How many JT songs on SOE tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Your decimal point needs to be shifted one number over

0.05 JT songs? You reckon they'll only play something from JT once every twenty shows?

Oh, wait, one number the other way...

Or did I mean that they'll play Womanfish at every show ;)

HANGMAN HANG, HANGMAN HANG FOR ME
HANGMAN HANG, HANGMAN HANG FROM YOUR OWN TREE

clf

They are never gonna drop Streets or WOWY. I personally hope they don’t. Also would be great to hear In God’s Country, One Tree Hill and Exit again.

They are never gonna drop Streets or WOWY. I personally hope they don’t. Also would be great to hear In God’s Country, One Tree Hill and Exit again.

They dropped WOWY for significant portions of Elevation and Vertigo, so it's definitely a possible exclusion.

The only tours on which WOWY has not missed a single show are Popmart, IE, and - of course - JT30. It also missed just one on both JT (opening night!) and 360.

Would be nice if they realized how epic Exit was and keep it as the "heart of darkness" stunner.

I wouldn't mind not hearing streets this tour,only if they played exit instead!

I understand your strong sentiment, wanting so badly for Exit to be played.

But no Streets at a U2 concert is like telling a story but having no climax at this point.

Let's hope they do both!

I understand your strong sentiment, wanting so badly for Exit to be played.

But no Streets at a U2 concert is like telling a story but having no climax at this point.

Let's hope they do both!
Would love both,suppose I'm looking at from the view that I have seen streets performed 5 times. So not seeing this tour wouldn't bother me,but from a casual fans point of view,they want to hear it.

Honestly it seems to me that those most militant about Streets being played are the hardcore fans, often those who've seen it many times already.

Personally, I love the song but I've seen it enough, I wouldn't be too sad if it missed a gig I saw. On the other hand there are a whole bunch of other regulars I'd much prefer to miss out on.

As someone who has only been to one U2 show, I would have been gutted if they didn't play Streets. They won't ever drop it.

They might do some JT “make-up” performance for St Louis but for the most part I think they’ll back off of those songs like Edge mentioned it would make sense to do.

I love Streets, but I wouldn't complain too much if it missed a gig that I was at. But if they're going to drop a standard, it needs to be Pride. I get so bored during that song. IMO, Pride is a song that never was able to capture the ambiance and magic of the album version in a live setting. Live, it just kind of became an audience singalong moment.

I love Streets, but I wouldn't complain too much if it missed a gig that I was at. But if they're going to drop a standard, it needs to be Pride. I get so bored during that song. IMO, Pride is a song that never was able to capture the ambiance and magic of the album version in a live setting. Live, it just kind of became an audience singalong moment.

Yep. I keep forgetting they even played it on the JT30 Tour. Twice I entered setlists into U2gigs where I just forgot to include it.

It's got to go. I've seen one show without it in the setlist and nobody cared.

I know it's played at every gig - but you can't drop Streets imo. The intro is the most dramatic and epic moment of every U2 gig.

It would be good for them to include some of the lesser played tracks off JT that they played during the JT30 tour - such as Trip Through Your Wires, Red Hill, Exit etc.

I'd also like them to pull out Desire and Angel of Harlem more often.

But if they're going to drop a standard, it needs to be Pride. I get so bored during that song. IMO, Pride is a song that never was able to capture the ambiance and magic of the album version in a live setting. Live, it just kind of became an audience singalong moment.

I completely agree, but given the state of the world and the band’s views on it, I think every hit with a message will be in the set this tour. No way do they drop Pride next year.

Pride sounded great on SOI tour. Full energy from the band but it needs to go.

I know they won't drop the JT songs but after this past tour I kind of see U2 going full circle with those songs. For 30 years they celebrated those songs and performed them at a high level this past summer.

No way does Pride need to leave the set. It’s still is an incredibly powerful moment when they play it live. Bono does a remarkable job live these days on the vocals too. They are playing is superbly well on the last couple of tours and it’s one of their biggest tunes ever. It has to stay

I think Pride sounded great on the last two tours (of course, I'm the one guy who thought the Pride-Streets transition this last tour worked), but I wouldn't mind if it was dropped at the e+i show I attend.

What about some of the R&H songs like Hawkmoon, God Part II and maybe even the first live performance of Heartland?

Hawkmoon and Heartland: Every. Damn. Night.

Not sure who'd sing it after the first 5 shows, but still.

Back
Top Bottom