Berlin #2 "Make-Up Show" Setlist Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why not get Landlady on film when it's been sounding pretty good?

My thoughts as well. Might as well have a pro shot version of it in existence. Landlady is another song we’ll never hear again. But it doesn’t fit THE NARRATIVE!

I think GOOYOW, American Soul and LIBTAIIW are the only SOE that will survive. Hopefully they come to their senses and play Little Things again.

I don’t think “Best Thing” will be played again, because they seem to have already half given up on the song. Demoting the album’s flagship single to the boring acoustic set does not bode well.

This is gonna be weird. For the first time since about summer of 2013, when we though a fall 13 album was imminent, there is nothing coming up. No albums to speculate over. No tour to look forward to. No setlist or concerts to dissect.

When they started Love Is Bigger, I started getting a little misty-eyed... :sigh:

Yeah, I got really misty eyed in Vegas when I heard it. Something felt different that U2 show.

I hope it wasn't what were all thinking. I believe we'll see them again...someday

:bono: "These last 4 years have really been something, very special for us. We're gonna wait it out now"...

Thank you, U2.
May they get the urge to restart this machine, or dream it all up again, when the time is right. Good night!

Mercedes-Benz Arena - Berlin, Germany - November 13, 2018

---------- It's a Beautiful World / The Great Dictator ----------
01 - The Blackout
02 - Lights of Home
03 - I Will Follow
04 - Gloria / Van Morrison’s Gloria (snippet) / Patti Smith’s Gloria (snippet)
05 - Beautiful Day
06 - Dirty Day
07 - Zoo Station
08 - The Fly
09 - Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
10 - Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
---------- INTERMISSION: Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (Gotham Experience Remix) ----------
11 - Elevation
12 - Vertigo / The Jean Genie (snippet)
13 - Even Better Than the Real Thing
14 - Acrobat
15 - The Showman (Little More Better) [snippet] / You're the Best Thing About Me
16 - Summer of Love
17 - Pride (In the Name of Love)
18 - Get Out of Your Own Way
19 - New Year's Day
20 - Ode to Joy (snippet) / City of Blinding Lights
---------- Women of the World ----------
21 - One / Invisible (snippet)
22 - Love is Bigger Than Anything in It's Way
23 - 13 (There is a Light)

Bono just said their going away, his last words were honey I’m home :)

Least they didn’t call it a day anyway ;-) I was dreading that all day

This is gonna be weird. For the first time since about summer of 2013, when we though a fall 13 album was imminent, there is nothing coming up. No albums to speculate over. No tour to look forward to. No setlist or concerts to dissect.

I’d argue the last time we were in the total unknown was sometime before NLOTH. I remember them always talking about an impending album through the 2010 and 2011 legs of 360. From 2011-2014 it felt like the album was always possibly around the corner. Nothing like that this time. This could be a long break, but I could also see them touring for the sake of it in 2020.

:bono: "These last 4 years have really been something, very special for us. We're gonna wait it out now"...

Thank you, U2.
May they get the urge to restart this machine, or dream it all up again, when the time is right. Good night!

Mercedes-Benz Arena - Berlin, Germany - November 13, 2018

---------- It's a Beautiful World / The Great Dictator ----------
01 - The Blackout
02 - Lights of Home
03 - I Will Follow
04 - Gloria / Van Morrison’s Gloria (snippet) / Patti Smith’s Gloria (snippet)
05 - Beautiful Day
06 - Dirty Day
07 - Zoo Station
08 - The Fly
09 - Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
10 - Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
---------- INTERMISSION: Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (Gotham Experience Remix) ----------
11 - Elevation
12 - Vertigo / The Jean Genie (snippet)
13 - Even Better Than the Real Thing
14 - Acrobat
15 - The Showman (Little More Better) [snippet] / You're the Best Thing About Me
16 - Summer of Love
17 - Pride (In the Name of Love)
18 - Get Out of Your Own Way
19 - New Year's Day
20 - Ode to Joy (snippet) / City of Blinding Lights
---------- Women of the World ----------
21 - One / Invisible (snippet)
22 - Love is Bigger Than Anything in It's Way
23 - 13 (There is a Light)

Wait it out now? Any more context after that and what does that even mean? :). Wait for what? Hopefully that means take a rest :)

Yep. The end of an era. Sad to have nothing to look forward to, but they need to go away for a while. They'll be back again with something huge as long as their health remains intact, and we'll all have something to get excited about again.

Wait it out now? Any more context after that and what does that even mean? :). Wait for what? Hopefully that means take a rest :)

I get the feeling that 50% of the band are not up for anymore and the remaining 50% are gonna see how that pans out over the next however many months

Wait, what happened?

Bono and Edge tacked on the first 2 verse/chorus of WILATW to the end of “Bad” during the Kansas City show during Elevation. That’s the only time they’ve even acknowledged the song since it was released. I think at least the audio is on YouTube, if not the video.

Bono and Edge tacked on the first 2 verse/chorus of WILATW to the end of “Bad” during the Kansas City show during Elevation. That’s the only time they’ve even acknowledged the song since it was released. I think at least the audio is on YouTube, if not the video.

Whoops, I misread this and was thinking of the JT Tour last year at first. I was thinking that I was there and didn’t remember it.

End of an era. Been quite the ride. Hope we’re back here in due time.

Great 4 years with some strange moves... i still can t get why they only played TUF and Electric Co just once each this tour.... anyways. European tour was great towards the end. ACHTUNG BABYYYYY !!!!!

Berlin #2 "Make-Up Show" Setlist Thread

What a ride indeed. I can’t believe it’s over. And it’s amazing how much life has changed over that time, for me at least.

Glad we had basically a real setlist party to close things out!

I get the feeling that 50% of the band are not up for anymore and the remaining 50% are gonna see how that pans out over the next however many months

It’s still confusing, I think wait it out could mean a self-imposed sabbatical to take a break. There is talk of staging ideas from Willie on what’s next and even a couple years ago Adam acknowledged SOA. I know things change and change fast, but I’d be shocked when the boys go out that they won’t go out without an announced bang unless they’re forced to do so.

It’s still confusing, I think wait it out could mean a self-imposed sabbatical to take a break. There is talk of staging ideas from Willie on what’s next and even a couple years ago Adam acknowledged SOA. I know things change and change fast, but I’d be shocked when the boys go out that they won’t go out without an announced bang unless they’re forced to do so.

I initially thought they’d definitely do a farewell tour, but how many real farewell tours have there been? Maybe bands that want to hang it up just hang it up, no desire to take one last go round.

In U2 by U2, Edge says they never played it because he can’t remember the guitar part. Makes me laugh.

Back
Top Bottom