Manchester #2 Setlist Thread - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 > Set Lists & Songs
Click Here to Login

Old 10-20-2018, 07:59 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 10:41 AM
Someone wrote on Twitter that edge started One too soon. It’s possible Landlady was supposed to be played. Maybe we’ll get a picture of the set list in the next day or so.

DRay9911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 01:49 AM   #17
Refugee

Local Time: 06:41 PM
What a show,met a Dutch guy and his 17 year old son who first seen them when he was 7. We sang our hearts out,what a show!

super fly guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 02:35 AM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 05:41 PM
Unbelievable show, but you get nothing less from u2.

I was on the floor and I reckon you could have doubled the number of people in there, it was really sparse. It did effect me at the start as I prefer it rammed but it did give me the opportunity to walk to the b stage then back up to the main stage depending where the band stood. My wife loved it cause she hates being in a tight crowd.

The beginning was superb, lights of home was known by nearly everyone on the floor. The new songs seemed to be known by everyone round by me. They went down really well. I even enjoyed the best thing arrangement.

All because of you was superb aswell, a lot better then I thought it would be. Got a great reaction and everyone round me knew the words. Think you forget how well those bomb singles did here. Vertigo 1 sometimes you can’t make it on your own 1 city of blinding lights 2 ( I think) and all because of you 5 ( I think) . It was a top 5 single here, that era in the uk was massive for u2

Zoostation through to horses was the highlight for me. I had my usual u2 gig emotional moment during stay and horses. The band were so close to me, I did tear up I must admit.

Elevation again. I say it every time I see them , to everyone that moans it’s still in the set just look at the reaction it gets when it’s played. Up there with the best reactions of the night.

The Eu flag with the Union Jack and love heart was a nice touch. Think adding the Union Jack and the love heart made it less of a stay in statement

The gig didn’t miss or need the Joshua tree tracks

At the minute. My opinion does change over time I’d easily put it up there against the i&e shows.

Onto London Tuesday . With a friend that first saw u2 on the Joshua tree tour in 87. I got into them in 2000. Can’t wait
rennowba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 03:07 AM   #19
New Yorker

Local Time: 07:41 PM
Yahweh_OMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 03:09 AM   #20
Refugee

Local Time: 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rennowba View Post

I was on the floor and I reckon you could have doubled the number of people in there, it was really sparse. It did effect me at the start as I prefer it rammed but it did give me the opportunity to walk to the b stage then back up to the main stage depending where the band stood. My wife loved it cause she hates being in a tight crowd.

The beginning was superb, lights of home was known by nearly everyone on the floor. The new songs seemed to be known by everyone round by me. They went down really well. I even enjoyed the best thing arrangement.

All because of you was superb aswell, a lot better then I thought it would be. Got a great reaction and everyone round me knew the words. Think you forget how well those bomb singles did here. Vertigo 1 sometimes you can’t make it on your own 1 city of blinding lights 2 ( I think) and all because of you 5 ( I think) . It was a top 5 single here, that era in the uk was massive for u2

Zoostation through to horses was the highlight for me. I had my usual u2 gig emotional moment during stay and horses. The band were so close to me, I did tear up I must admit.

Elevation again. I say it every time I see them , to everyone that moans it’s still in the set just look at the reaction it gets when it’s played. Up there with the best reactions of the night.

The Eu flag with the Union Jack and love heart was a nice touch. Think adding the Union Jack and the love heart made it less of a stay in statement

At the minute. My opinion does change over time I’d easily put it up there against the i&e shows.

Onto London Tuesday . With a friend that first saw u2 on the Joshua tree tour in 87. I got into them in 2000. Can’t wait
Spot on with everything you say,wasn't a weak song in the set. Even get out of your own way was epic! My girlfriend who is a casual U2 fan at best says it was epic.
super fly guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 06:48 AM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie

My wife who isn’t even a casual fan she just comes for the weekend away and meals out :-) and she said it was probably the best she has seen them
Old 10-21-2018, 07:09 AM   #22
New Yorker

Quote:
It did effect me at the start as I prefer it rammed

That’s what she said
Gonna Run 2 U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 12:39 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonna Run 2 U View Post
That’s what she said

Old 10-21-2018, 12:48 PM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:41 PM
Glad you guys had a great time and caught this show at it’s best.
prbiker15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 12:14 AM   #25
Jim
Refugee

Quote:

I was there and agree with you completely.. amazing gig but like you I missed a crowded floor of fans. I can only assume that Manchester Arena have put a heavy restriction on the GA space given the recent tragedy, which is understandable.
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 08:51 AM   #26
The Fly

Local Time: 01:41 PM
Did they play every song on the album live at some point in full (past two tours) with the exception of Showman?
Zephyrpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 11:14 AM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyrpilot View Post
Did they play every song on the album live at some point in full (past two tours) with the exception of Showman?

Yes. The completist in me is going crazy!
The_acrobat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 11:35 AM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
I was there and agree with you completely.. amazing gig but like you I missed a crowded floor of fans. I can only assume that Manchester Arena have put a heavy restriction on the GA space given the recent tragedy, which is understandable.

That’s the only thing I could think of cause the floor was sold out both nights. I must admit it was nice moving about from main stage, to middle rail to b stage. Never ever had the chance to do that. When they came on I did think what the hells going on though. I think I could have literally lied down on the floor (I’m 6/1) and not touch the person behind me

Tags
england, experience, innocence, manchester, party, setlist, thread, tour, u2