Hamburg #2 Setlist Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks like it’s now worth coming back in here.

Zoo Station was strange yesterday the way they played it off a Bono ramble.

Maybe tonight they play Fly on the main stage and the other three in the screen.

I’m all for these changes. But seriously, WTF happened to them all the sudden?

They finally realized it was time to let Ocean, Iris, SBS and UTEOW go.

Love me some Zoo Station, but is it too early to declare The Unforgettable Fire dead?

Now that they have decided to open things up, I’d be willing to bet it’s played in Milan. Not as sure about Amsterdam.

I like UTEOW a lot, especially the 2015/2018 versions. But if they are going to drop the others, it makes sense to drop it as well.

So, for those catching up:

1. The Blackout
2. Lights Of Home
3. I Will Follow
4. Gloria
5. Beautiful Day
6. Zoo Station
7. Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
8. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
----
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (intermission)

Interested to see what they play in Amsterdam now. My bettings on the unforgettable fire coming back in for zoostation

2 weeks Saturday for me [emoji16]

Hopefully with 4 nights in Milan they will play UF. I thought it sounded great in Copenhagen videos. Hopefully the fly shows up at some point too.

I agree the Ocean - UTEOTW was getting to be a bit redundant. Still wish they’d occasionally play those songs, though. RBW—> UTEOTW was a killer combo!

Iris, RBW and UTEOTW were really good. They should have stayed.
SBS, Ocean and Cederwood needed to be rested long time ago.

Anyway... never happy i Guess. At least they move things up...

As good as that soi sequence was I didn’t really feel the need to see it again. I would have definitely kept until the end of the world though. Arguably U2’s greatest live song

Hopefully with 4 nights in Milan they will play UF. I thought it sounded great in Copenhagen videos. Hopefully the fly shows up at some point too.

I agree the Ocean - UTEOTW was getting to be a bit redundant. Still wish they’d occasionally play those songs, though. RBW—> UTEOTW was a killer combo!

I’m happy I got the version with Raised By Wolves still in there and after watching the Zoo Station through Horses suite I prefer what I got, but I would never complain if I got to see Zoo Station / Unforgettable Fire and full-band Stay live.

All these Achtung baby songs being played or rehearsed. They are obviously gearing up to play the whole album at the re-scheduled Berlin show:sexywink:

Barclaycard Arena - Hamburg, Germany - October 4, 2018

---------- It's a Beautiful World / The Great Dictator ----------
01 - The Blackout
02 - Lights of Home
03 - I Will Follow
04 - Gloria
05 - Beautiful Day
06 - Zoo Station
07 - Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
08 - Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
---------- INTERMISSION: Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (Gavin Friday Mix) ----------
09 - Elevation
10 - Vertigo
11 - Even Better Than the Real Thing
12 - Acrobat
13 - You're the Best Thing About Me
14 - Summer of Love
15 - Pride (In the Name of Love)
16 - Get Out of Your Own Way
17 - New Year's Day
18 - Ode to Joy (snippet) / City of Blinding Lights
---------- Women of the World ----------
19 - One
20 - Love is Bigger Than Anything in It's Way
21 - 13 (There is a Light)

All these Achtung baby songs being played or rehearsed. They are obviously gearing up to play the whole album at the re-scheduled Berlin show:sexywink:

Seeing the Edge play his Les Paul so much has me excited about the return of Achtung Baby and Zooropa songs (and a possible Zoo anniversary tour), as well as the possibility of him reminding himself how many good songs and (ugh, I hate to use the phrase) good mojo he’s wrangled out of that thing over the years. Maybe they’ll go and dream it all up again... again, after this tour concludes.

I’m going night 2 in Manchester and I would be very happy with that set.

Glad to see them changing things up a little. Most unexpected considering the trajectory of the tour up until now. My only complaint is would it kill them to keep Red Flag Day as a permanent fixture in the first set? Just seems like that first set is a little short and could use some slight beefing up, despite the awesome changes.

In my opinion RBW worked great on the album and even better live. I feel lucky I got to see it on this tour before they axed it. Cedarwood Road was a rousing number on the 2015 tour, but it didn't seem to have the same power this time out, so it's not a bad choice to lose it. I'm not a fan of tepid versions of SBS. That's the type of song where you either give it your all, or don't play it at all - unless it's Edge solo. Given that, I'm not sad to see this version of it go.

UTEOTW is without question one of their best live songs, but without the connective tissue of the prior songs in tact, maybe it is best to give it a break at this point. Although, unless I am mistaken, on the early legs of ZOOTV, the band would transition from UTEOTW into WGRYWH. Maybe they could try that again now?

Glad to see them changing things up a little. Most unexpected considering the trajectory of the tour up until now. My only complaint is would it kill them to keep Red Flag Day as a permanent fixture in the first set? Just seems like that first set is a little short and could use some slight beefing up, despite the awesome changes.

In my opinion RBW worked great on the album and even better live. I feel lucky I got to see it on this tour before they axed it. Cedarwood Road was a rousing number on the 2015 tour, but it didn't seem to have the same power this time out, so it's not a bad choice to lose it. I'm not a fan of tepid versions of SBS. That's the type of song where you either give it your all, or don't play it at all - unless it's Edge solo. Given that, I'm not sad to see this version of it go.

UTEOTW is without question one of their best live songs, but without the connective tissue of the prior songs in tact, maybe it is best to give it a break at this point. Although, unless I am mistaken, on the early legs of ZOOTV, the band would transition from UTEOTW into WGRYWH. Maybe they could try that again now?

I think they should still close the Act 1 with UTEOTW. But that could just be me, I’m not as enamored with the Wild Horses ending as many here are.

Back
Top Bottom