Milan #2 Setlist Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:up: Word has it there's going to be a tour debut tonight, before One. Hope whatever it is, they do again Mon./Tues., lol.

Oh hey, Landlady finally decides to show up!

Mediolanum Forum - Milan, Italy - October 12, 2018

---------- It's a Beautiful World / The Great Dictator ----------
01 - The Blackout
02 - Lights of Home
03 - I Will Follow
04 - All Because of You
05 - Beautiful Day
06 - Zoo Station
07 - Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
08 - Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
---------- INTERMISSION: Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (Gotham Experience Remix) ----------
09 - Elevation
10 - Vertigo
11 - Even Better Than the Real Thing
12 - Acrobat
13 - You're the Best Thing About Me
14 - Summer of Love
15 - Pride (In the Name of Love)
16 - Get Out of Your Own Way
17 - New Year's Day
18 - Ode to Joy (snippet) / City of Blinding Lights
---------- Women of the World ----------
19 - Landlady

More like before One. Came after Women of the World. I would have tuned in but I want to stay fresh for Monday and Tuesday!

Did they do Women Of The World??? I guess I wasn’t paying super attention. I heard him say they were going to play a new song for their wives and I figured it was going to be I will follow

Mediolanum Forum - Milan, Italy - October 12, 2018

---------- It's a Beautiful World / The Great Dictator ----------
01 - The Blackout
02 - Lights of Home
03 - I Will Follow
04 - All Because of You
05 - Beautiful Day
06 - Zoo Station
07 - Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
08 - Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
---------- INTERMISSION: Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (Gotham Experience Remix) ----------
09 - Elevation
10 - Vertigo
11 - Even Better Than the Real Thing
12 - Acrobat
13 - You're the Best Thing About Me
14 - Summer of Love
15 - Pride (In the Name of Love)
16 - Get Out of Your Own Way
17 - New Year's Day
18 - Ode to Joy (snippet) / City of Blinding Lights
---------- Women of the World ----------
19 - Landlady
20 - One
21 - Love is Bigger Than Anything in It's Way
22 - 13 (There is a Light)

So Dirty Day was actually rehearsed? That’s a song I always thought they should’ve played more than 10 times.

I’m so glad I got Red Flag Day instead of ABOY. That’s one of the few U2 songs I actually don’t really like.

I got ABOY at 5 of the 9 shows I saw on the N. American leg, Gloria three times, and Electric Co. once. And they weren't actually performing ABOY well until late in the leg.

ABOY is fine - serves its purpose in the set. I just wish RFD was a permanent fixture. It’s awesome, and always well received.

ABOY is fine - serves its purpose in the set. I just wish RFD was a permanent fixture. It’s awesome, and always well received.

Yeah, it’s a little disappointing it’s taken a backseat after being so prominent early in this leg.

Landlady - a terrible idea for a song on paper, lovely in practice. Glad they played it!

I think now Bono will forever associate RFD as the song that broke his voice, and he’ll be afraid to sing it.

Landlady was very cool, good slot too, I guess all we are technically missing live now is The Showman to make its appearance. Perhaps soon in prep for a later debut and I think Willie said Berlin will be recorded on 11/13 with totally different songs from the 2015 show that was recorded so we will have to compare/contrast that show with this show to see what else may be dropped.

If that’s literally the case they would need to replace 8 more songs, but I’m thinking Willie means SOE songs in place of SOI songs which they’ve already done, should be interesting.

Landlady was very cool, good slot too, I guess all we are technically missing live now is The Showman to make its appearance. Perhaps soon in prep for a later debut and I think Willie said Berlin will be recorded on 11/13 with totally different songs from the 2015 show that was recorded so we will have to compare/contrast that show with this show to see what else may be dropped.

Not sure why Little Things hasn’t made its tour debut yet. Pretty universally regarded as the best song on the album, no?

I think that when they closed the JT shows with Little Things, their feelings got hurt when they saw droves of casual fans headed for the exits. So I think they lost their faith in the song of something.

They should’ve maybe opened the encore with it, then carried on with the hits parade of elevation, BD, Vertigo, MW, One, IWF, etc. Ending a concert meant to attract casual fans with an unreleased new song that’s a bit of a slow burner was not a good idea, hence the reason they stopped doing it. I was hoping to hear it at my show in Cleveland, but no dice.

Back
Top Bottom