Dublin #3 Setlist Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It seemed shorter than the rehearsal version. Maybe because one of my stupid coworkers was knocking on my door during the song.

One of these mixlrs needs to take one for the team and get off the WiFi and chew up their data plan

There’s Larry Mullen, he started the band... blame him.

Good one

3Arena - Dublin, Ireland - November 9, 2018

---------- It's a Beautiful World / The Great Dictator ----------
01 - The Blackout
02 - Lights of Home
03 - I Will Follow
04 - Gloria / Van Morrison’s Gloria (snippet) / Patti Smith’s Gloria (snippet)
05 - Beautiful Day
06 - Dirty Day
07 - Zoo Station
08 - The Fly
09 - Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
10 - Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
---------- INTERMISSION: Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (Gotham Experience Remix) ----------
11 - Elevation
12 - Vertigo
13 - Even Better Than the Real Thing
14 - Acrobat
15 - You're the Best Thing About Me / The Showman (Little More Better) [snippet]
16 - Summer of Love

Have I missed any snippets?

Last edited:
The Showman and Dirty Day? Can I get a HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

That’s it y’all.

3Arena - Dublin, Ireland - November 9, 2018

---------- It's a Beautiful World / The Great Dictator ----------
01 - The Blackout
02 - Lights of Home
03 - I Will Follow
04 - Gloria / Van Morrison’s Gloria (snippet) / Patti Smith’s Gloria (snippet)
05 - Beautiful Day
06 - Dirty Day
07 - Zoo Station
08 - The Fly
09 - Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
10 - Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
---------- INTERMISSION: Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (Gotham Experience Remix) ----------
11 - Elevation
12 - Vertigo
13 - Even Better Than the Real Thing
14 - Acrobat
15 - The Showman (Little More Better) [snippet] / You're the Best Thing About Me
16 - Summer of Love
17 - Pride (In the Name of Love)
18 - Get Out of Your Own Way
19 - New Year's Day
20 - Ode to Joy (snippet) / City of Blinding Lights
---------- Women of the World ----------
21 - One
22 - Love is Bigger Than Anything in It's Way
23 - 13 (There is a Light) / The Miracle (of Joey Ramone) [snippet]

It seems strange that they have been rehearsing a song for so long only to add it to the setlist 3 shows from the end of the tour.

Was at the show. Dirty Day was so cool, what a great. The Achtung Baby segment is flames. The final encore is still absolute shit, one of their worst 3 song stretches ever. It’s amazing they still after all these shows feel good about walking off stage to that. Such a mystery. Oh and that miracle shit at the end is so dumb.

Ah well, still such a solid night.

It’s such a shame that they ignored October, other than Gloria, on these tours. Those songs have to mean a lot to Bono and could kill in the set.

Still riding high off of Dirty Day and the Achtung Baby segment. Getting the Innocence songs out of there makes a huge difference.

Agreed RoKkeR... Actually when i look at the set list I would have been very happy walking out of the arena after this show. The first set is fantastic

Hands down one of the best gigs I've ever been to. This and Monday, but somehow the band seemed in even better spirits tonight, and that's saying a lot after Monday's spectacle.

Can I just take a moment though to say that singing the opening notes to The Miracle of Joey Ramone at the end of 13, and then saying goodnight and fecking off without actually playing the song - NOT COOL, LADS. :angry: :D

Replacing The Ocean with DIrty Day. Who’d have thunk it. Honestly surprised it’s taken them this long to add back the Speech Song.

Last edited:
Can’t believe it, not as good as the original, but damn, can’t say they aren’t being adventurous over the last couple of months!

Actually the song was pretty damn good after watching the video. The spoken intro works, but just have the spoken intro, the addtl spoken interlude makes it lose a bit of the needed buildup and punch, but can’t complain too much. Who would have thought that song would have made a return 24+ years later?!?

I think the Belfast sound check DD was much better than the Dublin concert rendition. I think Edge should have taken the lead. Too bad because I really love that song and was really excited by the sound check, but the videos from Dublin make it seem a little flat. Maybe it’s just not translating well to YouTube.

Was at the show. Dirty Day was so cool, what a great. The Achtung Baby segment is flames. The final encore is still absolute shit, one of their worst 3 song stretches ever. It’s amazing they still after all these shows feel good about walking off stage to that. Such a mystery. Oh and that miracle shit at the end is so dumb.

Ah well, still such a solid night.

Yeah...was at last night in Milan. Encore isn' t the issue...granpa versions of Best thing/Summer of love is what hurts this set.

13 is easily their worst closer live.

This version of DD just needs the solo.

Back
Top Bottom