Chicago #2 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't think it was that poorly received in San Jose. I can't remember American Soul the first night very well, but I remember seeing a lot of people in crowd enjoying it on Night 2.

:lol:

I was very underwhelmed by it on night 1, but on night 2 I loved everything ... partially because I had such an amazing spot.

I don’t understand the U2 fan base and interference *vitriol* for Get Out.

It was weird watching it live and being the only person in the house enjoying it. Well, along with the same 5 people on the rail who will scream for anything.

Well, it's a crappy song for starters.

I don’t understand the U2 fan base and interference *vitriol* for Get Out.

It was weird watching it live and being the only person in the house enjoying it. Well, along with the same 5 people on the rail who will scream for anything.

Bono seemed pretty pleased w the crowd response to Get Out. Personally- I dig the tune and yelled my head off to every word pumping my fists like an idiot. To be fair I pregamed w a few 7% beers and some malort.

I’ve got no beef with GOOYOW, even if it is a BD rewrite. American Soul really did go over extremely well in Chicago. Bono really did tone down his political preaching, especially from what it was last year. To me, the song that really went over like a lead balloon was LOH. Need something with a little more kick in the #2 spot (#3?).

Maybe closer to the album version vs the backing-track-heavy strings version.

If they play American Sales in Europe, complete with flag, they've completely lost touch

It would be insane to spend the political portion of the European show talking about America (Europe has enough to deal with as is).

On another note, you know what the best part of The Ocean is this tour? Any other tour it would have just been a speech (in fact, on IE it was!). Bono needs to have all his speeches underscored with rarities that wouldn't have been played otherwise.

It would be insane to spend the political portion of the European show talking about America (Europe has enough to deal with as is).

On another note, you know what the best part of The Ocean is this tour? Any other tour it would have just been a speech (in fact, on IE it was!). Bono needs to have all his speeches underscored with rarities that wouldn't have been played otherwise.

I'm curious about what they'll do in Montreal with American Soul? I'm sure they have a plan. They can't be THAT stupid, can they?

Maybe next tour Bono will talk about making History Herstory, while the band underscore him by playing "Promenade". He won't sing any of the lyrics, but he might ad-lib some variation of "Coca-Cola, Football, radio video radio video radio.." at the end.

I'm curious about what they'll do in Montreal with American Soul? I'm sure they have a plan. They can't be THAT stupid, can they?

Maybe next tour Bono will talk about making History Herstory, while the band underscore him by playing "Promenade". He won't sing any of the lyrics, but he might ad-lib some variation of "Coca-Cola, Football, radio video radio video radio.." at the end.
Ha! Didn't though of that one.

This is American Soul... sorrrrrrie ya wacky canucks

Back
Top Bottom