Hamburg #1 Setlist Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

prbiker15

Blue Crack Addict
Will be back later to post final set. Soundcheck:

Zoo Station
Stay
Wild Horses

Last edited:
WHOA... What slot was it in??

I am REALLY looking forward now to my two upcoming Milan shows (besides being in Italy, of course).

FFS, it’s like if U2 know the tour’s ending and decided to not be entirely static for once.

Are they playing it in the screen?

1 Blackout
2 lights of home
3 I will follow
4 red flag day
5 beautiful day
6 zoostation
7 stay
8 horses

That’s how it’s run so far

Last edited:
7 Horses [emoji16][emoji16]hope this set list stays around

Will this be the last song in the first set?

Would be superb if they played unforgettable fire then until the end of the world

Beautiful Day was actually after RFD so we are on #8 now, WGRYWH, hopefully they add a song or two after this and this is not the end of the first set or they add a song or two later, 21 is too short for a set

Wtf is going on in their heads ? Suddenly 4 or 5 new songs after 40 static concerts... and yet they shorten the show by 2 songs. This is behond my understandings.

The only thing I can think of is their protecting Bono’s voice abit but would two songs extra make much difference?

Let's look at what they really ditched though (besides the Innocence rehash these songs replaced) - Love Is All We Have Left and The Ocean - the first wasn't even live and the second wasn't really sung, so it's really no big loss to be down 2 songs...

I'm just glad they ditched the cedarwood, sunday etc replay from the tour a few years ago, it felt incredibly lazy seeing basically the same show.

....inb4 I get it twice this weekend in A'dam.

It’s funny how they gravitate to AB on these tours that run very long like 360. I know this one is short, but this is their third straight touring year

Barclaycard Arena - Hamburg, Germany - October 3, 2018

---------- It's a Beautiful World / The Great Dictator ----------
01 - The Blackout
02 - Lights of Home
03 - I Will Follow
04 - Red Flag Day
05 - Beautiful Day
06 - Zoo Station
07 - Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
08 - Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
---------- INTERMISSION: Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (Gavin Friday Mix) ----------
09 - Elevation
10 - Vertigo
11 - Even Better Than the Real Thing
12 - Acrobat
13 - You're the Best Thing About Me
14 - Summer of Love
15 - Pride (In the Name of Love)
16 - Get Out of Your Own Way
17 - New Year's Day
18 - Ode to Joy (snippet) / City of Blinding Lights
---------- Women of the World ----------
19 - One
20 - Love is Bigger Than Anything in It's Way
21 - 13 (There is a Light)

Let's look at what they really ditched though (besides the Innocence rehash these songs replaced) - Love Is All We Have Left and The Ocean - the first wasn't even live and the second wasn't really sung, so it's really no big loss to be down 2 songs...

Great point

Really in the old set The Ocean barely counted as a song, it was more or less an intro to Iris. So really they’ve only cut the first set by 1 song. Interesting that The Fly was in the list but not played. Maybe tomorrow. I hope UF sticks around in the rotation as well! Overall good stuff is happening. Just wonder why they couldn’t have pulled some of this out while they did 4 nights in Paris.

Glad to see them switch it up but it’s for songs they’ve played on the past few tours. Give me some more war or October rarities for a change.

Really in the old set The Ocean barely counted as a song, it was more or less an intro to Iris. So really they’ve only cut the first set by 1 song. Interesting that The Fly was in the list but not played. Maybe tomorrow. I hope UF sticks around in the rotation as well! Overall good stuff is happening. Just wonder why they couldn’t have pulled some of this out while they did 4 nights in Paris.

well Paris wasn't long after Berlin, so maybe they felt they needed to be careful with B-man's voice

Back
Top Bottom