Los Angeles #1 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Forum - Los Angeles, CA - May 15, 2018

---------- It's a Beautiful World / MRI ----------
01 - Love is All We Have Left
02 - The Blackout
03 - Lights of Home
04 - I Will Follow
05 - Red Flag Day
06 - Gloria / Van Morrison's Gloria (snippet)
07 - Beautiful Day
08 - The Ocean
09 - Iris (Hold Me Close)
10 - Cedarwood Road
11 - Sunday Bloody Sunday / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
12 - Raised by Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
13 - Until the End of the World / Alabama Song (snippet)
---------- INTERMISSION: Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (Gavin Friday Mix) ----------
14 - Elevation
15 - Vertigo / The Jean Genie (snippet)
16 - Desire
17 - Sympathy for the Devil (snippet) / Acrobat
18 - You're the Best Thing About Me
19 - Staring at the Sun
20 - This is Not America (snippet) / Pride (In the Name of Love)

When did we decide to count This Is Not America as a snippet at the start of Pride? I wasn't here for the opening night of tour, so I wasn't handling U2gigs then. I don't know the Bowie song, but after checking the lyrics the only commonality is "this is not America", no other lines. Bono seems to be comparing the KKK, "not America", to... whatever the other images are, I forget now, civil rights marches? Is it even a song reference, in that case. It seems more like a speech where the similarity is coincidental.

When did we decide to count This Is Not America as a snippet at the start of Pride? I wasn't here for the opening night of tour, so I wasn't handling U2gigs then. I don't know the Bowie song, but after checking the lyrics the only commonality is "this is not America", no other lines. Bono seems to be comparing the KKK, "not America", to... whatever the other images are, I forget now, civil rights marches? Is it even a song reference, in that case. It seems more like a speech where the similarity is coincidental.
Ooooohhhh, I'm just going by this:

U2 This Is Not America snippets in Pride (In the Name of Love) - U2 on tour

Yeah, exactly. I haven't added it for tonight's show. I put it in for San Jose and Vegas just because, well, that's what we'd done so far. I only thought it check it for myself tonight.

I'll have to listen to the actual song after this gig ends.

02 - The Blackout
03 - Lights of Home
04 - I Will Follow
05 - Red Flag Day
07 - Beautiful Day
08 - The Ocean
10 - Cedarwood Road
13 - Until the End of the World / Alabama Song (snippet)
---------- INTERMISSION: Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (Gavin Friday Mix) ----------
14 - Elevation
16 - Desire
19 - Staring at the Sun
20 - Pride (In the Name of Love)
21 - Get Out of Your Own Way
22 - American Soul
23 - City of Blinding Lights

Though speaking of snippets, you've missed one from tonight that we've got. :wink:

Introduction, at the end of UTEOTW.

02 - The Blackout
03 - Lights of Home
04 - I Will Follow
05 - Red Flag Day
07 - Beautiful Day
08 - The Ocean
10 - Cedarwood Road
13 - Until the End of the World / Alabama Song (snippet) / Introduction (snippet)
14 - Elevation
16 - Desire
19 - Staring at the Sun
22 - American Soul
---------- Women of the World ----------
24 - One

At least 13 helps me sleep faster. :D

02 - The Blackout
03 - Lights of Home
04 - I Will Follow
05 - Red Flag Day
07 - Beautiful Day
08 - The Ocean
10 - Cedarwood Road
13 - Until the End of the World / Alabama Song (snippet) / Introduction (snippet)
14 - Elevation
16 - Desire
19 - Staring at the Sun
22 - American Soul
---------- Women of the World ----------
24 - Women of the World (snippet) / One / Invisible (snippet)
25 - Love is Bigger Than Anything in It's Way
26 - 13 (There is a Light)

Still needs The Showman and Wild Horses. But value seats for the win.

IMG_4833.JPG

Bonus of listening to / enduring a certain person’s mixlr was hearing her, in real time, pushing people out of the way during 13 in order to get out of the venue and be checked in for next night’s line up. Couldn’t believe my ears. She also explained how she had to defend her territory when she left the main stage to stake out the e-stage for Acrobat and she then had trouble getting back to her front rail spot. Unbelievable.

Last edited:
Report from the floor: that was one helluva show. GA in the Edge-Side “armpit” of the e stage gave some great views. They sounded fantastic and the crowd around me was really into it. Of the 4 shows I’ve been to, this may have been my favorite. It’s a full and complete thematic experience. Hell, even the Acrobat-Best Thing transition worked. The new songs sounded great (even American Soul!). SATS with the Charlottesville images was the most powerful moment for me. One critique is I think they should be playing Streets in COBL’s slot. And stick something before One in the encore. Otherwise, I retract my previous setlist complaints (including recycling the iNNOCENCE suite). Sure it may stay static and this is boring for us at home, but the show has a huge impact live. Keep it up boys. No legacy acts here.

Oh, and #something

Last edited:
Bonus of listening / enduring a certain person’s mixlr was hearing her, in real time, pushing people out of the way during 13 in order to get out of the venue and be checked in for next night’s line up. Couldn’t believe my ears. She also explained how she had to defend her territory when she left the main stage to stake out the e-stage for Acrobat and she then had trouble getting back to her front rail spot. Unbelievable.
This is not America

I can't wait to find out how she pleads or steals her way into the SiriusXM gig.

Report from the floor: that was one helluva show. GA in the Edge-Side “armpit” of the e stage gave some great views. They sounded fantastic and the crowd around me was really into it. Of the 4 shows I’ve been to, this may have been my favorite. It’s a full and complete thematic experience. Hell, even the Acrobat-Best Thing transition worked. The new songs sounded great (even American Soul!). SATS with the Charlottesville images was the most powerful moment for me. One critique is I think they should be playing Streets in COBL’s slot. And stick something before One in the encore. Otherwise, I retract my previous setlist complaints (including recycling the iNNOCENCE suite). Sure it may stay static and this is boring for us at home, but the show has a huge impact live. Keep it up boys. No legacy acts here.

Oh, and #something

100% this. We were on Adam's side at the e-stage and the people around us were totally into it, and the band seemed to be loving it.

Bonus of listening to / enduring a certain person’s mixlr was hearing her, in real time, pushing people out of the way during 13 in order to get out of the venue and be checked in for next night’s line up. Couldn’t believe my ears. She also explained how she had to defend her territory when she left the main stage to stake out the e-stage for Acrobat and she then had trouble getting back to her front rail spot. Unbelievable.

that is seriously messed up :lol:

And you know it's time to go
Through the seats all in a row
Across the floors of standing
The rail in the distance
And you hunger for the line
Lines to lead, desire lines
And casuals are beneath your own dream fanscape

So far first show in Tulsa had best set list.

Last edited:
I just realized they haven’t played ABOY in 4 shows. I’d rather have Red Flag Day and/or Gloria any day... I think most people agree, including the band.

Haha, yeah, practically nobody has remarked on the absence of ABOY. Plenty of panic about WGRYWH, and just one show without Red Flag Day elicited a lot of comment, but just like its gradual disappearance in 2005-06, ABOY has had few mourners.

There’s 3 songs off the new album (Summer, Showman, Little Things) that I think would go over just as well as RFD if they’d drop them into the set list. U2’s late era material really isn’t that bad.

Replace Pride / Get Out / Am Soul with those three and I'd be happy.

Back
Top Bottom