Lisbon #1 Setlist Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

prbiker15

Blue Crack Addict
They will be running on Portuguese/Spanish time for the next 4 shows, so expect a slightly later start time than usual.

These parties use to have more people. Even U2gigs gave up following this tour.

It’s partly that this tour has been the most boring tour to follow since Popmart. But also, I feel like message forums in general are kind of winding down as a relevant format for online discussion. Most bands don’t even have forums anymore. It’s mostly just a band tweets what they’re doing, and the fans just comment under “COOOOOL!!”

It’s definitely the downfall of message boards + not much setlist variation.

Altice Arena - Lisbon, Portugal - September 16, 2018

---------- It's a Beautiful World / The Great Dictator ----------
01 - The Blackout
02 - Lights of Home
03 - I Will Follow
04 - Red Flag Day
05 - Beautiful Day
06 - The Ocean
07 - Iris (Hold Me Close)
08 - Cedarwood Road
09 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
10 - Until the End of the World
---------- INTERMISSION: Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (Gavin Friday Mix) ----------
11 - Elevation
12 - Vertigo
13 - Even Better Than the Real Thing
14 - Acrobat
15 - You're the Best Thing About Me
16 - Summer of Love
17 - Pride (In the Name of Love)
18 - Get Out of Your Own Way
19 - New Year's Day
20 - Ode to Joy (snippet) / City of Blinding Lights
---------- Women of the World ----------
21 - One
22 - Love is Bigger Than Anything in It's Way
23 - 13 (There is a Light)

It’s partly that this tour has been the most boring tour to follow since Popmart. But also, I feel like message forums in general are kind of winding down as a relevant format for online discussion. Most bands don’t even have forums anymore. It’s mostly just a band tweets what they’re doing, and the fans just comment under “COOOOOL!!”

It’s kind of that along with the rise of Reddit as a centralized forum for everything, right? I think U2 has a subreddit, but not sure how good it is.

Kind of sad, though, the decline of forums, even if Reddit is somewhat of a replacement. The sort of community that’s here and in other forums that extends to off-topic discussion (see: FYM) is neat, and positive when the internet (arguably especially Reddit) is teaming with trash. I’m glad Interference exists and I hope it still has a bit of time left, but sad to see forums decline broadly.

It's the lack of setlist variation. These stretched on for like 10+ pages at the beginning of this tour when we thought we'd be getting more. Sure, not crazy numbers but people would be here if it was interesting.

Back
Top Bottom