guy in a suit came from the stage are with a small onterage . So many people were watching him some were taking photos with him. Does anyone know who he was?

Also during Cedarwood people in our section started sitting down. A girl behind me started throwing popcorn at me. I looked back and she told me to sit down. I decided to keep standing .
Hmmm. Not sure. What kind of suit was it?

I know Oprah, Al Gore and Ashley Judd were at the show (as Bono mentioned) but Scott Stapp was too! In the Red Zone directly behind us. I guess he's re-emerged from his troubles. Lots of folks taking pictures with him. I wonder if he was bummed Bono didn't mention him?

The show was great. My first (and most likely last) of the tour.

Only drawback was I think ending on 13 is weak as hell. Most people don't really seem familiar with the song and it's just kind of a wet fart at the end. Everything else was amazing holy shit. So much fun.

Oh one other thing... most people, especially on the floor don't bounce/dance/sing. They just stand like statues. It's so weird and off putting (I'm looking at you Mr. 46 shows man right behind me!). I was rocking out as much as I could though, much to the embarrassment of my wife.

Achtung Ya'll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 03:05 PM   #108
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achtung Ya'll View Post
I know Oprah, Al Gore and Ashley Judd were at the show (as Bono mentioned) but Scott Stapp was too! In the Red Zone directly behind us. I guess he's re-emerged from his troubles. Lots of folks taking pictures with him. I wonder if he was bummed Bono didn't mention him?
He didn't speak that highly of Bono during his infamous poker show appearance some years back, so I'd probably doubt it!

Not a huge fan of his myself, but I'm actually glad to hear that he seems to be doing much better these days. Seems like he was nice to the people at the show too, which is cool.
trevgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 11:35 PM   #109
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFly View Post
Before the show an older guy in a suit came from the stage are with a small onterage . So many people were watching him some were taking photos with him. Does anyone know who he was?

Also during Cedarwood people in our section started sitting down. A girl behind me started throwing popcorn at me. I looked back and she told me to sit down. I decided to keep standing .
That was Al Gore. He was with T-bone Burnett and Dennis Quaid
Hilarious to look up in the stands during Pride as he attempted to clap along, clearly out of rhythm.
drmjwilson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 10:41 AM   #110
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevgreg View Post
He didn't speak that highly of Bono during his infamous poker show appearance some years back, so I'd probably doubt it!

Not a huge fan of his myself, but I'm actually glad to hear that he seems to be doing much better these days. Seems like he was nice to the people at the show too, which is cool.
Ha yeah I was just joking (about Bono mentioning him). Not a fan either, but yeah I'm always glad for someone if they can pull out of a spiral.

Achtung Ya'll is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eitour, experience, innocence, nashville, setlist party