Milan #3 Setlist Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The energy of this setlist is OFF THE CHAIN compared to the North American shows! The Fly sent it into overdrive! Although, it makes the subdued end seem even more so. And although tour debut of The Fly, of course they had to deny me Landlady, lol. Maybe tomorrow night with Party Girl. ;) Band played great (flub on COBL notwithstanding) and Bono was in bono voice. I think I caught him looking at his watch though during COBL, hehe. Onwards to #100 tomorrow night!

They should just play the rest of AB. Why stop at 7 songs?

Then do an uber deluxe blu-ray / DVD release that contains this show (with a complete AB) and a JT 30 show (with a complete JT). Would be cool. A perfect bookend for these last 3 years.

Last edited:
Great to see The Fly in the set although it sounds like Larry got lost by the end of the song. A bit more rehearsing and a few more performances and it’ll be fine. It would be a pretty stunning capper to the tour if they play AB front to back for the last show.

Better stop blaming LMJ or he’s going to find you and kick your ass.

So, they are just abandoning the narrative of the show aren't they? Not that I'm complaining - great to see some rarities in the set list.

This definitely seems like them giving us the Zoo TV Tour/Achtung Baby 30th anniversary shows that we will never get.

Hmm - love the changes as a trainspotter, but have to say that in a bit disappointed if this is the only representation of the tour in DVD form.

The period from 2015-now culminates in this cohesive, flowing story from innocence to experience, and the show released won’t portray that.

Wishful thinking, but a release that cover ms a JT30 show, and a show from each leg of this tour (because the sets are now quite different) would be ideal, and totally unrealistic

Hmm - love the changes as a trainspotter, but have to say that in a bit disappointed if this is the only representation of the tour in DVD form.

The period from 2015-now culminates in this cohesive, flowing story from innocence to experience, and the show released won’t portray that.

Wishful thinking, but a release that cover ms a JT30 show, and a show from each leg of this tour (because the sets are now quite different) would be ideal, and totally unrealistic

What happened to the recorded DC show?

great visuals but, uh sorry, it did not sound great at all, Bono mumbling, band off sync and why the f were they doing this up in the screen? this tune needs to be played down on the main stage.

but good on them for finally (too late?) abandoning the lame early set lists.

So, they are just abandoning the narrative of the show aren't they? Not that I'm complaining - great to see some rarities in the set list.

I don't see it as them abandoning the narrative of the show, but changing it. Yes, the Innocence part is now gone. It was a repeat of 2015 so that part of the story has been told. Instead, they now go to the early Nineties. They have grown up, are becoming men. And find out that whereas the world seems to get together (a bit) with the fall of The Wall, etc. they themselves seem to be growing apart.

It might not be as strong a narrative as the Innocence one, but they are still very much telling a story. Their story.

Seriously nobody goes to a rock show for a narrative. It’s the kind of thing that gets air time in a forum but which has no real world relevance. Too much talk about narratives.

I saw a U2 cover band last summer. I liked their “narrative”, which was playing U2 songs. IWF into Gloria into BD into Desire into Te Fly into Vertigo into Real Thing into Electric Co into NYD, etc. I realized I want U2 to do a show like this. Just play U2 sons with no narrative. Elevation was like that.

Back
Top Bottom