Chicago #2 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I learned of U2 from of all things some Rolling Stone 100 greatest songs infomercial or some shit that played non stop... and they had IWILL FOLLOW and PRIDE on the disc set you could order. After I heard that like 100 times, I eventually got it together and bought Rattle and Hum. And that was that.

Unless I'm crazy, which I am, I don't recall them not playing Beautiful Day or Vertigo at concerts since they were released of course. I feel both those songs have been played 99.9% of the time at any U2 show. Is that wrong?

I feel they believe BD and Vertigo are the songs that introduced new fans... and they aren't wrong.

Vertigo wasn't in the setlist when JT30 started.

Well, it definitely seems like the 26-27 songs at the start of the tour were more of an experiment and that they are going back to 24 songs as per their usual.

Thought for a minute this was the set list length tonight.
:giggle:

United Center - Chicago, IL - May 23, 2018

---------- It's a Beautiful World / MRI ----------
01 - Love is All We Have Left
02 - The Blackout
03 - Lights of Home
04 - I Will Follow
05 - Red Flag Day
06 - Beautiful Day
07 - The Ocean
08 - Iris (Hold Me Close)
09 - Cedarwood Road
10 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
11 - William Blake's Introduction to Songs of Experience (snippet) / Until the End of the World
---------- INTERMISSION: Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (Gavin Friday Mix) ----------
12 - Elevation

That feeling when you’re worried that if you go to the bathroom you’ll miss a great song, and while you’re peeing you realize it’s just Elevation :)

they really missed out nostalgia opportunities during JT30th tour, like they could've poured all of Rattle and Hum songs into their setlist and made it full on 80s

02 - The Blackout
03 - Lights of Home
04 - I Will Follow
05 - Red Flag Day
06 - Beautiful Day
07 - The Ocean
09 - Cedarwood Road
11 - William Blake's Introduction to Songs of Experience (snippet) / Until the End of the World
---------- INTERMISSION: Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (Gavin Friday Mix) ----------
12 - Elevation
13 - Vertigo

Unless I'm crazy, which I am, I don't recall them not playing Beautiful Day or Vertigo at concerts since they were released of course. I feel both those songs have been played 99.9% of the time at any U2 show. Is that wrong?

I feel they believe BD and Vertigo are the songs that introduced new fans... and they aren't wrong.

Vertigo missed some of the first leg of JT30. Beautiful Day is the only pre-SOI/SOE song that has been played at every concert since its live debut.

Not used to seeing Desire being played every night.

02 - The Blackout
03 - Lights of Home
04 - I Will Follow
05 - Red Flag Day
06 - Beautiful Day
07 - The Ocean
09 - Cedarwood Road
12 - Elevation
13 - Vertigo / It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It) [snippet]
14 - Desire

they really missed out nostalgia opportunities during JT30th tour, like they could've poured all of Rattle and Hum songs into their setlist and made it full on 80s

Good thing that instead they played Beautiful Day and Elevation and Vertigo for the upteenth times, sucked the life out of Ultraviolet, played Ms Sarajevo instead of The Refugee and closed with a new song that they haven't even played on the tour for the album it's from.

Good thing that instead they played Beautiful Day and Elevation and Vertigo for the upteenth times, sucked the life out of Ultraviolet, played Ms Sarajevo instead of The Refugee and closed with a new song that they haven't even played on the tour for the album it's from.

I thought that playing Rattle and Hum songs would've been thematically more relevant, tho

02 - The Blackout
03 - Lights of Home
04 - I Will Follow
05 - Red Flag Day
06 - Beautiful Day
07 - The Ocean
09 - Cedarwood Road
12 - Elevation
14 - Desire
15 - Acrobat

Melt those faces off, boys...:rockon:

Vertigo missed some of the first leg of JT30. Beautiful Day is the only pre-SOI/SOE song that has been played at every concert since its live debut.

I didn't even count JT30 tour as to me that was it's own weird thing. But fair enough. So I'm only slightly crazy.

The Showman, Little Things, Landlady all be great live... 1 they already did a lot, I Just missed it on JT30 tour...

02 - The Blackout
03 - Lights of Home
04 - I Will Follow
05 - Red Flag Day
06 - Beautiful Day
07 - The Ocean
09 - Cedarwood Road
12 - Elevation
14 - Desire
15 - Acrobat
16 - You're the Best Thing About Me

Back
Top Bottom