Nashville Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So Raised by Woovs is pretty much done now..

Yeah, I was kinda bummed to miss that one. It was one of the newer songs that had some BITE to it.

Also, it’s funny how nobody seems concerned about ABOY leaving the setlist...

How weird is it that the only variation from night to night is swapping Gloria and Red Flag Day? I was glad to have RFD, but dammit I wanted Gloria too!

You might have seen it under the Brooklyn Bridge, but you did not see U2 debut it live.

Its first live performance was over a month earlier in the city that inspired it: U2 London, 2004-10-15, BBC TV 'Top Of The Pops', How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb Promo Tour - U2 on tour

Wasn’t that top of the pops version just Bono singing to a backing track of the studio version? If that’s the case then technically the Brooklyn Bridge performance is the first real love one.

My first show of the tour, thought it was really solid. Better in person than on paper, that’s for sure.

Gloria was fuckin amazing. Acrobat was incredible. Staring at the Sun was my absolute favorite of the night. Elevation and Vertigo are fun as hell. New songs all sounded pretty solid. Innocence section repeat is lazy. 13 as a closer is as bad in person as I imagined, the wind being sucked out of the venue was palpable. Just play Streets bruhs.

Some flubs tonight. Edge and Lary we’re fighting rhythm in Iris, they missed the final cue in Vertigo, and they weren’t together when they launched into Pride in full.

A very solid show. The entire section on the e stage is worth the price of admission IMO, I loved that. A pretty solid atmosphere in the building, crowd was really good. Lots of celebs in the building as well.

My dad said it was his favorite show since the post-9/11 shows he saw. Said he’s a sucker for the political messages and loved that they weren’t afraid to address the elephant in the room head on (all lack of subtlety aside) brought him similar vibes to those shows.

Also, the sound was really good. Not too loud and very clear. Two thumbs up there. Forum in 2015 was way too loud. This was great.

Wasn’t that top of the pops version just Bono singing to a backing track of the studio version? If that’s the case then technically the Brooklyn Bridge performance is the first real love one.

They also did it in a set the next day, and even had to restart one song because Bono wasn't happy with it: U2 London, 2004-10-16, Riverside Studios, How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb Promo Tour - U2 on tour

And if Bono is singing live, then, well, you've just said it's live. If that doesn't count, when does a performance count? Because you could try to argue that songs like Lemon or Mofo have never been performed live.

They’re lazy. We’re dumb for thinking they’ll change.

They also did it in a set the next day, and even had to restart one song because Bono wasn't happy with it: U2 London, 2004-10-16, Riverside Studios, How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb Promo Tour - U2 on tour

And if Bono is singing live, then, well, you've just said it's live. If that doesn't count, when does a performance count? Because you could try to argue that songs like Lemon or Mofo have never been performed live.

Well techincally yes, Bono performed live, but Brooklyn was technically the first full band performance (and of the full song as if I recall correctly the BBC one was a shortened version). I would consider Lemon or Mofo different to this scenario, as in those obviously there is a very prominent pre-recorded track due to the nature of the songs, however all you can still hear Edge, Larry and Adam playing their parts live, while on that BBC show you could only hear Bono singing to a pre-recorded track.

Before the show an older guy in a suit came from the stage are with a small onterage . So many people were watching him some were taking photos with him. Does anyone know who he was?

Also during Cedarwood people in our section started sitting down. A girl behind me started throwing popcorn at me. I looked back and she told me to sit down. I decided to keep standing .

Before the show an older guy in a suit came from the stage are with a small onterage . So many people were watching him some were taking photos with him. Does anyone know who he was?

Also during Cedarwood people in our section started sitting down. A girl behind me started throwing popcorn at me. I looked back and she told me to sit down. I decided to keep standing .
I was camped at the e-stage so didn't see, but Al Gore was at the show, perhaps it was him?

Hmmm. Not sure. What kind of suit was it?

I know Oprah, Al Gore and Ashley Judd were at the show (as Bono mentioned) but Scott Stapp was too! In the Red Zone directly behind us. I guess he's re-emerged from his troubles. Lots of folks taking pictures with him. I wonder if he was bummed Bono didn't mention him?

The show was great. My first (and most likely last) of the tour.

Only drawback was I think ending on 13 is weak as hell. Most people don't really seem familiar with the song and it's just kind of a wet fart at the end. Everything else was amazing holy shit. So much fun.

Oh one other thing... most people, especially on the floor don't bounce/dance/sing. They just stand like statues. It's so weird and off putting (I'm looking at you Mr. 46 shows man right behind me!). I was rocking out as much as I could though, much to the embarrassment of my wife.

I know Oprah, Al Gore and Ashley Judd were at the show (as Bono mentioned) but Scott Stapp was too! In the Red Zone directly behind us. I guess he's re-emerged from his troubles. Lots of folks taking pictures with him. I wonder if he was bummed Bono didn't mention him?

He didn't speak that highly of Bono during his infamous poker show appearance some years back, so I'd probably doubt it!

Not a huge fan of his myself, but I'm actually glad to hear that he seems to be doing much better these days. Seems like he was nice to the people at the show too, which is cool.

That was Al Gore. He was with T-bone Burnett and Dennis Quaid
Hilarious to look up in the stands during Pride as he attempted to clap along, clearly out of rhythm.

He didn't speak that highly of Bono during his infamous poker show appearance some years back, so I'd probably doubt it!

Not a huge fan of his myself, but I'm actually glad to hear that he seems to be doing much better these days. Seems like he was nice to the people at the show too, which is cool.

Ha yeah I was just joking (about Bono mentioning him). Not a fan either, but yeah I'm always glad for someone if they can pull out of a spiral.

Back
Top Bottom