Manchester #2 Setlist Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

prbiker15

Blue Crack Addict
The road to November 13th continues.

giphy.gif

u2gigs is on Mixlr. Mixlr is a simple way to share live audio onli...

Just got in and there’s one person infront of me on the barrier for the screen [emoji16]

I can’t blame you.

They’re starting, bring it on lads.

Manchester Arena - Manchester, England - October 20, 2018

---------- It's a Beautiful World / The Great Dictator ----------
01 - The Blackout

Sorry guys, no Red Flag for you.

01 - The Blackout
02 - Lights of Home
03 - I Will Follow
04 - All Because of You
05 - Beautiful Day

Ooooooooh. A switcheroonie in the setlist. Maybe something new...

What the hell, U2...always pull this shit on me when I think I got it all figured out.

01 - The Blackout
02 - Lights of Home
03 - I Will Follow
04 - All Because of You
05 - Beautiful Day / Here Comes the Sun (snippet)
06 - Zoo Station
07 - The Fly

I guess they liked Wild Horses leading into intermission better than The Fly. Unless something else shows up...

01 - The Blackout
02 - Lights of Home
03 - I Will Follow
04 - All Because of You
06 - Zoo Station
07 - The Fly
08 - Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
09 - Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
---------- INTERMISSION: Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (Gotham Experience Remix) ----------
10 - Elevation
11 - Vertigo / Ever Fallen in Love (With Someone You Shouldn't've) [snippet]
12 - Even Better Than the Real Thing

Some different snippets, for once.

Good night, Manchester.
London calling...

01 - The Blackout
02 - Lights of Home
03 - I Will Follow
04 - All Because of You
06 - Zoo Station
07 - The Fly
08 - Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
09 - Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
---------- INTERMISSION: Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (Gotham Experience Remix) ----------
10 - Elevation
11 - Vertigo / Ever Fallen in Love (With Someone You Shouldn't've) [snippet]
12 - Even Better Than the Real Thing
13 - Acrobat
14 - The Showman (Little More Better) [snippet] / You're the Best Thing About Me
15 - Summer of Love
16 - Pride (In the Name of Love)
17 - Get Out of Your Own Way
18 - New Year's Day
19 - Ode to Joy (snippet) / City of Blinding Lights
---------- Women of the World ----------
20 - One
21 - Love is Bigger Than Anything in It's Way
22 - 13 (There is a Light)

Zoo Station and The Fly both in the setlist always looked odd not being played one after the other. Maybe they wanted to commit to keeping The Fly in the set before making such a move.

I thought Stay worked great after Zoo Station because it gave time for the band to move to the barricage. Wonder how it worked with The Fly right after it.

Too bad they seem to have ditched "Landlady", and that "Red Flag Day" has been demoted to OCCASIONAL status.

Someone wrote on Twitter that edge started One too soon. It’s possible Landlady was supposed to be played. Maybe we’ll get a picture of the set list in the next day or so.

Unbelievable show, but you get nothing less from u2.

I was on the floor and I reckon you could have doubled the number of people in there, it was really sparse. It did effect me at the start as I prefer it rammed but it did give me the opportunity to walk to the b stage then back up to the main stage depending where the band stood. My wife loved it cause she hates being in a tight crowd.

The beginning was superb, lights of home was known by nearly everyone on the floor. The new songs seemed to be known by everyone round by me. They went down really well. I even enjoyed the best thing arrangement.

All because of you was superb aswell, a lot better then I thought it would be. Got a great reaction and everyone round me knew the words. Think you forget how well those bomb singles did here. Vertigo 1 sometimes you can’t make it on your own 1 city of blinding lights 2 ( I think) and all because of you 5 ( I think) . It was a top 5 single here, that era in the uk was massive for u2

Zoostation through to horses was the highlight for me. I had my usual u2 gig emotional moment during stay and horses. The band were so close to me, I did tear up I must admit.

Elevation again. I say it every time I see them , to everyone that moans it’s still in the set just look at the reaction it gets when it’s played. Up there with the best reactions of the night.

The Eu flag with the Union Jack and love heart was a nice touch. Think adding the Union Jack and the love heart made it less of a stay in statement

The gig didn’t miss or need the Joshua tree tracks

At the minute. My opinion does change over time I’d easily put it up there against the i&e shows.

Onto London Tuesday . With a friend that first saw u2 on the Joshua tree tour in 87. I got into them in 2000. Can’t wait

I was on the floor and I reckon you could have doubled the number of people in there, it was really sparse. It did effect me at the start as I prefer it rammed but it did give me the opportunity to walk to the b stage then back up to the main stage depending where the band stood. My wife loved it cause she hates being in a tight crowd.

The beginning was superb, lights of home was known by nearly everyone on the floor. The new songs seemed to be known by everyone round by me. They went down really well. I even enjoyed the best thing arrangement.

All because of you was superb aswell, a lot better then I thought it would be. Got a great reaction and everyone round me knew the words. Think you forget how well those bomb singles did here. Vertigo 1 sometimes you can’t make it on your own 1 city of blinding lights 2 ( I think) and all because of you 5 ( I think) . It was a top 5 single here, that era in the uk was massive for u2

Zoostation through to horses was the highlight for me. I had my usual u2 gig emotional moment during stay and horses. The band were so close to me, I did tear up I must admit.

Elevation again. I say it every time I see them , to everyone that moans it’s still in the set just look at the reaction it gets when it’s played. Up there with the best reactions of the night.

The Eu flag with the Union Jack and love heart was a nice touch. Think adding the Union Jack and the love heart made it less of a stay in statement

At the minute. My opinion does change over time I’d easily put it up there against the i&e shows.

Onto London Tuesday . With a friend that first saw u2 on the Joshua tree tour in 87. I got into them in 2000. Can’t wait
Spot on with everything you say,wasn't a weak song in the set. Even get out of your own way was epic! My girlfriend who is a casual U2 fan at best says it was epic.

My wife who isn’t even a casual fan she just comes for the weekend away and meals out :) and she said it was probably the best she has seen them

I was there and agree with you completely.. amazing gig but like you I missed a crowded floor of fans. I can only assume that Manchester Arena have put a heavy restriction on the GA space given the recent tragedy, which is understandable.

Did they play every song on the album live at some point in full (past two tours) with the exception of Showman?

I was there and agree with you completely.. amazing gig but like you I missed a crowded floor of fans. I can only assume that Manchester Arena have put a heavy restriction on the GA space given the recent tragedy, which is understandable.

That’s the only thing I could think of cause the floor was sold out both nights. I must admit it was nice moving about from main stage, to middle rail to b stage. Never ever had the chance to do that. When they came on I did think what the hells going on though. I think I could have literally lied down on the floor (I’m 6/1) and not touch the person behind me

Back
Top Bottom