Boston #2 Setlist Open Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DRay9911

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
The days are getting shorter and i'm in a foul mood

Any reason why I shouldn't just do this and walk...

TD Garden - Boston, MA - June 22, 2018

---------- It's a Beautiful World / MRI ----------
01 - Love is All We Have Left
02 - The Blackout
03 - Lights of Home
04 - I Will Follow
05 - All Because Of You
06 - Beautiful Day
07 - The Ocean
08 - Iris
09 - Cedarwood Road
10 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
11 - Until The End Of The World
——-INTERMISSION: HMTMKMKM (Gavin Friday Mix)——-
12 - Elevation
13 - Vertigo
14 - Desire
15 - Acrobat
16 - You’re The Best Thing About Me
17 - Staring At The Sun
18 - Pride
19 - Get Out Of Your Own Way
20 - American Soul
21 - City Of Blinding Lights
——-Women Of The World——-
22 - One
23 - Love Is Bigger Than Anything In It’s Way
24 - 13 (There Is A Light)

if you want to listen and see if they play something different, here you go:
k_now_waite is on Mixlr. Mixlr is a simple way to share live audio...
u2songs is on Mixlr. Mixlr is a simple way to share live audio onl...
kevins2u is on Mixlr. Mixlr is a simple way to share live audio on...
Hwy_Girl is on Mixlr. Mixlr is a simple way to share live audio on...

new-mexico-tumblr_1.gif

happy friday

First show of this leg where I'm sitting at home right when it starts. Gonna actually tune in for a bit while I do some work.

Yup, the setlist at the top is probably right. Bring it back to 25-27 songs boys!

if you dont' play HORSES in Boston you're fucking with us Bono and Larry and Dave... Adam, I know it's not your fault buddy.

Good morning from an extremely humid Singapore. Just passing by...and kinda disappointed to see that I haven’t been missing anything.

Enjoy your weekend, folks.

First time hearing this Sunday Bloody Sunday - Until the End of the World transition.

Yeah, SBS-RBW-UTEOTW is so much better

I think Axver had to step away for the rest of the leg.

Oh, and looks like the setlist was just what DRay predicted. New York should be the last chance for a song other than All Because of You to show up. Everything else...in stone.

But hey, Acrobat is still around! :rockon:

Just back! Much better than last night. I never thought I was GA or bust and certainly not a rail skank. But I had rail about ten people back from Edge side main stage. Such a difference!!! They sounded great. Bono was punchy. Crowd was fun. Would switch out songs but had a blast.

Again, show was fun as hell. On paper, meh. But in person, fab.

Except for Acrobat into Best Thing. But I hate Best Thing so I'm biased.

Best thing on album and dj mix when I first heard it was my favorite song on album. Just like I’ll go crazy tonight they play the song just not close to what it sounds like. Just to annoy me I guess.

Again, show was fun as hell. On paper, meh. But in person, fab.

Except for Acrobat into Best Thing. But I hate Best Thing so I'm biased.

Yeah that transition really kills momentum. The show is really cooking at that point and Best Thing turns the burner off.

But overall as you said, show in person is very good, just a hair short of great. But band really seemed to be enjoying themselves both nights.

And no curtained off sections, both shows sold out. Take that LA and Chicago with your much bigger populations. :wink:

Went to Boston 1 on Thursday night, had a blast! I agree with those who say it's so much better live than just reading a set list. The band and the audience seemed really into it and I actually enjoyed my seats in the rafters, had a great view of everything going on. Bummer we didn't get WGRYWH but Acrobat :drool::drool:

We love U2 in Boston and I think the band might remember how much support they got around here way way back .. :applaud:

Did any of you hear the Bono interview clip on the SiriusXM U2 channel? Bono was talking about how he loves the passion the fans have about the band and said he’s well aware of complaints regarding the setlist on online forums. He said something to the extent of sometimes we have good points but “at the same time, we’re not going to kiss their ass either.” I just laughed when I heard it in the car yesterday. He was totally talking about us. Wish I could have recorded it.

Did any of you hear the Bono interview clip on the SiriusXM U2 channel? Bono was talking about how he loves the passion the fans have about the band and said he’s well aware of complaints regarding the setlist on online forums. He said something to the extent of sometimes we have good points but “at the same time, we’re not going to kiss their ass either.” I just laughed when I heard it in the car yesterday. He was totally talking about us. Wish I could have recorded it.

I heard similar comments from bands all the time. They're all well aware, but probably know the difference between making people in front of you at a show happy as opposed to people reading about the show at home!

Lol that's awesome. He doesn't have to kiss ass about It, then again he does say thanks for giving us a great life. And I do believe he means that.

For me the setlist stuff all comes from knowing what I believe they are still capable of. Not wanting my ass kissed. Sorry he feels that way, it is funny though.

Yes a U2 show is still what it is with repetition, a great experience. But even the greatest artists stagnate when things become that routine. And sorry not sorry Bono, Little Things is a brilliant song and you just bury it.

I heard similar comments from bands all the time. They're all well aware, but probably know the difference between making people in front of you at a show happy as opposed to people reading about the show at home!

One of those audiences is significantly more important than the other. Static setlist between cities is no problem because they’re playing to a totally new audience each night, but multiple nights in the same city need some more rotation since there are plenty of fans who do multiple shows. Easiest way to do that with this show is to do 2-3 songs between IWF and BD and just go nuts.

He probably knows by this point that we’ll always have something to complain about.

Just impulse bought two tix for MSG 1. The Newark show is too much of a wild card for me to potentially miss Gloria. Also for some odd reason I feel like we’re in for a surprise tomorrow. Though history has told us to not get excited for any changes on this tour.

Glad I went to the Boston 2 show vs Boston 1 as I much prefer ABOY to Gloria. Heard Gloria WAY too much over the years and it is not one of my favorites in the first place. In addition, pretty much everyone I talked to at the show and later online said the show and crowd was better on the second night. Also the first timers were blown away that I talked to and were amazed even if they didn't know every song.

So the ticket fiasco actually worked in my favor!

Back
Top Bottom