Los Angeles #2 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And as I've said elsewhere, two shows is *perfect* for this tour. One on the floor, one in a good seat.

That's my strategy.

Was on the floor for St Louis.

Will be upper level for the show in Atlanta.

I'm trying to stay positive. I had a great time at both shows I went to. Glad I didn't scoop up more tickets, but I'm glad I saw it twice.

Before the tour started, U2's insta and twitter said "Nothing to stop this being the best tour ever", but they really should have said "This is a tour-or-or for someone". And that someone is Bono. This isn't a tour for the hardcore, despite being thrown Acrobat and mentions of Pop. This isn't a tour for the casual, confused by 13 and missing Streets. This is a tour so Bono can stage a Broadway production about his life (not even the band's life).

I genuinely hope he gets some catharsis from this. As someone who loves both SoI and SoE, I'm moved. But the sum of the whole isn't as good as it's parts for anyone but Bono.

I disagree. It may be from his perspective, I mean he is the main storyteller, and it would be silly to sing songs about Adam’s wife or children, but the themes are universal enough that they work as a band story. Plus there’s the intermission animation, which I’d like to explore more, I’ve only really watched it once.

I disagree. It may be from his perspective, I mean he is the main storyteller, and it would be silly to sing songs about Adam’s wife or children, but the themes are universal enough that they work as a band story. Plus there’s the intermission animation, which I’d like to explore more, I’ve only really watched it once.

I didn't expect that intermission to be so narratively critical in linking The Ocean-UTEOTW with Elevation-TBT. It makes it one story which is fascinating.

Back
Top Bottom